1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I know there have been countless threads made to discuss the inaccuracies of the H3 BR back when the title was dropped in '07 and had long been compared to the BR of H2. Even still today, there have been a few videos to further my point of view, especially when it comes down to the Halo 3 on MCC. Hit detection is even more unreliable than it once was, leading your shots has never been more necessary and reminds me of CE for the PC slightly. While many are blinded by nostalgia and love for the series as a whole, I can't believe that for years I played this game trying to better my shots when it was this bad. I guess it has something, or a lot to do with net code and that the game came out over a decade ago. Though I think projectile aiming sounds great in theory and could work well, I don't think it was executed properly. It may sound like I'm bashing the MCC, but I'm also expressing my frustrations about the original title. Every so often I go back and forth between H5 and H3 and it becomes more apparent than ever.

Anyone have the same or opposing views on the H3 BR?
Eh, ever since the awful weapon tuning test in halo 5, the halo 3 br has grown on me and i've now come to appreciate it.
Eh, ever since the awful weapon tuning test in halo 5, the halo 3 br has grown on me and i've now come to appreciate it.
Funny you say that, after tuning the Halo 5 br seems closer to the Halo 3 br. (Except not projectile based)

I agree. Halo 3 shooting feels so unnecessarily difficult. More so in the MCC because 60fps makes leading shots more important. I can't ever imagine how I played to a competitive degree in this game.
Funny you say that, after tuning the Halo 5 br seems closer to the Halo 3 br.
Well not exactly, there is one factor that makes halo 3's br work but not halo 5's, I'll give you a moment to think about what it is.
Funny you say that, after tuning the Halo 5 br seems closer to the Halo 3 br. (Except not projectile based)

I agree. Halo 3 shooting feels so unnecessarily difficult. More so in the MCC because 60fps makes leading shots more important. I can't ever imagine how I played to a competitive degree in this game.
I feel exactly the same. I think back to the old days and just wonder how I would try as hard as I once did and play competitively as well.

Fans of the classic Halos would disagree, but I think that the statistics of the new Halo 5 BR are the best. We just need the sound and the look of Halo 2A's.
the hit detection with halo 3 on mcc was amazing at launch
Halo 3 BR in MCC is very bad. I am a very good halo player, and when I play halo 3 original, it's not the same thing. I am disappointed with Halo 3 on MCC.
The Halo 3 BR was always a bit inconsistent, but in the MCC the problem is much worse than it was on the 360. You now need to be extremely close to a player for your shots to register consistently, whereas in the 360 version you could hit players pretty reliably at medium distances.
The Halo 3 BR was always a bit inconsistent, but in the MCC the problem is much worse than it was on the 360. You now need to be extremely close to a player for your shots to register consistently, whereas in the 360 version you could hit players pretty reliably at medium distances.
I completely agree. Although, I feel that it was not nearly as bad closer to launch of MCC. I have started noticing this more in the past year? After launch I was still playing pretty competitively and still dominating like I always had on original halo 3 on 360. But, in this last year all of the sudden my BR is just gotten terrible, not registering shots. I am struggling to carry my teams like I once had. It is SO frustrating, considering this is my all time favorite halo game, and game in general. I am tempted to just buy halo 3 now that the xbox ones are backwards compatible and hope people are still playing :(
Dj2Storm wrote:
I completely agree. Although, I feel that it was not nearly as bad closer to launch of MCC. I have started noticing this more in the past year? After launch I was still playing pretty competitively and still dominating like I always had on original halo 3 on 360. But, in this last year all of the sudden my BR is just gotten terrible, not registering shots. I am struggling to carry my teams like I once had. It is SO frustrating, considering this is my all time favorite halo game, and game in general. I am tempted to just buy halo 3 now that the xbox ones are backwards compatible and hope people are still playing :(
People are still playing, but as I'm sure you're well aware, the 30fps takes some getting used to. The MCC offers a huge trade off because of the silky smooth frame rate but with the terrible shot registration.
halo 3 br sucks in general
Shot registration on back-compat Halo 3 compared to MCC Halo 3 is a night and day difference. I'm not sure if this is a net code issue of the MCC but this needs to be fixed come spring. This issue renders MCC H3 almost unenjoyable. To make matters worse, H3 is voted almost EVERY TIME in EVERY cross-game playlist.

Yes the back-compat 30fps takes getting used to for a few games but is really not that bad and is worth it if you want the full H3 multiplayer experience.
I'd like to ask everyone here a quick question. I've been thinking deeply, and is this worth buying? The Battle Rifle was my bae, and um it seems they -Yoinked!- it up.
the hit detection with halo 3 on mcc was amazing at launch
What? Halo 3 hit detection has always been terrible, and it's even worse on MCC. Always has been...
Kayen wrote:
Shot registration on back-compat Halo 3 compared to MCC Halo 3 is a night and day difference. I'm not sure if this is a net code issue of the MCC but this needs to be fixed come spring. This issue renders MCC H3 almost unenjoyable. To make matters worse, H3 is voted almost EVERY TIME in EVERY cross-game playlist.

Yes the back-compat 30fps takes getting used to for a few games but is really not that bad and is worth it if you want the full H3 multiplayer experience.
People for some reason prefer 60fps over better hit detection
You almost have to lead the target at close range when playing Halo 3 on MCC. Halo 3 on MCC is broken in that aspect. It was bad in Halo 3 on Xbox 360 but once you got used to it, it was bearable. On MCC, its nothing short of maddening
I think is because of the inaccuracy of the BR on long distances, close range is easy to handle and hard to miss but because of the change from Halo 2 which was Hitscan to projectile based on H3 and newer is harder to grasp the impact it has on gameplay (mainly because the enemy players always jump and move and turn like madmen). The distance accentuates the inaccuracy of the BR.
Unfortunately the H3 BR is too useful a weapon no one uses anything else
Unfortunately the H3 BR is too useful a weapon no one uses anything else
Huh?

-Carbine
-Mauler
-Sniper
-Beam rifle
-Rockets
-Fuel Rod
-Spartan lazer
-Shotgun
-Gravity Hammer
-Sword
-Plasma pistol
-Brute shot
-Plasma rifle (Underrated, it's really good up close, if you follow it up with a melee)

All these weapons are worth picking up the list of useless weapons is smaller. AR, spiker, SMG and magnum are the only truly bad weapons.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2