Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Have I 'discovered' a new speed run tactic?

OP Whitey SPQR

So me and a friend were trying our speedrun of the Silent Cartographer, more just to learn how to do it before attempting it properly. During one attempt at the part where you throw yourself through the doors using the warthog, rather than just put me in the room with the elite, it full on pushed me DOWN two storeys. For the precision speedrunner, if properly utilised in a legitimate run, it could easily shave off about 10 seconds of the WR on this mission. What are people's thoughts on this?

I have absolutely no idea how to embed a link in this, if someone knows I'll be happy to edit this, so here's the link to the DVR recording: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TZ%20Whitey/video/27920775

Thoughts much appreciated!

Whitey
Have you tried to do it again? It seems like it glitched on you sending you down as the door closed. I will attempt it myself to see if i can do it with combination of different button presses. But good find.
It's a glitch. Halo CE has been out since 2001 all the speedrunning glitches and despawns are well known.
It's a glitch. Halo CE has been out since 2001 all the speedrunning glitches and despawns are well known.
Yeah that's what I'm interested in- so I myself have taken an interest in speedrunning, but if it's a glitch, surely there must be a way to trigger it every time? There are always new things to be found out! Such as the Mystery of the Gate on 'The Storm' in Halo 3, which was solved 2 weeks ago, a mystery that had been ongoing for 10 years! So I would say that even though most are well known, there's always room to find more! :)
That looks like a pretty good way to do it, but what i'm concerned about is, how repeatable is it? That doesn't look like something that can be reliably done over again.

Yeah that's what I'm interested in- so I myself have taken an interest in speedrunning, but if it's a glitch, surely there must be a way to trigger it every time? There are always new things to be found out! Such as the Mystery of the Gate on 'The Storm' in Halo 3, which was solved 2 weeks ago, a mystery that had been ongoing for 10 years! So I would say that even though most are well known, there's always room to find more! :)
What's the mystery of the gate?
That looks like a pretty good way to do it, but what i'm concerned about is, how repeatable is it? That doesn't look like something that can be reliably done over again.

What's the mystery of the gate?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oba8WiFITJY