Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

How Old Should you be to Play MCC?

OP King slayer7553

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
How old do you thing you should be to play MCC.
As soon as you can hold a controller.
Campaign? Yeah, as soon as you can hold a controller.

Online... age is irrelevant, just mature enough to be a good sport. I've played with children who were just fine, and grown men who rage because they lose one game. Also old enough to endure the fact that some people will just be plain vulgar in chat.
As others have said as soon as you can hold a controller.
Being a parent myself, I would probably let my child start playing around 11 or 12 years old. But I would definitely take my child’s maturity level into consideration. I personally started playing first person shooters in 1992 when Wolfenstein 3-D came out and I was only seven years old at the time.
I started when I was 10.
omarlotrc wrote:
I started when I was 10.
So you're 14 now?
id say like 7 or 8, halo isnt really that vulgar or gory. A small child using the mic is another story
I think the classic Halo games didn't quite warrant their M rating, so I'd say most 10 year olds wouldn't have any issues playing the MCC.
omarlotrc wrote:
I started when I was 10.
So you're 14 now?
Lmao.

I meant I started playing Halo when I was 10. My bad.
Legitsky wrote:
I think the classic Halo games didn't quite warrant their M rating, so I'd say most 10 year olds wouldn't have any issues playing the MCC.
I'm kinda in the middle with this. I think the rating was fair and true according to the ESRB's standards, but it wasn't necessarily what we as gamers/consumers would normally think of as an M-rated game since it wasn't as crazy as something like Doom, for example.
What kind of question is that???
No one seems to be mentioning the Flood, which are probably the most terrifying element from the first three games. Be there with your kid when they first discover the Flood in CE during the iconic reveal. If that freaks them out and negatively affects them, maybe they're not ready yet.
A genuine question.
omarlotrc wrote:
A genuine question.
I see...
No one seems to be mentioning the Flood, which are probably the most terrifying element from the first three games. Be there with your kid when they first discover the Flood in CE during the iconic reveal. If that freaks them out and negatively affects them, maybe they're not ready yet.
I don't think the Flood are that scary.
Campaign I would say any age really. While the older games are "MA" Halo is really tame and if they were released today odds are they would get a teen rating really. As far as online goes if I were a parent I would make sure they were somewhat capable of being able to play and I most definitely would mute all and block all messages so be sure they wouldn't hear or see the BS most players resort too. .. which yes even i am or was guilty of back in my drinking and haloing days.
ive been playing video games at home ever since the Atari 2600 came out. i'm 47 btw and don't plan on stopping anytime soon either.
I started playing Halo back in 2006 when I was 10.
omarlotrc wrote:
I don't think the Flood are that scary.
Given how active you are on the forums, I'm surprised you haven't seen the conversations about people discussing their earliest Halo memories, and how terrified the were of the Flood. I've seen comments of people saying those levels in CE gave them nightmares, or that they just replayed the first several levels, or (in my case) had someone beat the Flood levels for them. It's not about what you, a longtime Halo veteran presumably past high school age, think of the Flood now, it's about what a young kid might think.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2