Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

[Locked] How not to get host?(Halo CE)

OP Redregz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've recently run into the problem of getting my pistol zooming every freakin' match. Is there a way not to get host as often? It gets seriously old repeatedly vs good players. Any help would be appreciated. Why is it that the auto aim sucks when host so bad also? Ive noticed on average if the other team is host 2v2, ive beat them 50 to 25, then I or teamate get host and we get beat 50-40. These numbers arent right. Host clearly is a huge disadvantage.

Are there going to be dedicated servers in the update?
I don't think it's a host advantage issue. I play CE, on MCC, almost religiously and its never a host thing. Trust me, if it was a host advantage, it'd be much more obvious than something as simple as score. It's just a difference in skill level, that's all
I have never heard of having host being a disadvantage, except in the rare case that someone throws a grenade under you in Halo 2 or 3 and it sends you up so high you can't aim at the enemy. Are you aware of what being "host" is?
I don't think it's a host advantage issue. I play CE, on MCC, almost religiously and its never a host thing. Trust me, if it was a host advantage, it'd be much more obvious than something as simple as score. It's just a difference in skill level, that's all
For one I'm arguing host is a disadvantage for me. How could it be skill level, when the scores I'm posting are from actual games and teams not changing, only the host is changing? Ive won 50-25 when other team had host, and then lost 50-40 when I or my teamate has host. This is a repeated thing. Not a once in awhile problem. Idk if its my internet or what, but when I host(pistol makes a zoom sound) it is literally 10x harder for me to shots.
How do you have your game console connected to the internet?
What model and Mfr ISP modem and external router do you have?
Is the console LAN cable wired or wireless connected to the router?
What speeds is your ISP UP and Down?
Do you have any QoS features enabled on the main host router?

Many things could effect game play and performances. In most cases, having host is the advantage.
Also LAG can be an issue as well.
Detailed network test:
Dl speed: 68.65mbps
Ul speed: 11.58Mbps
Packet loss: 0%
Latency 64 ms
Wireless strength: 79%

I have only heard the pistol zooming is host, I don't know how to confirm, but I can confirm my pistol accuracy and sniping is much more difficult when my pistol makes a zooming sound. 75% of my games I have this. I used to get pistol zooming sound 90% of the time when I was wired. This is straight from my modem.
Redregz wrote:
For one I'm arguing host is a disadvantage for me. How could it be skill level, when the scores I'm posting are from actual games and teams not changing, only the host is changing? Ive won 50-25 when other team had host, and then lost 50-40 when I or my teamate has host. This is a repeated thing. Not a once in awhile problem. Idk if its my internet or what, but when I host(pistol makes a zoom sound) it is literally 10x harder for me to shots.
I think you're looking too much into things. There is no host advantage or disadvantage. You win some games, you lose some games. It happens to everyone
Redregz wrote:
I think you're looking too much into things. There is no host advantage or disadvantage. You win some games, you lose some games. It happens to everyone
Um, there is. You're wrong. It's been proven.
Redregz wrote:
LOL! Proven? Show me
Redregz... I’ve heard your complaint from many people. I’m not sure what the issue is with this but I am the complete opposite. Actually I never even pay attention to when I hear the zoom or not, but when I have noticed it I felt my shots were better. I think like someone else said this is just in your head. I have never noticed any host advantage/disadvantage playing CE.
I have been playing h1 since it released in 2001. There is in fact a host disadvantage. If anyone is denying, play me 1v1 on a map like wizard alternating hosts. See for yourself.
I have been playing h1 since it released in 2001. There is in fact a host disadvantage. If anyone is denying, play me 1v1 on a map like wizard alternating hosts. See for yourself.
In regards to this.... There is no host disadvantage in the multiplayer portion of MCC (CE) but there is a definite host disadvantage when hosting a custom match. And only very rarely would you get a “custom host” while playing multiplayer.
Here to confirm that host is at a disadvantage for CE multiplayer. I'm host 99.9% of the time and it's a night & day difference. (Maybe because I play so many Colombians?) Dedicated servers can't get here soon enough.
I second Chip, it has absolutely been confirmed that having host is a disadvantage due to auto aim being decreased for he host and increased for everyone else, in an attempt to “even out” the host advantage. I’m happy that they attempted to help, but they overshot by MILES! What they did was straight overkill and now host disadvantage is more of a problem then host advantage ever was.
Redregz wrote:
LOL! Proven? Show me
It's common knowledge that there is a host disadvantage. I thought they were fixing this game? As of right now, I get matched up against people that aren't from the US every other game. Despite having host disadvantage more often than not, I find myself destroying their hopes and dreams and making them rage quit even though it takes me 10 head shots to kill them while I just picked up OS. Why isn't Microsoft contacting Hardy Lebel by now and paying him whatever he wants to fix this game?
Who is Hardy Lebel?
OS Wargod wrote:
Redregz wrote:
LOL! Proven? Show me
It's common knowledge that there is a host disadvantage. I thought they were fixing this game? As of right now, I get matched up against people that aren't from the US every other game. Despite having host disadvantage more often than not, I find myself destroying their hopes and dreams and making them rage quit even though it takes me 10 head shots to kill them while I just picked up OS. Why isn't Microsoft contacting Hardy Lebel by now and paying him whatever he wants to fix this game?
That's not proof, that's just your take on it
OS Wargod wrote:
Redregz wrote:
LOL! Proven? Show me
Common knowledge is not just "his take". Do you not know how to read?
OS Wargod wrote:
Redregz wrote:
LOL! Proven? Show me
Common knowledge is not just "his take". Do you not know how to read?
Every is entitled to an opinion. I don't believe there's a "host advantage" in this day and age. There hasn't been in nearly a decade. And yes, I do know how to read. You don't need to be rude
Most of the CE nerds who are playing nearly every day have come to the conclusion there is a host disadvantage (among other flaws in the networking). So first off, ignore anyone who says this doesn't exist, they almost certainly don't play CE religiously or are not as familiar with CE to notice the difference.

I would like to hear if anyone has an actual answer for the OP's question though regardless of your experiences. Is there a way to not get host as often? Maybe tighten your NAT or run through a bridge or firewall?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2