Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Have you ever betrayed someone in Halo?

OP Spartan 12124

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
It is hard to not accidentally do it, when you are in a big crowd.... it gets really intense. and what sucks was that the first time i Accidentally betrayed someone, was

A) In halo: Reach

B) They booted me for accidentally doing it once!!!!
I had the Rocket Launcher (full ammo), The Sniper (full ammo), and a Speed Boost all at once on a game of Bloodline CTF, and some kid thought it was funny to betray me with the Hornet. We lost because of the same guy (he sucked anyway). As with Recon Avenger, I betray people only for revenge, if it was for a weapon or some other bs.
My bad luck is game specific. I dont have these problems cross game.

H:CE put rockets in my hands and I'll be more of a danger to my team and myself than anything
H2 either i cant drive that warthog or im just unlucky
H3 mongoose splatters
H:R wraith
H4 tank splatters

Then there is the sniper. I can quick scope 1 shot people out of ghost but if your on foot im church. that or if i do get a good shot someone will walk in front of me as i shoot. same with the laser.

its all on accident i swear.
I had the Rocket Launcher (full ammo), The Sniper (full ammo), and a Speed Boost all at once on a game of Bloodline CTF, and some kid thought it was funny to betray me with the Hornet. We lost because of the same guy (he sucked anyway). As with Recon Avenger, I betray people only for revenge, if it was for a weapon or some other bs.
I think that was me, lol
I just betrayed my team mate with the flag, so I could get the score point. I'm so evil :(
It's not against the rules to betray people (only consequence is a boot from the match), if it was against the rules to betray peope in Halo, 343i/bungie wouldn't have put friendly fire on in the game in the first place.

What I hate is when I accidentally betray someone when I don't mean too, but because the game is poorly made. Like in Halo CE multiplayer (although I love it). If you just nudge a team mate with a vehicle (I try to get close to them to pick them up), they get killed, and the blame goes to you. Or if you try flipping a vehicle and it lands on a team mate, they die, and the blame goes to you.

At least its not as bad as Halo reach where team mates can jump into your falcon's propellors and kill themselves, but rather than a suicide, it counts as a betrayal on you. People do this purposely so they can boot out team mates either to troll or to steal the pilot seat of the falcon. God that was such a dumb idea, to have the propellors link betrayal if a team mate jumps in them.

Anyway, this thread is to discuss about betrayals in Halo MCC.

Are they funny? Do you do it? Purposely or Accidentally? Should they be kept? Do they add realism?
I betray idiots who don't know what they heck they are doing lol
Once or twice by accident but mostly I like to play the game properly.
We all have at least once. I do it because either a teammate has killed me on purpose, my teammate is AFK, or the person is betraying other teammates. It sometimes happens accidentally, but a lot on CE. I was on a match of Danger Canyon and was spamming RB to melee for no such reason but my teammate spawned right as I meleed and he was betrayed by me.
Mostly on accident but there are occasions where a teammate has it coming... Such as for people that spam with grenades or waste power weapons... Or smack you or try to kill you for whatever reason. I drop those kids pretty easy. What's the worst is when they betray you first then they antagonize you to betray them back and they get to boot you. Blah, there is no justice when it comes to betrayals in Halo...
I hate in halo ce when you tap someone with a warthog and they die. Then they kill you for revenge even though it was clearly an accident. My games at that point will then turn into a game where I usually try to kill that person as many times as I can with my friends.
I rarely ever betray no one that don't got it comin'... But there have been times where I just can't resist, "POP," or "SMACK," goes the weasel... Heh heh
Most of those were accidental. If a teammate sets me off I'll just let the other team do it, avoiding a betrayal booting.
After concluding that infection was technically a FFA I may or may not have pushed my "team mate" off the map when they were on a ledge.
all the time a betrayal because a team mate has to run in front of me while I am chucking a grenade misses the enemy goes to the team mate or the -Yoink- holes who put you as a passenger on a mongoose on reach and drive the mongoose off the cliff and kill you but not themselves
The post title says "have you ever?", but the post itself says, "Do you?", as in, "Do you regularly?".

Yes, I have, plenty of times. No, I do not do it regularly.
They've tried other Halo games in the past with friendly fired turned off and it makes the game play horrible. No one has to worry about team grenades so they spam them all over the map without any worry. Games goes with rockets.

How does saving your teammate with rockets by shooting him make any sense?
Only time I intentionally betray someone (or try to intentionally betray someone) is if they've deliberately betrayed me for no reason - as happened the other day, said person then betrayed one of my friends as well (we were playing 3 player splitscreen and the guy who betrayed us was the only other person on our team), so I started shooting him just before my friend booted said betrayer (even though said betrayer had got about 3/4 of our kills at that point and we lost heavily and I only managed to finish joint top with the booted guy by the end! I'd rather lose heavily than have someone keep betraying for no reason at all).

Otherwise any betrayals are accidental, and I won't boot people either unless betrayals are clearly intentional.
Accidentlly mostly

but also as revenge if they betray me on purpose
If it's an unranked match, I typically boot for betraying me unless it was a hilarious and unforeseen accident. Saying "sorry, i shot you by accident" while you spray me with an AR does not count.
Sometimes when teammates and I will be moving up to wherever the other team is waiting for us, like the top of Ivory Tower/Reflection, I'll throw a grenade just as one my my teammates charges ahead and steps on my grenade. Fortunately most of them realize it was an accident, but sometimes I get the occasional -Yoink- who makes it his mission in life to betray me after just one accident.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10