Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

How do you deal with cheaters?

OP MorseyBaby

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hopefully 343 is looking into it, which odds are they are, but may take awhile to ban them or whatever. At least you can turn off matching PC players if it gets out of hand. From what I have read that is what some console gamers are doing in games that offer cross platform multiplayer.
MorseyBaby wrote:
So after a really frustrating day, I sat down to enjoy some Halo...
It was not relaxing in the slightest- first spawn camping griefers, then cheaters.

I found myself only not firing my controller through my TV screen because of my cat sitting under the TV. That's not who I am... but it's what an hour of playing in lobbies full of people whose one aim is just to ruin the experience for others.

I'm sick and tired of it, Halo is my release from real world yoink. These cheats and griefers have no place in this community I don't know how much more disappointment like this I can take. Days like today playing Halo isn't a release, it's just infurating and it's actually bad for my mental health. I know there are plenty of others out there who feel the same way.

So how do you all do it? How do you cope with it when you find these people who just want to watch the world burn? How do you stop them getting under your skin?
Well if someone cheats i know they are trash at the game, so doesn't bother me lol, cause if i faced them with no hacks they would get destroyed, if i encounter a hacker i just hide.
Yeah... Hiding in retrospect would have been a really good idea. Then it becomes an infection style game of hide and seek
I had a run in with one of the cheaters as well and I did what I was supposed to do and send in a support ticket to report them.
If I see one of these cheaters end up on my team I am planning to try getting in their way so they betray me and I can kick them out of the match. The cheater I had an encounter behaved in a way to ruin the experience for everyone, including their own team.
Had a few games with the same pair of hackers over the last couple weeks in Invasion games.
Can't really do much to 'deal with them' beyond just refusing to play. Not too sure how they can possibly find enjoyment in it, but hey, no skin off my back to just stand there and waste their time, even if I'm the only one left on the team in the game.
I just tab out and come here to report them in the meantime.

It's kind of amusing watching them teabag by corpse after killing me for the 20th time when I've done nothing but stand in the same place I've spawned repeatedly. What a proud and ultra fun moment it must be for them.
I've come across maybe one or two cheaters on MCC. Most seem to be on Halo 5. That's where I've personally experienced the real problems.
i have played over 280 hrs on mcc on pc and have not seen any hackers yet, at this point i thought the anti-cheat was perfect.

all you can do is report them.
The ability to change the setting for cross play has been broken for awhile now. I can’t change it in my game settings anymore.
Kripcision wrote:
i have played over 280 hrs on mcc on pc and have not seen any hackers yet, at this point i thought the anti-cheat was perfect.

all you can do is report them.
Depends on what halo you are playing i guess? It seems by far most cheaters are on Reach. I also didn't see any cheater untill that match yesterday where i saw 2 in the same match (on Reach). I also mostly play on CE and H4, so that could be a factor as well.
There is not much you can do really. Quit or put up with it. I would imagine eventually they get banned…
I guess I'm the odd man out. I have played Halo for many years, and when I witness something different, I'm not offended, I'm just curious. If I run into a hacker, I just try to witness, and maybe mess with what they are doing. I still have fond memories of modded games for Halo 2, on the original Xbox.
I miss the old method where I could just go to a player's gamercard report them for cheating through the console, then flag and avoid matching with them. Now it's just too much work to report someone.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2