Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Hit registration is even worse.....

OP Trigger Happy M

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
H3 is what I’ve played the most since the update and I’d say it’s better but not quite the same as the original H3. I’m getting 4 and 5 shots easier than before but at mid to long range I’m still getting some blanks. Also, the sniper it seems like alot of clear body shots don’t count on people that are really far away like at double zoom range yet headshots usually count.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
After the update both Halo 2 and 3 have horrific hit detection.... Even worse than before the update. Serious blood shot issues in both Halo 2 classic and Halo 3.

The aim is also extremely off for some reason now.

In addition, it seems this update killed casual play completely. You always seem to get matched against teams of 4 no matter if you search solo or with a group.

Not sure what they did but itdi be better if they'd revert the changes and bring back all the playlists we had before.

EDIT: Example
That clip doesn’t seem particularly egregious from a hit detection perspective.
I think it's the melee he's worried about.
Halo CE has dodgy hit registration when I'm playing ranked duos, but that's probably because of my lag. :)
I wouldn't say it's worse. I have quite a few clips with bloodshots pre-update. What you are seeing is just halo 3 being halo 3.

Example 1
Example 2
AshamanND wrote:
After the update both Halo 2 and 3 have horrific hit detection.... Even worse than before the update. Serious blood shot issues in both Halo 2 classic and Halo 3.

In addition, it seems this update killed casual play completely. You always seem to get matched against teams of 4 no matter if you search solo or with a group.

Not sure what they did but itdi be better if they'd revert the changes and bring back all the playlists we had before.

That clip doesn’t seem particularly egregious from a hit detection perspective.
I think it's the melee he's worried about.
That is correct. I think it's what is known as a "ghost melee".
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
You do realize that bungie has absolutely nothing to do with Halo now right? Also making these games work on a new platform, in one game, with better graphics and faster frames per second on new servers is a bit more difficult than simple copy and paste as you seem to be thinking.

But to me as far as hit registration goes it has definitely been improved since original launch. I think what most experience is lag. There is no doubt that some regions have not so good connections to the servers. But from my experience it is much improved.
There has to be something going on, and I wish I knew what it was, cause even though the state of the game was kind of iffy before the major update, some games are far worse for me now then they've ever been. By every metric, my connection is far more superior to my friend (same region, 30 miles away) that I normally play with, yet he hardly ever has a problem, but for me, it's at least every other game I'm having hit detection issues. It gets worse than that in that so many players seem to be lagging on me. DSLReports.com measures my connection with A's across the board, I have low ping, low latency, no packet loss, 70 download/6 upload yet with MCC, since the first major update, I'm having so many issues that I want to rage quit. It really bugs me cause I know so many times I shouldn't have been outgunned, especially when the player that's consistently doing it is has both horrible stats in game, and across their career (not that mine are special).

Most games with H3, hit detection is as bad as it was before the update. I will say, like the first week or so H3 seemed amazing, but it's gone downhill fast and I don't understand why. I really believe I'm still connecting P2P at least half the time, cause my connection plays fine across other Multiplayer games like Battlefield 1 or COD Black Ops 3 (with the occasional/normal hiccups). What the MCC plays like now for me, is what COD Infinite Warfare played like (which I dropped by 2nd week of launch), that is, shoot first, die first, to players running around with obvious negative K/Ds. Halo CE pistol is so inconsistent for me--I've always been good with landing headshots (at least on LAN), but across the servers it just seems so inconsistent and wildly inaccurate at times.

H2 and H4 seem the most stable and consistent for me since the major update, bust sometimes snipers in H2 play like when MCC first launched--snipe right through someone, nothing happens.

For what it's worth, I'm playing on Xbox One X, using a BenQ EW3270U 4K monitor with emulated HDR... so I don't know if that's affecting anything at all, but the only thing I think that would change is fluidity of aiming (which it did after the major update, took some getting used to). I'm stumped, and it makes me actually enjoy playing Halo 5 now, which it used to be the complete opposite.

I really want to play more if/once the Match Composer is fully released, but I dread playing the games I want to just to have horrible gameplay experiences.
Halo CE has dodgy hit registration when I'm playing ranked duos, but that's probably because of my lag. :)
Sometimes I feel like I have to lead my shots often in Halo CE.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
Sometimes I feel like I have to lead my shots often in Halo CE.
You’ve always had to.

Whether it was on Xbox through XBConnect or Halo PC.

Even at LAN parties, if you weren’t on the host Xbox you had to lead your shot a tiny bit.
CE is by far the worst atm. You can have perfect detection and 0 shots connecting within the same game. How much you have to lead also greatly varies within the same game which has never been the case with either the xbox or the pc version. H2C has seen dramatic improvements, but is still far from being as crisp as the original, especially when it comes to snipes & melees. H3 is designed to have 2/3 of your BR shots be random whether they hit so that's always been bad. H2A and H4 have great hit detection tbf.

I agree 100%. When the MCC update was released everything was fine. I actually had fun with the game and got some kills. Then after the new updates there has been horrible lag. Nothing hits the enemy and they kill me after I am in cover. I don't know which of the new updates started causing problems but I am not going to touch MCC before they are fixed. And boy those sweaty teams I get matched with. I can smell the sweat from the other side of the world. I live in Finland btw.

I agree 100%. When the MCC update was released everything was fine. I actually had fun with the game and got some kills. Then after the new updates there has been horrible lag. Nothing hits the enemy and they kill me after I am in cover. I don't know which of the new updates started causing problems but I am not going to touch MCC before they are fixed. And boy those sweaty teams I get matched with. I can smell the sweat from the other side of the world. I live in Finland btw.
I'm in the Midwest, U.S., and it was similar for me. First day of the update I was so excited as Halo 3 BR was no longer infuriating, and for about the first week, the whole update seemed great, it felt like it was playing on dedicated servers, and that shots actually worked. Now, it's not only back to the way it was pre-update, it seems far, far worse. I'm actually enjoying playing Halo 5 now instead--the game that used to always raise my blood pressure and stress me out is preferred to the MCC, and it really bums me out.
Quote:
I'm in the Midwest, U.S., and it was similar for me. First day of the update I was so excited as Halo 3 BR was no longer infuriating, and for about the first week, the whole update seemed great, it felt like it was playing on dedicated servers, and that shots actually worked. Now, it's not only back to the way it was pre-update, it seems far, far worse. I'm actually enjoying playing Halo 5 now instead--the game that used to always raise my blood pressure and stress me out is preferred to the MCC, and it really bums me out.
Yeah, it's bad. I did the same thing as you, switched to H5 and it works fine lag wise.
Direct hit from a sword did no damage to my teammate: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/b-2the-eano/video/62947005

Beat down and direct head shot didn't kill opponent, had to put two further shots into him, you can see I actually start turning away after the first shot as he should have died: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/b-2the-eano/video/62947082

The amount of BS in games is just getting boring, it's unplayable.
EDIT: Nevermind.

Detection still needs work. On the hardcore playlist a couple times I've went to assassinate somone and I hit them and didn't do nothing and they turned around and killed me. BR I can't speak much but it still doesn't not feel like the original Halo3. Hit detection might be better than before but needs to be looked at again possibly. I'm thinking because it's 60fps now that they fixed the hit detection you gotta be to precise with the BR now. I have trouble using it in ways I never did in the original Halo3.
Im finding the hit registration to be fine. Ive heard of the issues but I personally havent experienced any of them.
Im finding the hit registration to be fine. Ive heard of the issues but I personally havent experienced any of them.
That's because you live near the servers so your ping is low.
So I finally got to play after they added Composer--must say it's the best thing to happen to MCC, but the connection/registration issue is still there for me. I just don't get it. It's the only game that I have this issue with, and like I mentioned before, when the big update first appeared, it worked great, and it was such a relief to feel like the H3 BR was worth a damn again. Smaller update afterward, it's like I'm playing on P2P more often than not. My buddy on a sub-par connection, living out in the country, hardly notices anything, but almost every single game I'm using whole clips and getting smoked by players that my less skilled teammates are dominating over. Again, not tooting my own horn, I just understand what my skill level is, and this game isn't playing in a manner that proves that anymore. Any other FPS I play, my skill is roughly the same as it usually is, but it's different on MCC. It's so frustrating cause Halo was the first franchise I really got in to, been playing since the first year Halo CE was released. Now it feels like I'm constantly playing on a connection from 15 years ago, yet all the other FPSs are fine. Even Battlefield V in it's roughly Beta-like state plays amazing compared to MCC now.

After the first update, wasn't there something in patch notes about trying to patch a bug where players were still connecting to P2P? Am I misremembering, or did they not fully succeed in the correction? Has there been any mention by 343 of the bug persisting?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3