Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

HCEA +H2A campaigns performance downgrade.(XB1X)

OP E Mc Sq

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Ever since Reach was added to the MCC, the performance of Halo and Halo 2 campaigns when using remastered visuals have taken a turn for the worse.

With the exception of the beginning of the Guilty spark level in the first Halo, the anniversary remasters were near locked 60, but now both games are dropping noticeably below that target, causing distracting stuttering and ugly screen tearing that wasn't present previously. It's not a very satisfying way to experience these games. This is on an XB1X, so i assume it may be even worse on the base model.

I was hoping todays patch would address this issue, but i just tested and framedrops and tearing are still present.

It's not a complete disaster, as performance is perfect when using original graphics, and Halo 3 and 4 are unaffected, but it's still very disappointing that framerates have seen such a downgrade.

Any hope that this will be addressed in the near future?
Many thanks.
I thought that was just a split screen issue (me and a friend played split screen very recently and it'd become nearly unplayable unless using original graphics) but it happens while playing alone too now? It didnt do that when I played single player before reach came out.

Campaign is really getting the short end of the stick.
-Performance you're talking about
-halo 1 classic graphics using gearbox PC version that lowered graphic quality (while xbox uses normal better graphics)
-Halo enemy AI very different/harder/not fun to fight (main example being the space mission in reach, but I've noticed it years ago in halo 1)

And much more. I just want a pure halo campaign experience in 60fps and modernized. Sure I could play original 360/xbox versions if I'm such a purist, but I REALLY like the idea of MCC and I feel their extremely close to that perfect experience.
I was actually wondering if the new update did anything with that issue.
343 plz fix this issue
Any official commentaries yet?
I have noticed this too, I think.
This is really disappointing,it seems that they stopped caring for Campaigns long time ago.All i see in new updates is Multiplayer improvements.So many people are reporting Campaign issues for months,even years but nothing is done about it.
I’ve noticed this too. Hopefully they fix it soon.
Yep this is the only reason I haven’t been playing mcc half baked is never going be acceptable
So, it's been roughly 3 months since Halo anniversary and Halo 2 anniversary campaign performance was ruined by a patch, and still no acknowledgment from 343, let alone any kind of fix.

It's a very disappointing state of affairs, and the radio silence regarding this issue is very concerning.

I've seen people who have recently purchased an XB1X, excited to play the first two campaigns at 4K 60, expressing their dissapointment at the game's performance on the ResetEra forum, and assuming that the XB1X just isn't powerful to run them. These people are obviously unaware that they ran fine just a few months ago.

Surely 343 cannot be happy or proud that people are having such a negative first experience?

All i'm asking for is just an acknowledgment of this problem, maybe how and why this downgrade occurred and a rough timeline for a fix. Is that too much to ask?

Many thanks.
Someone from 343 on Reddit finally replied to this issue. They appeared completely oblivious to it. Said to send in a support request to their support site. So I did that.
S01itude01 wrote:
Someone from 343 on Reddit finally replied to this issue. They appeared completely oblivious to it. Said to send in a support request to their support site. So I did that.
So, i went to the support site to create a ticket, and one of the required fields is the current 'build number'.
Any clue what the current build number is?
Many thanks.
E Mc Sq wrote:
S01itude01 wrote:
So, i went to the support site to create a ticket, and one of the required fields is the current 'build number'.
Many thanks.
When making a ticket, it usually comes up automatically when you select MCC for Xbox. It did for me anyways. If not, in most games, it can usually be found in the start or main menu somewhere on the screen
Wow this is a mess how on earth did this patch ruin the game
S01itude01 wrote:
E Mc Sq wrote:
S01itude01 wrote:
Many thanks.
When making a ticket, it usually comes up automatically when you select MCC for Xbox. It did for me anyways. If not, in most games, it can usually be found in the start or main menu somewhere on the screen
Thanks, didn't realise it auto filled the build number.
I did manage to find the version number on my xbox and weirdly enough it is different to the one that auto fills in the form (auto filled 1.2416 or something on the support form, 1.1305 on my xbox)
Anyway, issue has been reported, so hopefully we will get some movement on this issue.
Any improvement with the new update?
E Mc Sq wrote:
S01itude01 wrote:
E Mc Sq wrote:
S01itude01 wrote:
Many thanks.
I did manage to find the version number on my xbox and weirdly enough it is different to the one that auto fills in the form (auto filled 1.2416 or something on the support form, 1.1305 on my xbox)
Anyway, issue has been reported, so hopefully we will get some movement on this issue.
Did it several times, 343 will close the ticket (sic!) with resolution "we have added this issue to our known list of problems". I thinks this is totally illegal and I don't know how make them send official statement. At the update logs they mostly talking about pc version, no one cares about. I think public should now about 343 incompetency, so no one will ever buy their product, knowing that it could be broken any time, and 343 will do nothing. Strange that this still didn't appear anywhere outside halo forums. Should we send public message to Phil, 343?
S01itude01 wrote:
Any improvement with the new update?
Just tested and unfortunately the answer is no, framerates are still really unstable.
Just load up the second level in the first Halo with remastered graphics enabled, walk out of the crashed escape pod and pan the camera around.
Looks like it's running at 40fps, maybe lower, with screen tearing across the top. It's really bad.
I'm going to plug in my base XB1 later today and see how it runs on that. If it's this bad on an XB1X, i imagine it will be even worse on the lesser hardware.
E Mc Sq wrote:
S01itude01 wrote:
E Mc Sq wrote:
S01itude01 wrote:
Many thanks.
Did it several times, 343 will close the ticket (sic!) with resolution "we have added this issue to our known list of problems". I thinks this is totally illegal and I don't know how make them send official statement. At the update logs they mostly talking about pc version, no one cares about. I think public should now about 343 incompetency, so no one will ever buy their product, knowing that it could be broken any time, and 343 will do nothing. Strange that this still didn't appear anywhere outside halo forums. Should we send public message to Phil, 343?
Popular and respected Youtube channel Digital Foundry are currently working on a video covering the PC version of Halo anniversary.
Their previous PC related videos usually include a comparison with the console version, so i'm hoping that Digital Foundry will show how bad the framerates currently are on XBOX.
That should help get a spotlight on this issue.
Wow so a 50 gb update and still no improvement wow
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6