Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

"High sensitivity for experienced Halo players"

OP I Rockatansky I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
My sensitivity is on 7.

I've played like that ever since Halo CE, except for that time I used to play at 10. It really helped overcome the "slow down" effect from getting hit with the Plasma Rifle in CE.
Mines on 5, always use 5 in Halo games. Sometimes it works against me (long range) but most of the time I much prefer it.
I play between 3-4 on the game. I think I was at 5 at some point but once my controller gets some wear on it and is more loose I drop down to 4 or 3.
4 in CE/H2c and 3 in H3
I use 7. For me, it is easy. I started playing Halo when I was 10 (I am now 19) and gradually upped the sensitivity. I started on the three and found that being on seven is the best sensitivity for me to play on. It allows me to turn quickly when I am getting shot from the back, allowing me to shoot, strafe just enough to win the encounter. Also, turning at this speed allows me to get a better amount of situational awareness at a faster speed. This applies to all titles of the Halo Franchise Halo MCC to 4. For me, 3 is too slow and 10 is too fast.. It's better being in the middle, lucky #7 ehh?
I started on 2 and now I play 3.

I had 5 50s in H3. I literally never knew anyone who played above 5.
I'm different then most. Ever since halo 2 I've played on the highest sensitivity. 10 sensitivity seemed to help so much in swat and other battles where reaction time and quick turnarounds were key to the gameplay. Since I had a 2 year break from halo until I got MCC I had to tone it down to around 7, but now I'm playing at 8 on MCC.
Everyone is different. I play on 3. I tried both higher and lower sensitivities and like 3. Its more a personal preference
I use 10 on halo 1 and 3 Halo 2 I use 9
I think you're reading a little too deep into this.
I first played MCC on 10 to adjust to the 60fps and have slowly lowered it to 8 as I find that's optimal. Also, I would argue that in alotta situations, my higher sensitivity has saved me in close quarters fights that require quick turning etc. So the reason for "pro" players to use a lower one, I don't understand
3 sensitivity
Another necro? Come on now.
I first played MCC on 10 to adjust to the 60fps and have slowly lowered it to 8 as I find that's optimal. Also, I would argue that in alotta situations, my higher sensitivity has saved me in close quarters fights that require quick turning etc. So the reason for "pro" players to use a lower one, I don't understand
Consistency, you don't use something that helps 10% of the time, compared to 90% of the time. You can't out strafe a 4 setting so there is no reason to really go above it, is why use it. Pro's also don't "just have people behind them" they communicate none stop so they don't find themselves turning around, they generally keep all the action in a front of themselves.

Still to this day, i've only meet one person I would call good that plays above 7.

I'd be wining to bet, if you lowered to around 4, played more mid range fights with the BR, your win ratio and K/D would drastically improve.

The argument for needing a higher sensitivity for turning around or close quarter combat shows a players ability. Drop it to 4 and force yourself to use the BR, you'll be better than you ever were in a few days.
AS for myself and many other halo 3 pros, I played on 4 sens because it was easier on LAN. I used to Play 5 sens on xbl a lot tho before competing in events. Most pros play on 3-5 from my first hand knowledge. the reason lower sens is bad is because it is hard to make quick movements if someone tries to ninja you or is shooting you in the back and you want to turn around fast enough to get a few shots in them before you die.
I honestly use sens 10 it allows me to react the fastest in a lot of situations tho it makes it a little hard to do no scopes with the sniper rifle thought thats about it
I've slowed down over time. Not sure if I'm just getting too old. Halo 2: 10, halo 3/Reach: 9, halo 4: 7, and MCC: 6.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2