Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Hit registration is even worse.....

OP Trigger Happy M

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
After the update both Halo 2 and 3 have horrific hit detection.... Even worse than before the update. Serious blood shot issues in both Halo 2 classic and Halo 3.

The aim is also extremely off for some reason now.

In addition, it seems this update killed casual play completely. You always seem to get matched against teams of 4 no matter if you search solo or with a group.

Not sure what they did but itdi be better if they'd revert the changes and bring back all the playlists we had before.

EDIT: Example
what r u talking about bro the hit detections is pretty much perfection in halo 2 just tried it 4 times for a headshot with a br
Darkzero45 wrote:
what r u talking about bro the hit detections is pretty much perfection in halo 2 just tried it 4 times for a headshot with a br
The best situation I can direct you to to repeat this issue is the next time you play Halo 2 sniper Slayer, count the number of blood shots you get with the sniper.

If this is an isolated issue only affecting a few of us like some of the original MCC bugs then this is going to be hard to solve.
I really hoped this wasn't the case but I'm starting to think he's right about hit detection .. ffs :|
The hit detection for me has been leagues better. I'm actually able to consistently kill people now.
Where do u live?
I find that Halo 2 and Halo 2A have great hit detection now however I also find Halo 3 and Halo CE to be kind of iffy outside campaign.
You cannot match teams of 4 if you are not searching with a team of 4 in the ranked playlists.
Dang that sucks man. Hit detection is 10x better for me now. Playing yesterday was the most fun I've had on the MCC in a long time because shots actually registered, no blood shots, and the game was very smooth. Hopefully it is just an isolated issue for you that gets resolved asap. Good luck
After the update both Halo 2 and 3 have horrific hit detection.... Even worse than before the update. Serious blood shot issues in both Halo 2 classic and Halo 3.

In addition, it seems this update killed casual play completely. You always seem to get matched against teams of 4 no matter if you search solo or with a group.

Not sure what they did but itdi be better if they'd revert the changes and bring back all the playlists we had before.
This is DEFINETLY not a isolated issue, many have been dealing with this and reporting how bad it is, especially in h2c. It was horrible in the insider program as it is horrible now. It needs a major hit detection overhaul.

This is DEFINETLY not a isolated issue, many have been dealing with this and reporting how bad it is, especially in h2c. It was horrible in the insider program as it is horrible now. It needs a major hit detection overhaul.
*sighs* Dang.... I was really hoping I'd get nothing but "YOU'RE CRAZY!" or "You're just bad" or something like that. Not because I want abuse but at least then I'd know this is only an issue on my end which if that easthe case might be fixed by changing some settings on my home network or a problem with my area's connection that needs fixing.

Yeah unfortunately it's back to SMGs not affecting shields and sniper and BR bloodshots.... Hell, I even had a match or two where it worked to my advantage: basically the enemy was shooting at me and on my screen I was taking hits to my helmet and chest area but my shields remained undamaged while I was able to 4 shot them without issue.

The biggest issue I have here is that it seems to be inconsistent.
<p></p>
Giga wrote:
You cannot match teams of 4 if you are not searching with a team of 4 in the ranked playlists.
My friends and I tried testing the difference in searching together versus searching solo and we would match the same group of 4 regardless of going alone or with a full party of 4.

My only explanation for what might be happening is maybe when we searched solo, we would get thrown on to a team with 3 people partied together which might result in you still being able to face a full team of 4.
<p></p>

*sighs* Dang.... I was really hoping I'd get nothing but "YOU'RE CRAZY!" or "You're just bad" or something like that. Not because I want abuse but at least then I'd know this is only an issue on my end which if that easthe case might be fixed by changing some settings on my home network or a problem with my area's connection that needs fixing.

Yeah unfortunately it's back to SMGs not affecting shields and sniper and BR bloodshots.... Hell, I even had a match or two where it worked to my advantage: basically the enemy was shooting at me and on my screen I was taking hits to my helmet and chest area but my shields remained undamaged while I was able to 4 shot them without issue.

<p></p>
yeah its pretty bad. every match there seems to be the issue of one person becoming invincible for like 30 seconds and they are able to 4 shot easy while being able to take hits without they're shield being affected.

<p></p>
yeah its pretty bad. every match there seems to be the issue if one person becoming invincible for like 30 seconds and they are able to 4 shot easy while being able to take hits without they're shield being affected.
I think its a server issue tbh because LAN plays flawlessly.

<p></p>
yeah its pretty bad. every match there seems to be the issue if one person becoming invincible for like 30 seconds and they are able to 4 shot easy while being able to take hits without they're shield being affected.
I think its a server issue tbh because LAN plays flawlessly.
Glad to hear this is likely isolated to servers instead of the entire game.

Still needs to be addressed though.
This game is complete garbage. Not even beat downs register most of the time. I quit out of my last game because nothing registers. Kids probably think they’re good at the game.
This game is complete garbage. Not even beat downs register most of the time. I quit out of my last game because nothing registers. Kids probably think they’re good at the game.
You aren't exactly wrong. Look at this.

EDIT: Example
That clip doesn’t seem particularly egregious from a hit detection perspective.
Seems fine to me. In fact H3 has definitely improved.
LethalQ wrote:
Seems fine to me. In fact H3 has definitely improved.
That’s exactly my take. That clip looks like how Halo 3 has always played, just buttery smooth and with great graphics.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3