Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Hit Registration Terrible In H3

OP Aye CriMsOn

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
depends sometimes its good sometimes its horrible, shooting a afk player from about 10 metres away in halo 3 still took 7 shots with the br to take down while other games its just the nice 4 shot gun. its annoying that its so hit and miss
This! A thousand times this! I just did roughly the same thing in my first gaming session since Composer was released. Standing still, shooting an AFK player about 15-20 meters away, went through a whole clip, then got attacked by two others during the reload... died of course. For every 1 game of H3 BR actually working I play anywhere from 2-4 where it's like I'm shooting Nerf bullets. So inconsistent. I wish it was just one way or the other, so I at least knew what I was getting in to. Don't recall how many times I went to turn and reload to deal with others, cause I clearly should have killed an opponent, but instead the shots didn't register properly. It's a truly chaotic variable that all but ruins the flow of the game. This is coming from someone that also liked Halo 4, and stuff like Battlefield (chaos supreme). There's plenty of chaos in a game like BF, but the flow still works, you can adjust properly when the variables are at play.
ZacBum wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
just curious but what servers are you playing off of? If you're US EAST you could be getting connected to different regions and be suffering from a bad connection which would in turn be messing with the ability of the net code to perform as intended.
there are no active regions outside of the US, Australia connects to US West and Europe connects to US East, South America connects to either, you will always get American servers
where is this intel coming from? Sources?
a European, Australian streamers are always on na west on their streams, thats my source for Aus,and I match kids with mexican flag colours as their emblem with MEX as their thing above their name on the NA east games i get put into.
If i search before 4pm my time i wont get any ranked games, i can find social slayer but if i search mlg I just infinitely search.
As far as I’ve seen the only active region connection issues is EU connecting to USA East but it hasn’t delayed any queues just has a less than desirable connection.
i wake up at 6am , if i want to play any ranked mode during the day i have to wait 10 hours until 4pm to get a game, im pretty sure thats a delay

heres what some Australians have to say -
"I’m in Australia and I can’t play at all. Why 343 why. Someone help."
"Unbelievable what a joke ! I’m in Australia and I cannot find a f*****g game until like 6pm onwards. 343 needs to get fired... period"
"Region lock just killed this game for me, cant find a match in anything"
And when we do find a game it's below average. Halo games are extremely terrible for Australian players, I play from the West Coast of Australia and both H5 and MCC are horrible in terms of connectivity (and yes I have the best internet connection available for Australia) My entire Halo experience has been dealing with lag, hit registration, being killed in world record speed and not being able to damage my enemy after putting a whole mag into him, meleeing him, hitting him with a rocket launcher and running him over with a tank for him to turn around eat it all and kill me with a few shots (like out of a comedy skit). Halo has been more pure frustration and a lot of disappointment mixed with some great fun games (as it should be) but unfortunately this is too few and far between. Halo fails in this area badly and I'm not trying to be negative on 343 but instead pushing that this issue has massive consequences for Australian customers and I would like to see 343 step up and lead the way here instead of lagging behind (appropriate word right there lol). I would hate to think how many players have given up and walked away from this franchise because of it. There is plenty of evidence plastered throughout these forums, on the internet and even by our top youtubers. Anyway I think I've lost count of how many times I've uninstalled the game walked away, then later come back to see if things have changed only to be disappointed again, uninstall the game and walk away...
I mean it sucks, but what are you expecting 343 to do? create magic connections that are impossible to let you play flawlessly with the rest of the world? What are you expecting to change when you reinstall? This is basic communication knowledge, you are far away from other players, there's nothing to be done.
ZacBum wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
just curious but what servers are you playing off of? If you're US EAST you could be getting connected to different regions and be suffering from a bad connection which would in turn be messing with the ability of the net code to perform as intended.
there are no active regions outside of the US, Australia connects to US West and Europe connects to US East, South America connects to either, you will always get American servers
a European, Australian streamers are always on na west on their streams, thats my source for Aus,and I match kids with mexican flag colours as their emblem with MEX as their thing above their name on the NA east games i get put into.
If i search before 4pm my time i wont get any ranked games, i can find social slayer but if i search mlg I just infinitely search.
As far as I’ve seen the only active region connection issues is EU connecting to USA East but it hasn’t delayed any queues just has a less than desirable connection.
i wake up at 6am , if i want to play any ranked mode during the day i have to wait 10 hours until 4pm to get a game, im pretty sure thats a delay

"Unbelievable what a joke ! I’m in Australia and I cannot find a f*****g game until like 6pm onwards. 343 needs to get fired... period"
And when we do find a game it's below average. Halo games are extremely terrible for Australian players, I play from the West Coast of Australia and both H5 and MCC are horrible in terms of connectivity (and yes I have the best internet connection available for Australia) My entire Halo experience has been dealing with lag, hit registration, being killed in world record speed and not being able to damage my enemy after putting a whole mag into him, meleeing him, hitting him with a rocket launcher and running him over with a tank for him to turn around eat it all and kill me with a few shots (like out of a comedy skit). Halo has been more pure frustration and a lot of disappointment mixed with some great fun games (as it should be) but unfortunately this is too few and far between. Halo fails in this area badly and I'm not trying to be negative on 343 but instead pushing that this issue has massive consequences for Australian customers and I would like to see 343 step up and lead the way here instead of lagging behind (appropriate word right there lol). I would hate to think how many players have given up and walked away from this franchise because of it. There is plenty of evidence plastered throughout these forums, on the internet and even by our top youtubers. Anyway I think I've lost count of how many times I've uninstalled the game walked away, then later come back to see if things have changed only to be disappointed again, uninstall the game and walk away...
I mean it sucks, but what are you expecting 343 to do? create magic connections that are impossible to let you play flawlessly with the rest of the world? What are you expecting to change when you reinstall? This is basic communication knowledge, you are far away from other players, there's nothing to be done.
The Hope is that at some point 343 will and Microsoft will just build servers to host people in different regions instead of having them connect to NA servers, or at least have the option to connect to NA or their respective region instead of forcing them to try and connect to a host from across the world. If NA players like me had to connect to EU or Asia Servers we would be rioting in the streets.
I’ve been back on the Halo 3 grind for about a week now and I can’t get past the fact that I am losing BR battles consistently due to shots not even registering. It’s taking 7-8 shots to kill somebody, meanwhile they 4 shot me like they’re on LAN. It’s extremely frustrating and confusing. I always knew H3 had a problem with this before, but it seems to be highlighted now.

anyone else getting these issues?
I agree H3's detection is off to the point I don't play it. And that's my favorite Halo.
ZacBum wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:

I want 343i to look at how other game developers have done their online matchmaking, again Respawn with Titanfall and Titanfall 2 work superbly in this field with low population and I get fantastic low ping games. I don't want to play with the rest of the world, I want to play within my region only and have the ability to choose a server inside that region based on best ping and I disagree that nothing can be done. Yes I uninstall the game and come back as they are supposed to be working on this game and sorting out issues so I come back in 'hope' that maybe things are working better. I'll continue to hope that Halo in general improves for players in regions like me regardless, if no-one like me posted their concerns then nothing would be done to improve this franchise globally.
ZacBum wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:

The Hope is that at some point 343 will and Microsoft will just build servers to host people in different regions instead of having them connect to NA servers, or at least have the option to connect to NA or their respective region instead of forcing them to try and connect to a host from across the world. If NA players like me had to connect to EU or Asia Servers we would be rioting in the streets.
Thank you, someone that understands...
ZacBum wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:

But I mean how many players does australia even have? From the UK I've only ever come across a handful of other UK players. The US has most of the player population, australia not so much. You would never find a match.
ZacBum wrote:
ZacBum wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:

I want 343i to look at how other game developers have done their online matchmaking, again Respawn with Titanfall and Titanfall 2 work superbly in this field with low population and I get fantastic low ping games. I don't want to play with the rest of the world, I want to play within my region only and have the ability to choose a server inside that region based on best ping and I disagree that nothing can be done. Yes I uninstall the game and come back as they are supposed to be working on this game and sorting out issues so I come back in 'hope' that maybe things are working better. I'll continue to hope that Halo in general improves for players in regions like me regardless, if no-one like me posted their concerns then nothing would be done to improve this franchise globally.
But MCC population is ridiculously low. I sometimes can't find games even searching globally. Searching for only Australian players would never find games. You should try to find other Australians and play custom games. Of course I'd love to only play with other UK players, but the reality of it is there just aren't enough players. So I found a group of UK players to play custom games with and the connection is great.
ZacBum wrote:
ZacBum wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:

But MCC population is ridiculously low. I sometimes can't find games even searching globally. Searching for only Australian players would never find games. You should try to find other Australians and play custom games. Of course I'd love to only play with other UK players, but the reality of it is there just aren't enough players. So I found a group of UK players to play custom games with and the connection is great.
Which is weird considering they confirmed that over 50,000 different people played the Infection playlist. Solid numbers for a single playlist in a game that came out in 2014
Games not worth playing if there are this many high latency players. My fiber optic internet shows 28ms ping to south us. But that means nothing trying to track a teleporting European or Latin based player. Meanwhile when I get paired with Americans like myself I get games 20+ kills 5 deaths or better. When I check carnage report they have decent ranked levels. Next game with laggy Eu or south americans or Mexico located gamers and I'll go -3 or worse. Cannot aim low IQ players because they developed the ability to teleport with their high ping packet loss ridden connections.
I no longer will be playing this game and I was an active insider and purchased and played the game since launch.
Thank you high pingers for destroying something great. Because the game Does work when all the players have good connections. Iv been argued with and belittled by EU playwes for stressing this point. Looks like they will have to kill the game again before these points are accepted as valid.
Was a good run.
ZacBum wrote:
ZacBum wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:

Yes I understand what you are saying and I'm glad you have found a good group of fellow UK players and having great games, that's awesome. All the best mate.
ZacBum wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:

But I mean how many players does australia even have? From the UK I've only ever come across a handful of other UK players. The US has most of the player population, australia not so much. You would never find a match.
Dont region lock, give players the ability to choose what region they queue for. Say someone from Australia wants to play hardcore and whats low ping and fast connection, then they pick their local server, they want quick matchmaking and dont care to much about ping or connection type, then they queue for global connections like NA. Simple, give players the choice to get the connections they want and thus the gameplay experiences they want.
ZacBum wrote:
ZacBum wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:

Which is weird considering they confirmed that over 50,000 different people played the Infection playlist. Solid numbers for a single playlist in a game that came out in 2014
How many outside of the USA though is my point. If you're in the US it seems fine, anywhere outside the US and the population seems to be very low.
ZacBum wrote:
ZacBum wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:

How many outside of the USA though is my point. If you're in the US it seems fine, anywhere outside the US and the population seems to be very low.
Dont region lock, give players the ability to choose what region they queue for. Say someone from Australia wants to play hardcore and whats low ping and fast connection, then they pick their local server, they want quick matchmaking and dont care to much about ping or connection type, then they queue for global connections like NA. Simple, give players the choice to get the connections they want and thus the gameplay experiences they want.
I wish 343i treated its motherland of gamers better much like many south east asian countries. To ensure stability of their game they simply region lock essentially ensuring their games bugs and issues are not latency related.
https://steamlocked.com/list
Yea hit reg is terrible for me as well. I even have HUGE problems with the two shot beat down, It NEVER works. As for the hit reg it bothers me the most because it changes every game for me almost. I can't get used to leading my shots or anything because it changes game to game with how much I have to lead. I know this has been a problem even when the game was originally released and I still love to play it's just really frustrating to have no consistency.
Yea hit reg is terrible for me as well. I even have HUGE problems with the two shot beat down, It NEVER works. As for the hit reg it bothers me the most because it changes every game for me almost. I can't get used to leading my shots or anything because it changes game to game with how much I have to lead. I know this has been a problem even when the game was originally released and I still love to play it's just really frustrating to have no consistency.
The Melee detection does seem to be having some issues I've been trying to get enough capture of it to compile it and to make 343 more aware of the issue, but melee detection is different than standard hit detection since its hitscan not projectile.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2