Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Have you ever betrayed someone in Halo?

OP Spartan 12124

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10
ARF234 wrote:
Oh maliciously
Thank you for your honesty *sneers at everyone else*
I have done it by accident and on purpose. Accidents are self explanatory but the purposeful betrayals have a variety of reasons.
I only betray people when it's convenient and they really pissed me off. I hate it when other players betray me for no good reason, like when I pick up a weapon or enter a vehicle they wanted. That's just inefficient and childish. If they start doing that, yeah I will kill them if they don't stop just to save myself. Self defense and stuff, ya know?
Congrats on the clickbait. I betray people only for vengeance.
I only betray people by accident,but once in Halo 4 in settler I drove a warthog with a friend and I went off and I put the warthog on a tight cliff then I threw a frag grenade and he fell,but the funniest thing was that he was trying to use the jetpack and he failed so he died.Lol.
I hate when people betray for weapons or vehicles. I've been chaingunned by my teamate in a warthog when I was in a hornet. The game I just played, H3 on Avalanche, i had the sniper and got 8 or 9 kills, about to go on a frenzy. I was also the only person with over 10 kills on my team and we were barely winning. And my teammate sticks me for the sniper and then dies from an enemy not 5 seconds later. I betray for revenge when that happens.
I used to betray for fun, but then I grew up. Now I betray people out of vengeance, and I vengefully teabag their corpses.
Accidentally most of the time.
In Reach I'd sometimes betray my friend when he's running the Spartan Birthday Party effect (And visa versa) but typically it's on accident.

Best moments ever: Lasering a falcon then dashing for cover, only to hear Betrayal! while I'm hiding. Theater revealed the debris landed on my only other team mate (everyone else had quit)

Second best: Firing a fuel rod at an enemy in Halo 4, only for him to use a hardlight shield, have the bolt bounce off his shield and into the face of a team mate. Of course, it counted as a betrayal.
Does it count if you betray yourself?

I've done that lots.
I always accidentally run them over with a warthog.
Ugh. Once I had to do it purposely. I generally feel really bad doing it (I do it on accident), but...

Once, I was playing Griffball on Reach. Some -Yoink- on our team was standing in the corner with the ball while his buddies were betraying me. I didn't want to quit, and for some reason, the game wouldn't let me boot them. I decided to try and betray the -Yoinks!-. Not too successful. Ended up with over 50 deaths.
I think we've all been there when we throw a sticky at a vehicle only for one of team-mates to shortly hijack it afterwards, or when firing a long distance rocket only for somebody on your team to catch it with their face. Good times though.
Story of my life
I rarely betray people, but when I do, It's usually accident.
Accidental betrayals, until I'm betrayed by someone intentionally. Of course, then it's retribution betrayal lol
It's not against the rules to betray people (only consequence is a boot from the match), if it was against the rules to betray peope in Halo, 343i/bungie wouldn't have put friendly fire on in the game in the first place.

What I hate is when I accidentally betray someone when I don't mean too, but because the game is poorly made. Like in Halo CE multiplayer (although I love it). If you just nudge a team mate with a vehicle (I try to get close to them to pick them up), they get killed, and the blame goes to you. Or if you try flipping a vehicle and it lands on a team mate, they die, and the blame goes to you.

At least its not as bad as Halo reach where team mates can jump into your falcon's propellors and kill themselves, but rather than a suicide, it counts as a betrayal on you. People do this purposely so they can boot out team mates either to troll or to steal the pilot seat of the falcon. God that was such a dumb idea, to have the propellors link betrayal if a team mate jumps in them.

Anyway, this thread is to discuss about betrayals in Halo MCC.

Are they funny? Do you do it? Purposely or Accidentally? Should they be kept? Do they add realism?
Mostly on grifball but sometimes on purpouse when playing with friends
HCE Chill Out. I am in sniper room and look out across the broken bridge. One enemy teleports to the other side and starts running towards the shotgun room. I toss a sticky right as my teammate jumps up from the shotgun room, pops him with the shotty and catches my sticky with his face. I always have my mic on, so while I was laughing, I was telling him I was sorry for that.

On the 360, in H4, I had a triple snipe. 3rd person was my teammate.
In my halo career I have betray a lot of people on accident and they always boot me out of the game, but I never boot anyone who betray me, it doesn't mater if I'm mad I have promise myself to never boot a player no matter how bad they did/tried to betray me.
The question is, why are there betrayals?
Don't run directly in front of me when I have a Sniper Rifle!!!
My betreyal story: I assassinated some one while trowing a grenade. The grenade stuck the team mate while he yoinked me, he died. Total instant karma and I still got booted. By totally worth it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10