Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Here is a list of bugs and flaws [Please Update]

OP The Angry Whelp

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 76
  4. 77
  5. 78
  6. 79
  7. 80
  8. ...
  9. 81
Okay so I just updated Halo: MCC and I've lost all my checkpoint info and now have to start the most frustrating level in Halo CE all over again (Truth and Reconciliation) in Legendary.
Also Matchmaking is still slow as hell. There's no excuse for this piece of garbage. If I wanted to buy a broken game, I would have bought Assassin's Creed Unity instead. It's been a week and I still haven't been able to get into a Multiplayer match.

So to recap, the game update that was supposed to fix Matchmaking DIDN'T really fix it, except gave us more of a status update on reasons why it's slow. Also it broke my game save. Good job guys, way to screw this up royal.
Updated not that long ago. Matchmaking was working for a little bit but now whenever I try I get stuck on a "Downloading Latest Data" screen that never ends. Also, in H2A campaign if you save progress and then use "Resume" to get back to it, the game stays stuck on a black screen. If you pause it, everything comes up normally, but when I unpause it goes right back to black. I can hear the sounds in the background, but can't see anything on the screen. This is ridiculous, and I'd be sorely tempted to return my copy if it wasn't the only XB1 game I have right now.

EDIT: 31 minutes later, still on "Downloading Latest Data" screen. -Yoink- this.
Naarly117 wrote:
Updated not that long ago. Matchmaking was working for a little bit but now whenever I try I get stuck on a "Downloading Latest Data" screen that never ends. Also, in H2A campaign if you save progress and then use "Resume" to get back to it, the game stays stuck on a black screen. If you pause it, everything comes up normally, but when I unpause it goes right back to black. I can hear the sounds in the background, but can't see anything on the screen. This is ridiculous, and I'd be sorely tempted to return my copy if it wasn't the only XB1 game I have right now.

EDIT: 31 minutes later, still on "Downloading Latest Data" screen. -Yoink- this.
Same here with the H2A campaign save progress resuming to a black screen. Pause and everything comes back as if you have switched a light on. Unpause the game and it's back to black screen with audio in the background.

343 obviously put a lot into delivering to us the MCC. I am sure that they are almost as disappointed with all the bugs and issues as we the customers are. I have been playing Halo since it was released on the original Xbox and I am not stopping now, nor am I rage-quitting and returning my copy of the MCC. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with the messy state of this game.

PLEASE 343i. Give us the game that you wanted to give us and the game that we all have been excited to play. I am a patient man but I fear for those that are not as patient as ultimately I will be a part of a small player base that will be struggling to find games in matchmaking, even after all the issues are resolved.
N0BLE 06 wrote:

PLEASE 343i. Give us the game that you wanted to give us and the game that we all have been excited to play. I am a patient man but I fear for those that are not as patient as ultimately I will be a part of a small player base that will be struggling to find games in matchmaking, even after all the issues are resolved.
That's the problem mate, they dropped the ball hard. This was what a lot of Halo fans and Xbox fans have been waiting for. This was supposed to be a system seller for the holidays for sure and this crap happens?

Good luck with that now. All the bad press it's getting isn't going to help it much. If I sound a bit irked by this, you're damn right I am. This stupid patch had me lose all my progress on Legendary, and STILL hasn't fixed my Matchmaking issues, so you can imagine my frustration. Releasing a patch that does nothing but piss people off will definitely lead to a lot of players going elsewhere. Remember, there are a LOT of other games that have come out in the last 3 weeks that need playing.

343i get your $#!% together.
On Regret, Legendary, I can't go in the underwater elevator. At all. As soon as I touch the water, the game fatally crashes and boots me to the home screen. Also for you guys that get a black screen when loading H2A, switch your graphics, it fixes it.
I'm having trouble connecting with friends on line. It says we are in a party but we're not. Also my H2A rank keeps resetting, this is happening very frequently. When i load into Halo it is always syncing.
After launching MCC and pressing the Menu button to "start" all I see is the background with the music playing. No game menus or anything appear. Literally can't do anything. Ive reinstalled twice and that hasn't helped at all. I tweeted the issue to Halo and got nothing. Anyone else experiencing this?
I have been continually getting stuck at 4 seconds when waiting to respawn in H2C MM games. Sometimes for up to a minute.
I
PIanetes wrote:

H3:
- One user reports that he can't play Halo 3 at all. No single or multiplayer. Game freezes at the loading screen. As this happens only with one user so far we need more people confirming this here...

I have this as well. Hadn't noticed since I don't play it but it came up in the TS rotation and the game crashed. So I tried 6 customs of Halo 3, all crashed. Tried 6 levels of Halo 3 campaign , all crashed.
I have the same problem too can't pass the loading screen and the game crashed this goes for only Halo 3 rest of the game worked.
My halo 2 campain mission 11 Quarantine Zone solo heroic is just a black screen. I pause and i can sorta see where i am but when i resume its still a black screen. This is the first time its happened, when i switch graphics it crashes. Also my Halo 3 and CE campain crashes all the time and makes the screech noise and my disk is in excellent condition. I restarted my xbox one and now all the game types are static. Havnt been able to find a online game scince i got it. Halo 4 is the only one that works.
well co-op still have problem keep disconnection :/
I DONT REALLY CARE THAT THERE ARE MANY BUGS IN THIS GAME AS FAR AS MULTIPLAYER GOES WHICH IS ALL I CARE ABOUT ANYWAYS, WITH THAT BEING SAID, WHY THE -Yoink- IS ALL THE GAME MODES EXCLUDING BIG TEAM A -Yoinking!- 5V5??? IT USED TO BE AND SUPPOSED TO BE 4V4. IF YOU ARE GONNA REMASTER AN ORIGINAL CLASSIC WHY THE -Yoink- WOULD YOU ADD ANOTHER PLAYER TO A GAME??? STOP RUINING HALO WHAT THE -Yoink-
I have constant issues with checkpoints, they come an go, and on Heroic that's hardly helpful..
I end up tanking my way through Covenant and Flood for about 15 minutes straight, dying and then when I attempt it again, at the same locations I reached during the checkpoint-less run, I hit a checkpoint, then another, then another...?
What is wrong with the checkpoint system? I know Anniversary versions usually keep the original bugs, but please do something.
Its only quite minor though, and I think by the time you reply or even fix I will probably have moved onto Halo 2's slightly better checkpoint system (a friend reported playing through 2 missions on Legendary, with checkpoints, only to return a few hours later to find nothing had saved -he hadn't turned his Xbox One off, he had just saved and quit to the menu-)

Spoiler:
Show
I cant play halo 2 or 3 at all the game is installed but the games are stuck at 15.5% and 0% any solutions other than re dowlnload
They need to fix the rank reset issue. I got de ranked twice and now I cannot get past level 1 and other people are having the same problem. They also need to fix glitches achievements. me and my friends played legendary halo3 campaign got all skulls and NONE of the achievements popped we realized after the fact… such BS never had a game have SOOOOOOO many bugs at launch…WE ALL GOT SCREWED OUT OF 60$
Not sure if anyone else has addressed this issue or if anyone has it but it is slightly annoying when creating a gametype.

Whenever I "save as" a new gametype I have created, it doesn't like to keep the name and description I have made for it. It will keep the settings of the gametype but that still makes it hard to find when it has the generic name that it started out with. For example, when I create a new infection gametype and change its name and description, it will keep that name for a bit but then it changes back to infection later.

Like I said I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I just wanted to address it and make it known. This is one of the few problems I have other than the slow matchmaking (but almost everyone has that).

Since it isn't a major problem it can wait until the major problems do get fixed but it can be very annoying at times. I hope this gets read and the issue will get fixed as soon as the other more important problems get fixed.
When I attempt to resume progress on a mission, it boots up with a black screen. I can still pause the game just fine, but when I try to play, the screen goes black again. I can still hear gunfire and explosions while the black screen is up, and when I pause the game it is clear that my character is moving, but I simply cannot play the game because the screen is black. This happened on H2A on the mission Gravemind.

Furthermore, in a co-op game on Halo CE, every time we start a new mission following the completion of the previous mission, my Co-Op partner encounters the black screen issue and we have to reboot the mission from the main menu to avoid the bug.
Congrats 343, you talentless hacks have ruined this series. Please Microsoft, shut these guys down, they don't deserve to work on this series and this comes from a halo superfan for the past 13 years. Get anybody else, ANYBODY. Gearbox, treyarch, some kids in their mom's basement, anybody.

-Uneven Teams
-Matchmaking barely works
-Splitting friends onto rival teams
-Campaigns DONT F'N SAVE CHECKPOINTS... have to restart levels from the beginning
-Randomly exploding in H2A single player
-menus glitch and overlap
-random freezes and crashes

absolutely a piss poor effort on 343's part. Budget developers like saber interactive and ruffian couldn't have helped either, this is the worst game ever f'n made.

80$ out the window
I also randomly get started with southpaw inverted controls, IN RANKED MULTIPLAYER. What in GOD'S NAME is this broken piece of CRAP.
i have found a bug in halo MCC if you go to theater mode and wane look at the halo 3 multiplayer movie's and campaign.
that if you mis at the point where you wane make a screenshot or wane record it with the record app then you most restart the movie from it.
and i have look at halo 2A forge maps and from there i go back at the point if i miss it and not from halo 3.

i not know if it has been reported all but then there know about it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 76
  4. 77
  5. 78
  6. 79
  7. 80
  8. ...
  9. 81