Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

How do you steal a Wraith in competitive mode?

OP StreetSixActual

So, another player plasma-shot the Wraith I was in after surviving a near hit from the Wraith plasma cannon. He didn't even board the Wraith or jump onto it. He shot again with a plasma pistol. I died while inside the Wraith. And then he boarded a perfectly good Wraith.

How does one do that?

Map was Breakpoint.
I am going to guess that the Plasma Pistol didn't do a lot of damage to the Wraith but it did to you. That way he could board it without having damaged it by much. I may be wrong on that but that's the only way I think he could do it.
You must have been close enough to dying from the near miss that the plasma pistol did you in. Spartans can take damage inside vehicles as well.
No. I wasn't close to dying. I had just respawned, grabbed The Wraith while he was waiting. Plasma pistoled me. Did it again. I died.

Apparently, the plasma cannon blast which landed next to him wasn't enough to kill him.
LethalQ wrote:
You must have been close enough to dying from the near miss that the plasma pistol did you in. Spartans can take damage inside vehicles as well.
No. I wasn't close to dying. I had just respawned, grabbed The Wraith while he was waiting. Plasma pistoled me. Did it again. I died.

Apparently, the plasma cannon blast which landed next to him wasn't enough to kill him.
LethalQ wrote:
Next take a quick video so we can see it.
Breakpoint is Halo 2? Correct me if i'm wrong. Otherwise, my post will seem like nonsense.

In Halo 2, vehicles are not affected by a Charged Plasma Pistol's EMP like Halo 4 & Reach. If i'm not mistaken, the charged shot takes out the driver's shield and the player can board, remove the driver hatch cover and just attack the driver without killing the wraith.
LethalQ wrote:

LethalQ wrote:
Sure, sure. I'll just run my overlay all the time until it happens again or do a little time travel /sarcasm. What I'm really wondering is if there were a way to shoot a driver in a vehicle (such as a Wraith) on Halo: Reach Invasion. I've been playing Halo since the early days and I've never seen anything like that. I was wondering if it possible to target the driver. As for the plasma cannon on the Wraith landing next to the other player? I'll chalk that up to a little lag. It happens. Not a big deal.

What did happen? Stunned the Wraith. Shot me again. I died. And the other player did get into a perfectly good Wraith. I've never had to post anything about Halo before. Howeiver, I was so surprised that I am inquiring.

So, do you have an answer? Or not?
LethalQ wrote:

LethalQ wrote:
Sure, sure. I'll just run my overlay all the time until it happens again or do a little time travel /sarcasm. What I'm really wondering is if there were a way to shoot a driver in a vehicle (such as a Wraith) on Halo: Reach Invasion. I've been playing Halo since the early days and I've never seen anything like that. I was wondering if it possible to target the driver. As for the plasma cannon on the Wraith landing next to the other player? I'll chalk that up to a little lag. It happens. Not a big deal.

What did happen? Stunned the Wraith. Shot me again. I died. And the other player did get into a perfectly good Wraith. I've never had to post anything about Halo before. Howeiver, I was so surprised that I am inquiring.

All you have to do is tap the home button and hit x and it records the last thirty seconds so then we can see exactly what happened.
LethalQ wrote:

LethalQ wrote:

If it's on Breakpoint, you should be able to have a clip of the match in theatre mode.