Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

How long will MCC be updated for?

OP JeffMacNab24

Hello, not sure if this has been asked but I have been loving the support for MCC lately and all the new additions and I have 1 question, how long will this be going on for? I mean personally I want it forever but has 343 stated if they will ever stop the updates? In other words, will the game continue to have new things added in the future years? Or stop say when Infinite is released?
I would think they would stop around Infinite's release but I could be wrong.
I doubt you'll get a straight answer on this at the moment. I guess as long as MCC needs fixes there'll be updates for years to come. With the PC addition and the possibility of mod support there'll be plenty of updates.

When Infinite comes out I could see this gradually slowing down while Infinite is updated.
MCC and Infinite are two different teams so MCC will likely only get shut down if the highers up need more people for Infinite which I doubt will happen or they don't think it's worth updating the game anymore. If that's the case, then MCC will likely just move to a sustain team like H5 where only the playlists get updated.
I imagine they will stop shortly after all the games have been ported to PC. Maybe a bit longer if there are still game breaking bugs.
I suspect MCC is getting the development it's currently getting so Microsoft can push Infinite, so I'd imagine they'll slow down the support a little after Infinite releases. I hope I'm proven wrong though.
Brandabs wrote:
I suspect MCC is getting the development it's currently getting so Microsoft can push Infinite, so I'd imagine they'll slow down the support a little after Infinite releases. I hope I'm proven wrong though.
Yeah I'm with you , but I suppose if it's working well at that time it's not a massive drain on resources to keep up with updates and fixes .
343i isn't showing any signs of slowing down!
I could imagine once the MCC team has delivered all that they wished for, they'll step back and let the game continue. Obviously it will still get patches and fixes, however content updates will cease at some point. For now, there is still a few items on our beloved wish list that they can look at.
I am hoping before infinite gets released at a bare minimum we get ODST firefight mode (with matchmaking support with Reach firefight) and Halo 3/4 armor customization along with more updates to the other menus like the career menus.
I assume that mcc will get various tweaks and updates up until the release of infinite.