Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Have you ever betrayed someone in Halo?

OP Spartan 12124

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
I get booted from time to time for accidentally splattering team mates with a wraith or ghost. The only times I betray purposely are AFKs that do nothing for my team and -Yoinks!- that betray me first over things like a heavy weapon, and good vehicle, or for some unknown reason.
Blinky 909 wrote:
It's there to stop explosive spam
*encourage* explosive spam.
Whoever voted for 'I don't betray people" are liars. We all have betrayed someone before, whether on purpose, accident, or a mixture of both.
Accidents happen... I've had plenty of those while playing through the franchise. But I've also had my share of morons who BETRAY because I picked up the weapon they wanted. If we are going for a weapon and you want it? Turn on your -Yoinking!- headset and say something. I'm an easygoing guy. I'll probably let you have it. BETRAYING someone because you're a -Yoinking!- crybaby just makes you an even bigger -Yoink-.
Blinky 909 wrote:

Please tell me how *encourage* makes any sense in your statement? I won't throw grenades in the direction of other players knowing if there is friendly fire on. If you turn it off, I don't care where I throw them so I will throw more.
I had the Rocket Launcher (full ammo), The Sniper (full ammo), and a Speed Boost all at once on a game of Bloodline CTF, and some kid thought it was funny to betray me with the Hornet. We lost because of the same guy (he sucked anyway). As with Recon Avenger, I betray people only for revenge, if it was for a weapon or some other bs.

I think that was me, lol
I remember who it was (wasn't you), but I can't name him because of some stupid policy on here.
HC KripTiK wrote:
No friendly fire is on to add to the difficulty of the game

Problem is that while serious players will take this into account and play with some thought, MANY others will betray for weapons, vehicles, trolling, etc.

FF should be on only in ranked playlists, where more mature minded players will play

Not everyone in ranked is "mature minded"... don't go into ranked expecting players to be more mature. Sometimes it feels like the reverse.
Amen, many times you will run into little 12-13 year olds who are trying to act harder than they are, and often times they will still betray you if they want a Sniper-Rifle, rocket launcher, etc.
~David~
Blinky 909 wrote:

Please tell me how *encourage* makes any sense in your statement? I won't throw grenades in the direction of other players knowing if there is friendly fire on. If you turn it off, I don't care where I throw them so I will throw more.
Every time I've played, no matter where I am, my team feels the need to throw the grenades, rockets, etc in my general direction. That's how it makes sense. FF turned off, is better for everyone.
There have been times where I killed a bad team mate for the sniper rifle towards the end of the game. Recently in Halo 3 I did it when we were down 47 to 49. The guy who got to it before me did nothing but die the whole match so I betrayed him for the snipe and won the match with it.

I'm certain that if he kept the snipe we would've lost so no regrets, no F's given.
I do, on occasion, accidentally betray team members. It is unavoidable in some situations. You aren't always talking with your team so if two or more go after the same foe, things happen. Grenades are thrown wrong or the opponent is stuck when a teammate is near. Its all part of the fun.
If it happens it is always an accident, and if it's an accident I don't really consider it a "betrayal". Betrayal implies intent.
I never intentionally betray anyone (first, anyway), but of course accidents happen. That said, if I pick up a weapon or hop in a vehicle that some jerk wanted and he betrays me for it, you can damn sure bet I'll kill him back.

People who betray others for weapons, vehicles, enjoyment, or just intentionally in general, are complete asswipes.
I do, on occasion, accidentally betray team members. It is unavoidable in some situations. You aren't always talking with your team so if two or more go after the same foe, things happen. Grenades are thrown wrong or the opponent is stuck when a teammate is near. Its all part of the fun.
on occasion

LOL
I betray or get betrayed via incidental grenade use on the smaller maps, particularly the ones like lockout that sometimes result in 8 people in a tiny little space all blasting away frantically and hurling grenades. Usually that's about it though I have had that one kind of "teammate" who will happily kill members of his own team if they have a certain weapon that he wants, usually it's a sword, gravity hammer, or shotgun hog on the close quarters maps.
i always try to avoid damaging team mates but accident happen sometimes.....
Only accidentally, but then again, who hasn't?

I know how the game will work though: Somebody betrays me on purpose, no kick option shows up. I revenge betray them, and they get the option to kick me because of course they do.
Oh maliciously
Case 1: You grab sniper/rocket/sword first. Teammate betrays you and takes it from your corpse. I go, find teammate, and kill him to get my weapon back. Sometimes I do this to be funny, sometimes I do this because I'm angry, sometimes it's for no reason.

Case 2: Matchmaking places us in an unbalanced game (5v2, 6v1, etc) or teammates on one team leave (ending up causing the same imbalanced team setup) - the actual game is now boring, so betraying teammates makes it interesting again. For example - Our team is up 8 to 1 and we have to go to 50 to win. It's 4v1. Can we make it so the other team wins by getting enough betrayals to give the lone wolf a chance? Otherwise, if you get booted, it's fine - you didn't really want to play that game out anyway.

Case 3: While not exactly "betraying", take case 1 or 2 from above and instead of actually killing teammates, ALMOST kill them and see if they kill you back. Do this until they do actually kill you twice, then boot them from the game :)
I used to be one of those jerks who would betray for power weapons when someone incompetent was using them but as I've matured I realized how much of a jerk move that is so now I don't betray at all.
I think we've all been there when we throw a sticky at a vehicle only for one of team-mates to shortly hijack it afterwards, or when firing a long distance rocket only for somebody on your team to catch it with their face. Good times though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10