Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Here is a list of bugs and flaws [Please Update]

OP The Angry Whelp

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 81
Note: This is copied and pasted from a post on reddit, the thread can be found here.

Matchmaking bugs:

- If you switch between the playlists you lose your party most of the time. You can't take your party and often don't get asked if you want to.
- Sometimes the teams get shuffled during the loading screen. E.g If you are with friends in the "red" team while voting for the map it doesn't mean you are in the same team when the game starts. "Team formulation" seems very broken (More...).
- Colors/Emblems, etc. is not available in Matchmaking and you just get a generic/random emblem.
- It doesn't give priority to your party when creating the teams. I've played about 10 Team Slayer games and most of the time was in the opposite team of my friend.
- Big Team Battle description says it's 8vs8, but it's only 6vs6.
- Rank up bug that let's you get the highest rank via a Matchmaking/Custom Game bug. Details: http://redd.it/2lyo3c
Custom Game bugs:
- Team colours shuffle after each game. And because changing team colours is now a 4-5 step process this is very annoying.
- Settings shuffle if you make some changes after the game and you have to setup everything again.
- You can't join a game after it started. It always says it's full, even if it isn't.
- The game gives the host randomly to players depending on the game. We played a few H2A games with a perfect and lag-free host. When we switched to H2C with the same players the game was suddenly unplayable, because it gave the host to someone else.
Other problems / missing features:
- Game chat randomly doesn't work for some players. Many people meet in parties.
- Players randomly disconnect from the game.
- The game freezes sometimes during the loading screen. Often after a game ends.
- You can't see the ping in matchmaking or custom game. In any game. This is really important.
- Changing the team colour is now a 4-5 step process. We were able to press "x" and could right away change the team. Now you have to press "X" to open the roster. Scroll to your gamertag and select it with "A". Then choose "Change Color" from four different options with "A". Then select the colour and leave the menu again.
- Loading times for maps seem extremely long. It also doesn't seem to preload the map like it always did.
- The roster doesn't work right. It often doesn't show anyone or only a few of the people that are online and sometimes you can't invite players. Sometimes the game get's unresponsive/freezes after using the roster or a snapped app.
- You can't see anymore who's talking in game. This used to be an important feature in previous games. Now you are in matchmaking with new players and just have to "guess".
- You can't see who is wearing a mic unless they speak.
- Less customization options for game type settings in custom games.
- There should be an option to turn off (or at least lower the volume of) the menu music. It used to be only in the main menu in the past, but now it's everywhere and just far too loud.
- The roster always shows 1/16 players for every group/friend, even if they play with more people,
Game Specific Bugs & Single Player:
Halo CE:
- Audio in Single Player is flawed. Loops sometimes forever/overlapping/different tracks playing at the same time/wrong sounds (More..).
- Completed Single Player games sometimes don't save.
- When playing co-op campaign, it seems impossible to finish a mission. The game is always disrupted with disconnects (More...).
H2A:
- Campaign seems to randomly crash when attempting to start a mission.
H3:
- One user reports that he can't play Halo 3 at all. No single or multiplayer. Game freezes at the loading screen. As this happens only with one user so far we need more people confirming this here...
Mixed:
- Cross game singleplayer playlist skips mission (specifically Mission 6 on "Normal")
- The Master Chief Collection sometimes responds poorly to snapping. This behavior has exhibited crashing, freezing, and persistent significant frame drops.
- These are only a few things that happened to me and the players I played with last night. Please add more.

Edit: I think we should concentrate on bugs that only affect gameplay and the overall experience in a major way. Everything that needs to be urgently fixed. We don't want the important stuff to be drowned. There are definitely far too many bugs to fix.

Again, this is not my list, I simply wanted this forum to see what another forum is saying. Hope this helps:)
Found a bug playing Halo: CE using the controller layout "Green Fingers", the crouch doesn't work. I haven't tried any other campaigns as I have only just got the game.
I advise everyone to not go anywhere near terminals in Halo CE.
Yes there's achievements to be had but hang on.
I visited one, watched the video, auto loaded back into CE and I'm stuck. No input is registered.
Gave up and watched my way through the whole of Channel instead.
Restarting XBone doesn't fix (esp if you have quick boot)
Forced to load another game then reload TMCC.
The game did reload to a previous checkpoint which wasnt too far back, thankfully.

tl;dr version: HALO CE TERMINALS BUSTED. DON'T TOUCH
This needs to be pinned
Found a couple in CE myself. When playing the MC Saga playlist it skipped 343 Guilty Spark, said I had completed it which I hadn't. On Two Betrayals I saved a quit, when I turned it back on I was reverted all the way back to the beginning of the mission (which is something that plagued me in CEA on 360)
Bump also copy and post this in the feedback section
I'd say bringing back how armor customization was in Halo 3/4 instead of how it is now with "armor sets" count as a flaw. New way is terrible.
-In H2A campaign, random enemies will will become completely invisible for a few seconds (this is not active camo, this is a texture glitch)
-This isn't really a bug but there should definitely be a player count for playlists
-No team change in forge
-I think the bumpers are swapped in spark in H2A (Lb is now descend, Rb is now ascend) I could be wrong, it just feels very weird, correct me if i'm wrong

H3:
- One user reports that he can't play Halo 3 at all. No single or multiplayer. Game freezes at the loading screen. As this happens only with one user so far we need more people confirming this here...

I have this as well. Hadn't noticed since I don't play it but it came up in the TS rotation and the game crashed. So I tried 6 customs of Halo 3, all crashed. Tried 6 levels of Halo 3 campaign , all crashed.
The biggest bug I've encountered is that you cannot create custom map variants specific to different gametypes in forge on any of the halo 3 maps. The only option to choose is basic editing which is useless at the moment. The missing features work for Halo 2 and Halo 4.
Me and a friend of mine have the exact same problem with halo 3! Neither of us can start the game in any way, freezes at the loading screen then gets sent back to the xbox menu.
Any news about this?
Here's a BIG one for ya. Halo 3 Forge, unlike the rest, fails to load the list of gametypes before starting. Basic Editing is the ONLY game mode to select. I hope to God this is just a bug and not mistakenly a forgotten feature. As of now Halo 3 Grifball, (the best Grifball of all) is 100% impossible to make in Halo 3 right now, as well as about 90% of all the custom game types we remember and love like Rocket Race. There isn't even an option to change game modes in-game like you could in the original H3 Forge. I couldn't even make my own CTF map if I wanted to in this state.

I bought this game for Forge. Nothing else. Forge for my Xbox One.
Halo 3: Turning vibration off only reduces the intensity of the vibration, and I only noticed it when shooting a gun.
- Terrible frame rate issues. Especially multiplayer of Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-what-works-and-what-doesnt-in-halo-the-master-chief-collection

Also:
- Sound issues in Halo 2 Anniversary coop (sounds effects missing or lagging).

- Digital copy works (58.8GB), but in console's menu it tells me that instalation is incomplete and it tells me to re-instal from disc (which I don't have)
Can confirm terminals mess things up. I watched one terminal. It launched the Halo channel, now I don't get ANY video output on my Xbox.
What do I do?

EDIT: Fixed it by toggling to different inputs. Weird. Must be HDCP because I have a capture card. Bullcrap.
Did they seriously not test this game?
Curt580 wrote:
On Two Betrayals I saved a quit, when I turned it back on I was reverted all the way back to the beginning of the mission (which is something that plagued me in CEA on 360)
Same for me on H2A (Metropolis mission specifically).

A small one: one terminal in H2A sent me to the Halo Channel and I couldn't exit without backing out to the dashboard and selecting MCC. Kinda weird but not terrible.
lmmoIation wrote:
Halo 3: Turning vibration off only reduces the intensity of the vibration, and I only noticed it when shooting a gun.
I had that problem earlier. They hide it under the name "Impulse Triggers". Turn that off, as well as the other one and you'll be fine. Not sure why M$ is so hard pressed to make turning vibration off so difficult. I think they just want us to keep buying their batteries.
This is ridiculous. This game is not finished. Is Halo dead?
- Terrible frame rate issues. Especially multiplayer of Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-what-works-and-what-doesnt-in-halo-the-master-chief-collection

Also:
- Sound issues in Halo 2 Anniversary coop (sounds effects missing or lagging).

- Digital copy works (58.8GB), but in console's menu it tells me that instalation is incomplete and it tells me to re-instal from disc (which I don't have)
This is odd i'm pretty sure my download is 58.9GB??
A few I've encountered:

- Game crashes sometimes when viewing a player's service record/details
- Camera wildly spins sometimes when exiting a vehicle.
- "Lost connection to game host" sometimes appears as soon as you start searching for a game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 81