Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Hit registration is even worse.....

OP Trigger Happy M

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
It was always this way for me playing from the UK, since original H3 days. The days where I got a good connection were like godsends. Had some good connections last night and it was great. Like night and day. Playing team swat back in the day I remember this one game where a guy took over 10 head shots from me and my friends and he killed all of us. I've found when the connection is good, it's better than back then. When it's a good connection I have an amazing time. I'm trying to get my friends on board with LAN sessions haha.
Hit detection is dog doodoo right now. I've gotten sniper headshots with the reticle being a mile away from a person and I've also had 3 blood shots in a row
Zackeous wrote:
After the first update, wasn't there something in patch notes about trying to patch a bug where players were still connecting to P2P? Am I misremembering, or did they not fully succeed in the correction? Has there been any mention by 343 of the bug persisting?
As of recent updates, all matchmaking is run on dedicated servers. They have commented about aiming issues in the past, but no code has been changed that would affect any of those systems. If you can provide video clips or information that can help them track this down, posting that in the relevant feedback threads would be great
It's been an issue, bit I also have an issue with hitting enemies with ghosts in halo 2, recorded myself running into an enemy and doing nothing then hitting a teammate at normal speed and killing him, to me, Bumgie makes terrible PvP games, atleaat 343 knows how to balance weapons and teams, have actual Spartan movement and not some guy in bulky armor walking no faster than a legless guy using a walking cane to get around, have better spawning, and weapon placements
Yeah hit detection was alot better before the updates now its like playing on bad host
AshamanND wrote:
After the update both Halo 2 and 3 have horrific hit detection.... Even worse than before the update. Serious blood shot issues in both Halo 2 classic and Halo 3.

The aim is also extremely off for some reason now.

In addition, it seems this update killed casual play completely. You always seem to get matched against teams of 4 no matter if you search solo or with a group.

Not sure what they did but itdi be better if they'd revert the changes and bring back all the playlists we had before.

EDIT: Example
That clip doesn’t seem particularly egregious from a hit detection perspective.
I think it's the melee he's worried about.
That is correct. I think it's what is known as a "ghost melee".
I was melee crazy yesterday and a number of times, I know I hit them, yet they bounce away and shoot me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3