Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

[Locked] How do i get a refund for mcc ?

OP A Large Dyl

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
You don't but here is a solution for you https://vimeo.com/116213583
If you bought it digitally, and your account is in good standing, then you can call up Xbox Support, and you can get a refund.
If the person says that you cannot, then just explain to them all the problems, and how it has been this long and the game is still not like it was advertised to be.

If that person says no, then call again.
IXI Sean wrote:
If you bought it digitally, and your account is in good standing, then you can call up Xbox Support, and you can get a refund.
If the person says that you cannot, then just explain to them all the problems, and how it has been this long and the game is still not like it was advertised to be.

If that person says no, then call again.
If you don't want to talk to anyone, just go to xbox support Chat:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
I used that website, chat with a support person (who was very nice, and wanted me to get the refund as much as I did.) for about 20 minutes and an emailed a picture of my game not working, (which was simply my gamer tag in a lobby with Searching... and no players found). Got a full refund for my digital copy of MCC... Full disclosure I purchased a used hard copy a week later. :/
You don't but here is a solution for you https://vimeo.com/116213583
Hahaha i like the solution ^ . Just i rather not throw my over priced broken halo game in the garbage . I know this may come as a surprise but this broken game was once worth 60$ ! Lol
Is it even possible to get a refund now even if you bought the game on launch date?
Over the past 2 months i have barely played mcc. It lacks everything i hoped to see in a future halo title. Team doubles / objective/ ACTUAL DEDICATED SERVERS ( anyone who thinks this game is dedicated has mental issues), Ranks, ... this list could easily carry on as the game speaks for itself .
Its awful and you should be ashamed to release this to your community. Especially when you release a beta that is more stable then what we all payed for

i should have not payed FULL price for a HALF -Yoinked!- game thats still f**ked up and don't tell me that these problems were " unexpected " . Liars .

343 feel free to tell me how refunds wont happen an that you're working on it .
If you bought the game on disc (Like I did) then you can sell it on ebay or trade it in to Gamestop. If you bought the digital copy then silly you, because you cant get any money back from that. Or at least it is MUCH more difficult to get a refund from a digital copy.
Over the past 2 months i have barely played mcc. It lacks everything i hoped to see in a future halo title. Team doubles / objective/ ACTUAL DEDICATED SERVERS ( anyone who thinks this game is dedicated has mental issues), Ranks, ... this list could easily carry on as the game speaks for itself .
Its awful and you should be ashamed to release this to your community. Especially when you release a beta that is more stable then what we all payed for

i should have not payed FULL price for a HALF -Yoinked!- game thats still f**ked up and don't tell me that these problems were " unexpected " . Liars .

343 feel free to tell me how refunds wont happen an that you're working on it .

If you bought the game on disc (Like I did) then you can sell it on ebay or trade it in to Gamestop. If you bought the digital copy then silly you, because you cant get any money back from that. Or at least it is MUCH more difficult to get a refund from a digital copy.
You are not educated with digital copies or Microsoft's policy. Digital is easier to get refunded. The problem is morons calling being jerks, or being idiots on live chat.
Microsoft Will refund you, AND may let you keep the license, they did me. So you have no idea what you are murmuring.
So in other words, being a starfish gets you nothing. Use some intelligence whilst speaking and treat them as a human, not a lowly dog and you can get your money AND keep the game.
Is it even possible to get a refund now even if you bought the game on launch date?
If you bought it digital it is. You get the right chat guy and I'm told they don't fight you too hard on the refund. They know the game is a lemon with no fix in sight right now.

I'm going to wait for the big post beta patch and If that doesn't work I'll get a refund.
You CAN get a refund on a digital copy. I bought MCC predownload and got a refund last Saturday. It took 5 minutes via chat support. If you get a cranky CSR then close the window and try again.
I wish I could get a refund for my Xbox One... MCC is the only reason I even purchased the console.
You CAN get a refund on a digital copy. I bought MCC predownload and got a refund last Saturday. It took 5 minutes via chat support. If you get a cranky CSR then close the window and try again.
If I manage to get a refund does the copy of the game stay on the hard drive or is it removed by M$?
^ They take the copy away.

I'm at the point where I want to get a refund, too... just because I don't want to let 343 win in terms of ripping me off and taking advantage of my loyalty to Halo.
The game will remain, but the license to play it generally gets removed from your profile. You would have to re -purchase it to play it again