Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Have you ever betrayed someone in Halo?

OP Spartan 12124

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
It's not against the rules to betray people (only consequence is a boot from the match), if it was against the rules to betray peope in Halo, 343i/bungie wouldn't have put friendly fire on in the game in the first place.

What I hate is when I accidentally betray someone when I don't mean too, but because the game is poorly made. Like in Halo CE multiplayer (although I love it). If you just nudge a team mate with a vehicle (I try to get close to them to pick them up), they get killed, and the blame goes to you. Or if you try flipping a vehicle and it lands on a team mate, they die, and the blame goes to you.

At least its not as bad as Halo reach where team mates can jump into your falcon's propellors and kill themselves, but rather than a suicide, it counts as a betrayal on you. People do this purposely so they can boot out team mates either to troll or to steal the pilot seat of the falcon. God that was such a dumb idea, to have the propellors link betrayal if a team mate jumps in them.

Anyway, this thread is to discuss about betrayals in Halo MCC.

Are they funny? Do you do it? Purposely or Accidentally? Should they be kept? Do they add realism?
It's there to stop explosive spam
It's only done by accident. I once was trying to get rid of the stalactites on Lockdown and didn't realize two of my teammates were under one. I got a double betrayal. One of the folks didn't take it very well and killed me when he respawned. I guess I deserved it.

There have been occasions when I've had the rocket launcher and come across one of my teammates fighting two enemies at close range ... I know he's going to get killed and my rocket my betray him, but it'll give the team two points, and even though that's a tough call ... I still usually wait until they finish him off before I fire.
I've done it accidentally....I've also done it on purpose for vengeful reasons.
i cant help people who go in to melee someone i stuck with a grenade
The last time I got one was when a ghost was headed right for me so I stuck it with a plasma grenade as I jumped well a near by team mate decided to hijack it shortly after before the grenade went off. Not really sure who to blame there but I got a betrayal out of it.
I didn't vote because none of the options fit for me.

I sometimes betray AFK players so that the team will get better spawns, depending on where the AFK player is.
Only betrays i get are accidental, or when people ask for it by trying to kill me on purpose so i pop them a few times or if they try to kill me because i get in the hog i just run their butt over.
I was in a BTB on sidewinder and my team was junk except for me and two other people. I respawned and climbed to the top of one of the bases to get a sniper and saw one guy betray another for the sniper, so I betrayed him for the sniper he stole. It was priceless.
I do it by accident, however when the round or game ends and you can betray without worry of being booted I, and many others, betray on purpose.
No friendly fire is on to add to the difficulty of the game
Only in revenge situations. ..you betray me on purpose. ..I will hunt you the rest of the match.
Problem is that while serious players will take this into account and play with some thought, MANY others will betray for weapons, vehicles, trolling, etc.

FF should be on only in ranked playlists, where more mature minded players will play
not purposefully but sometimes when I get betrayed for a stupid reason, I can't help but laugh.
I only betray people accidentally, when it's my friend, or when someone provokes me.
Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Problem is that while serious players will take this into account and play with some thought, MANY others will betray for weapons, vehicles, trolling, etc.

FF should be on only in ranked playlists, where more mature minded players will play
Not everyone in ranked is "mature minded"... don't go into ranked expecting players to be more mature. Sometimes it feels like the reverse.
8/10 times it's by accident

1/10 times it's for vengeance if I know the other person betrayed me for no reason

1/10 times it's on purpose against friends in customs

In my experience the worst betraying happens in the Team Slayer playlist so that put me off the playlist
There are times when I do so on accident, then there are other times when I betray the team mates who are acting like -Yoinks!-. Does that count as a good sport?
>Had the flag the other day

>A teammate was hogging a mongose passenger seat seat

>Enemies closing in fast

>I regret nothing
It's always an accident. Whenever you're playing Big Team driving along, & out of nowhere one of your teammates walks right in front of you!!! It happens very rarely for me though, I just try to avoid driving. xD
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10