Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

"High sensitivity for experienced Halo players"

OP I Rockatansky I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What kind of joke is this that they regurgitate the same laughable sensitivity description from Halo 4 into the MCC?

Out of all the MCC's problems, this may be nitpicking on my part. But seriously, saying "Lower sensitivities are for people who have trouble aiming" is plain BS. I get that someone new to Halo may use a lower sensitivity because of this, but in reality, it's just telling them that if they're not using 11 sensitivity, they'll never match up to the pros. And that couldn't be more opposite of the truth. Most of the talk I hear is that the "pro" Halo players use 2-4 sensitivity.

So really, what sensitivity do you play on and do you think 343's sensitivity description is justified?
I used to always play on 5...I've had to slow it down for mcc. I think I'm on 3 now. Not sure if it's my older reflexes or the 60 frames.
I actually find the default 3 sensitivity the best for me.
I use 3 on all the games. I read that the pro players yae a 2-5 for sensitivity.
3-5 seems to be the best for consistent br shots. Anything higher and longer range fights are harder to win.
I use to play halo oon eather an 8 or higher depending on the game type but in the mmc anything or 4 gets really hard to control
Well obviously higher sensitivities are for more expierenced players. If you are not a good player then there is no way in hell you should be playing on anything above 3.
I play 3 on all the games. Only exception is Halo Reach. I play 4 on that. But I will say back in the day I played on 10. The only reason I don't now is because my eye sight it pretty much crap. I'm blind in my left eye, and with glasses my right eye hold's a good 20/90 vision. So I can't keep up with the movement on the screen when its higher up.

Overall tho playing on a lower sensitivity hasn't seem to effect my performance too much. I still average over a 2.0 K/D, and W/L In all Halo games.
I find 4 is perfect for me i use to play on 6 back in the days but with MCC i can manage not to miss my shots on 4 and still have a some decent sensitivity movement
Whatever works best for you is best.
We all need these exact controllers but with heavier/tighter sticks. Watched some videos about it. They're fantastic and more accurate than previous stuff but it takes 2/3 the pressure to move them as a 360 gamepad's sticks. Slight more resistance is all it needs so we can go back to our 5's again. I'm on 4 due to the tendency to 'twerk' out my aiming all nutty when initially going to aim in a new direction from not aiming at all. Never had that issue in anything until playing shooters on Xb1 controllers. It's just most noticeable in MCC versus things like CoD because their aiming mechanics let you dampen and slow your sensitivity essentially when ADS.
3 is perfect for me. Any lower and my reflexes are too slow. Any higher and my aiming is too flimsy.
I actually run with a 5 or 6. Super far shots can get a lit hard but i can land tough close ranges now.
d0nkatron wrote:
We all need these exact controllers but with heavier/tighter sticks. Watched some videos about it. They're fantastic and more accurate than previous stuff but it takes 2/3 the pressure to move them as a 360 gamepad's sticks. Slight more resistance is all it needs so we can go back to our 5's again. I'm on 4 due to the tendency to 'twerk' out too often. Never had that issue in anything until playing shooters on Xb1 controllers. It's just most noticeable in MCC versus things like CoD because their aiming mechanics let you dampen and slow your sensitivity essentially when ADS.
This! This x10000000!

The Xbox One controller is *nearly* perfect, but the tension on the sticks compared to the 360s is a tad off-putting. The sticks on the X1 are much looser, and it's really affected my skill at Halo. I use 3-5 sensitivity depending on which title I'm playing at the moment, with 4 being the most used. I really wish I could create my own controller with parts from the 360 and X1 and have it mass produced with MS quality...it would be perfection.
I always assumed that high sensitivity was for the gamers who think it's video game competitive, skilled, pro magic
3-6 sensitivity is what I heard most pros use. I use 4 myself and can keep up with my enemies.
Where did you read that at? All competitive players use 3-5. And there's no 360 quickscopes in Halo so only noobs or drunks would use anything above 7.
Pros use 3 - 5. I use 4 at the moment. Having a really high sensitivity can be good in some situations, but also has the potential to completely screw you over
I was using a higher sensitivity but noticed a little difficulty, but figured i needed to adapt. For me, my concern with lower sensitivities is the increase in times it takes to turn around and defend myself. I think I'll try lowering tonight though, see how if it makes a difference, because as mentioned already, those intense moments where you need finer control is lost at higher settings.
You have to admit that it is much harder to aim on 10 send then 3. If not there would be no reason to play on the lower sensitivities
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2