Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

How do you deal with cheaters?

OP MorseyBaby

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So after a really frustrating day, I sat down to enjoy some Halo...
It was not relaxing in the slightest- first spawn camping griefers, then cheaters.

I found myself only not firing my controller through my TV screen because of my cat sitting under the TV. That's not who I am... but it's what an hour of playing in lobbies full of people whose one aim is just to ruin the experience for others.

I'm sick and tired of it, Halo is my release from real world yoink. These cheats and griefers have no place in this community I don't know how much more disappointment like this I can take. Days like today playing Halo isn't a release, it's just infurating and it's actually bad for my mental health. I know there are plenty of others out there who feel the same way.

So how do you all do it? How do you cope with it when you find these people who just want to watch the world burn? How do you stop them getting under your skin?
Hit the home button followed by x for "record that"... Then submit a report ticket on the support site for suspected cheating. I have yet to see any cheaters in MCC but if I did I would just play another playlist for a game or two in order to not match with them again. From what it seems the cheaters seem to stick to H3.
LethalQ wrote:
Hit the home button followed by x for "record that"... Then submit a report ticket on the support site for suspected cheating. I have yet to see any cheaters in MCC but if I did I would just play another playlist for a game or two in order to not match with them again. From what it seems the cheaters seem to stick to H3.
Nah Reach is where I keep running into them now.

Yeah I report every single cheat I come across which is not becoming increasingly common unfortunately. Took me 30 minutes to fill in the forms for all of them while I waited for my clips to upload.

So my 90 minutes I had for playing has been slashed by me trying to be a good citizen. I'm now in a stinking mood, but can't play anymore because MCC is booting me out of every queue I join two seconds later.

My evening's going great. Evenings like this are why my fiancee has the opinion gaming is bad for me when it simply isn't.

We just need to take our community back from these cheats
Well last night playing Reach btb I rage quit. 1st match was a player jetpacking around at a crazy speed with an aimbot. It was literally like trying to fight superman lol. 2md match same guy had an indefinite armor lock. Like just sat in a corner locked forever. I just quit. I'll take the quit ban and go play something else. That how I plan to deal with it.
Well last night playing Reach btb I rage quit. 1st match was a player jetpacking around at a crazy speed with an aimbot. It was literally like trying to fight superman lol. 2md match same guy had an indefinite armor lock. Like just sat in a corner locked forever. I just quit. I'll take the quit ban and go play something else. That how I plan to deal with it.
Fair, but in reality.... that's really not how it should be.

Did you clip and report them?
MorseyBaby wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Nah Reach is where I keep running into them now.

Yeah I report every single cheat I come across which is not becoming increasingly common unfortunately. Took me 30 minutes to fill in the forms for all of them while I waited for my clips to upload.

So my 90 minutes I had for playing has been slashed by me trying to be a good citizen. I'm now in a stinking mood, but can't play anymore because MCC is booting me out of every queue I join two seconds later.

My evening's going great. Evenings like this are why my fiancee has the opinion gaming is bad for me when it simply isn't.

We just need to take our community back from these cheats
Well cheating is usually from PC, not that it isn't impossible to cheat from console, just easier and more likely from PC... You can turn off matching PC players in your settings if you want too. That is what I plan on doing when and if the cheating gets out of hand but I doubt it will come to that for me. Also they say they are working on an in game reporting system so hopefully that will be more effective but odds are against it since reporting systems seem to have little to no effect now.
MorseyBaby wrote:
It was not relaxing in the slightest- first spawn camping griefers, then cheaters.

I found myself only not firing my controller through my TV screen because of my cat sitting under the TV. That's not who I am... but it's what an hour of playing in lobbies full of people whose one aim is just to ruin the experience for others.

I'm sick and tired of it, Halo is my release from real world yoink. These cheats and griefers have no place in this community I don't know how much more disappointment like this I can take. Days like today playing Halo isn't a release, it's just infurating and it's actually bad for my mental health. I know there are plenty of others out there who feel the same way.

So how do you all do it? How do you cope with it when you find these people who just want to watch the world burn? How do you stop them getting under your skin?
On my Halo Custom Game Server I don't cope...I BAN!
MorseyBaby wrote:

No. It's easier to just move on. I'd think he was reported though because one of the matches is on youtube already. Honestly my response here was very aggressive and I apologize for it. It's just frustrating and in the back of my mind I'm worried that Infinite will be full of hackers like most free to play games. I love MCC, particularly Reach btb and I hate to see it ruined by hackers.
MorseyBaby wrote:

No. It's easier to just move on. I'd think he was reported though because one of the matches is on youtube already. Honestly my response here was very aggressive and I apologize for it. It's just frustrating and in the back of my mind I'm worried that Infinite will be full of hackers like most free to play games. I love MCC, particularly Reach btb and I hate to see it ruined by hackers.
Yes there will be way more cheaters in Infinite since it's free to play players won't and don't care when they get caught. Hopefully they can way better anti cheat detection but time will tell. My only hope is since Halo is a niche game now that most of the players who like to cheat will stick to the more popular games.
Do something else entirely. No game is worth losing your peace of mind over.
I haven't encountered any cheaters on console, because I don't allow crossplay with PC which is where all the cheaters seem to be. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to allow it but that's beside the point. Also my search times have been great for anyone ready to jump in with that. I haven't seen one cheater (that I'm aware of anyhow) on console. Your first mistake was probably thinking that you would use some Halo gaming as a way to relax with the way it is these days (more than just cheaters). Then it just got worse when you found cheater #1.
Aaaaaaaand yet another reason why I quit Social Games. And Yes, Cheaters do exist, although I guess I only have run into very few that apparently were cheating by using aim bots, according to some players. However, I have seen videos of cheaters where people are zooming across playing Whack a mole with the enemy team in both Reach and 3, or they are like a F-22 Raptor using afterburners in Halo CE. Yeah, it's annoying, and could be prevented if a Human Host was to exist in the said match.
MorseyBaby wrote:

I don't, I refuse to play the game with people who cheat in this game, whether enemy or on my team. I'm extremely prideful.
Report mostly....It doesn't do much tbh
I can't even report on the pc version. Now if you did have a clip of someone cheating, where would you submit it? Considering I don't use xbox capture but instead NVIDIA . The flying elites are getting pretty old it's lost it's comedic value when you run into one of them.
I can't even report on the pc version. Now if you did have a clip of someone cheating, where would you submit it? Considering I don't use xbox capture but instead NVIDIA . The flying elites are getting pretty old it's lost it's comedic value when you run into one of them.
Here's where you report: https://support.halowaypoint.com/You can just upload files so how you capture shouldn't matter. Always report cheaters (I also report unsporting behaviour too - the Enforcement team must love me).

I haven't encountered any cheaters on console, because I don't allow crossplay with PC which is where all the cheaters seem to be. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to allow it but that's beside the point. Also my search times have been great for anyone ready to jump in with that. I haven't seen one cheater (that I'm aware of anyhow) on console. Your first mistake was probably thinking that you would use some Halo gaming as a way to relax with the way it is these days (more than just cheaters). Then it just got worse when you found cheater #1.
Yeah sadly I think PBMM may be my only way forwards. It sucks because the PC community has some great people, but it is indeed where all the cheaters and indeed idlers in FF are.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I think I was just having a really dark night and because matchmaking went down while I was filing the reports I never got the chance to exorcise those demons with another game
They'll be better nights.
Now for cheaters
I try to betray them if their on my team.
Quit if their on the other team.
That simple
MorseyBaby wrote:

I don’t talk or listen to anyone. I have my communications off for all my online gaming experiences. As of lately I’ve been playing a lot of PvE throughout many games. Like you said when it comes to online I just want to play not get played! So I guess that’s why they say “some experiences may change during online”.
I don’t think I’ve dealt with cheaters in MCC. The worst thing I’ve seen is in infection where somebody will hide outside the map and I look in theater and learn something new…
You can’t let people get to you, easier said then done. Just remember when you turn the Xbox on that when you converse or play with online players that we are all living beings, and as an individual you have the power to form your own gaming experiences. With that said the only things that bother you come from within. I would say treat others the way you want to be treated and don’t associate with any one or players that annoy you because that’ll just ruin your online experience more.
People can only help themselves on these matters so even though you asked how do I deal with the chaos, it’s up to you in how you want to go about. But it never hurts to ask for help. I hope you find a solution to your issue. May the force be with you! Wait this is halo… “Deal with it.” Avery Johnson
MorseyBaby wrote:

Well if someone cheats i know they are trash at the game, so doesn't bother me lol, cause if i faced them with no hacks they would get destroyed, if i encounter a hacker i just hide.
Just got my first match with cheaters.... Two guys who were armor locking in Reach for half the match and after that just went flying around with ghosts....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2