Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

How not to get host?(Halo CE)

OP Redregz

I've recently run into the problem of getting my pistol zooming every freakin' match. Is there a way not to get host as often? It gets seriously old repeatedly vs good players. Any help would be appreciated. Why is it that the auto aim sucks when host so bad also? Ive noticed on average if the other team is host 2v2, ive beat them 50 to 25, then I or teamate get host and we get beat 50-40. These numbers arent right. Host clearly is a huge disadvantage.

Are there going to be dedicated servers in the update?
I don't think it's a host advantage issue. I play CE, on MCC, almost religiously and its never a host thing. Trust me, if it was a host advantage, it'd be much more obvious than something as simple as score. It's just a difference in skill level, that's all
I have never heard of having host being a disadvantage, except in the rare case that someone throws a grenade under you in Halo 2 or 3 and it sends you up so high you can't aim at the enemy. Are you aware of what being "host" is?
I don't think it's a host advantage issue. I play CE, on MCC, almost religiously and its never a host thing. Trust me, if it was a host advantage, it'd be much more obvious than something as simple as score. It's just a difference in skill level, that's all
For one I'm arguing host is a disadvantage for me. How could it be skill level, when the scores I'm posting are from actual games and teams not changing, only the host is changing? Ive won 50-25 when other team had host, and then lost 50-40 when I or my teamate has host. This is a repeated thing. Not a once in awhile problem. Idk if its my internet or what, but when I host(pistol makes a zoom sound) it is literally 10x harder for me to shots.
How do you have your game console connected to the internet?
What model and Mfr ISP modem and external router do you have?
Is the console LAN cable wired or wireless connected to the router?
What speeds is your ISP UP and Down?
Do you have any QoS features enabled on the main host router?

Many things could effect game play and performances. In most cases, having host is the advantage.
Also LAG can be an issue as well.
Detailed network test:
Dl speed: 68.65mbps
Ul speed: 11.58Mbps
Packet loss: 0%
Latency 64 ms
Wireless strength: 79%

I have only heard the pistol zooming is host, I don't know how to confirm, but I can confirm my pistol accuracy and sniping is much more difficult when my pistol makes a zooming sound. 75% of my games I have this. I used to get pistol zooming sound 90% of the time when I was wired. This is straight from my modem.
Redregz wrote:
For one I'm arguing host is a disadvantage for me. How could it be skill level, when the scores I'm posting are from actual games and teams not changing, only the host is changing? Ive won 50-25 when other team had host, and then lost 50-40 when I or my teamate has host. This is a repeated thing. Not a once in awhile problem. Idk if its my internet or what, but when I host(pistol makes a zoom sound) it is literally 10x harder for me to shots.
I think you're looking too much into things. There is no host advantage or disadvantage. You win some games, you lose some games. It happens to everyone