Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] How do I see the cutscenes with Locke?

OP BluAoi

I've beaten Halo 2: Anniversary and I've yet to see the cutscenes that have Locke and the Arbiter in them, where do I watch them at in-game?
I think they might be in the halo channel not sure though.
BluAoi wrote:
I've beaten Halo 2: Anniversary and I've yet to see the cutscenes that have Locke and the Arbiter in them, where do I watch them at in-game?
If memory serves me right I believe it's at the very beginning of H2A before the original intro.
BluAoi wrote:
If memory serves me right I believe it's at the very beginning of H2A before the original intro.
There's another at the end but you can only see it on the Halo Channel.
Start a new h2a game.
I Believe IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY IT WAS ONE OF THE FIRST CUTSENSS I SAW
ACTUALLY I THINK YOUR RIGHT MrMartini85 now that I read that statement?????????????????????
Do you have to play on legendary?
ACTUALLY I THINK YOUR RIGHT MrMartini85 now that I read that statement?????????????????????
You sure?
Probably late to the party with this but my theory is that they’re being swepped under the carpet like the original marketing material has been, on account of the fact that they’re misleading in the way they suggest a different angle for Halo 5’s story. Locke is made to seem hard and unrelenting in chasing down the Chief. None of that happens in 5. The exchange between him and Arbiter in those cutscenes you mentioned is quite tense - in 5 they have nothing but respect for each other. So yeah, I think it’s 343 probably trying to cover their tracks seeing as they bottled telling the story in 5 that they initially set out to in favour of a watered-down Locke character.
BluAoi wrote:
Hmm... I've had them perfectly fine. Are you playing with the Remastered graphics enabled?

Do you have to play on legendary?
Negative, I've had these cutscenes just fine and I'm playing MCC on the Xbox One, on Normal difficulty, no skulls or anything activated. Just started a new game on Normal, and right away got one of them.

Probably late to the party with this but my theory is that they’re being swepped under the carpet like the original marketing material has been, on account of the fact that they’re misleading in the way they suggest a different angle for Halo 5’s story. Locke is made to seem hard and unrelenting in chasing down the Chief. None of that happens in 5. The exchange between him and Arbiter in those cutscenes you mentioned is quite tense - in 5 they have nothing but respect for each other. So yeah, I think it’s 343 probably trying to cover their tracks seeing as they bottled telling the story in 5 that they initially set out to in favour of a watered-down Locke character.
Wat? He is unrelenting, have you seen or read any of the other content that has come out? He's pretty dedicated to getting to the Chief, originally to take him out, and his perception changes as he hunts Chief and finds that the Chief might not be as unstable as everyone else thought.
Right now, it only exists on the Halo Channel. I believe the cutscene should be added to the end of the game, because it doesn't make sense to have it missing.
He is a proper hard -Yoink- in that first cut scene and you don’t so much as get a glimpse of that sharp edge in the game. Also cast your mind back to the original ad campaign where the Chief is on the floor wounded and he gives the “all hail the conquering hero” speech. Not the same guy. I stand by my theory that they had different plans for Locke’s character originally then u-turned at the last minute, likely so players who love the chief wouldn’t hate him/playing as him.
Please don't revive old topics thanks