Skip to main content
I'm guessing it's brought up fairly often but I feel that I must ask anyway. Hows the population in MCC?

I'm thinking about getting an Xbox One bundle and the MCC bundle seems to be the hottest deal right now. However, I constantly hear negative things about the MCC and the fact that "nobody plays anymore" or "nobody like it because *insert reason here*". Is it worth my time and money to get the Xbox that is bundled with the MCC for online play or should I get a different game for my money?
SilkyNoah wrote:
I'm guessing it's brought up fairly often but I feel that I must ask anyway. Hows the population in MCC?

I'm thinking about getting an Xbox One bundle and the MCC bundle seems to be the hottest deal right now. However, I constantly hear negative things about the MCC and the fact that "nobody plays anymore" or "nobody like it because *insert reason here*". Is it worth my time and money to get the Xbox that is bundled with the MCC for online play or should I get a different game for my money?
I have no issues finding matches in any playlist except maybe big team, and even then its just slow. I find matches in 30 secs to 1 min in any playlist and 2-3 mins in big team. Some report much slower times but thats my experience.
No problems finding matches.
Matter of fact i havent had any issues with MCC for a while now!
It's bad, very bad.

You might play the same people quite a few times in a single session.
its the 9th to 10th most played game on xbox, i wouldn't worry too much. personally, wait times are good for me, even if halo reach's are faster.
The population is low because of the host of game breaking issues the game had after launch. It works pretty well now. If you are a halo fan, i'd pick it up. It's still really fun.
It's very fun when it works properly. Sometimes it chooses not to work properly, however.
SpiffyNoob wrote:
its the 9th to 10th most played game on xbox, i wouldn't worry too much. personally, wait times are good for me, even if halo reach's are faster.
uhhh where did you see that? Pretty sure Halo MCC fell out of the top 10 months ago. Its population is definitely not that big
The population is so bad that the ranking system is wonky. Im just starting out at the bottom after giving this POS a break and I can already tell that towards the high ranks its going to be pretty hard to find matches with equal opponents
SpiffyNoob wrote:
uhhh where did you see that? Pretty sure Halo MCC fell out of the top 10 months ago. Its population is definitely not that big
Actually I see MCC in the top ten most played quite regularly. The population isn't that bad. Sure it's not a top game but it's not a bottom of the barrel either.
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Go to the Xbox One store, scroll to the right, scroll down and look at most played games. Halo MCC is in the top 10. Currently sitting at number 8.
DSight wrote:
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Go to the Xbox One store, scroll to the right, scroll down and look at most played games. Halo MCC is in the top 10. Currently sitting at number 8.
If that is correct then I guess technically you are right but an actual population counter would be nice. I don't really trust Microsoft to tell me that their blunder is a most played game without a number to look at

Secondly I am forgetting there are hardly any other real competition. I mean the games behind the MCC according to this list are Battlefield 4 which is old and that is about it in terms of online playable games due to the fact that Xbox One doesn't really have many games yet
Guarantee the population is low low low
343i should really put a pop. counter in. Then we can know the populated playlists from the deserted ones.
Finding matches can be a bit slow, especially on certain play lists, but I always find a game in a decent amount of time. Populations are much better than they were a few months back. Still not great (they never will be at this point), but much better.

Something to keep in mind is that, even though you can always find games, sometimes those games are EXTREMELY laggy (rubber-banding, multiple reload, teleportation, poor hit detection, etc.). The game either runs like a charm are like complete trash. From my experience there isn't much middle ground. Fortunately, most games run smoothly; it's only the occasional game that has the bad lag issues (likely due to a poorly built PtP hosting system...).

It's fun though. Would recommend. :)

PS: My experiences are based upon someone living on the East Coast, US. Connectivity experiences may differ in other places.