Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] How to change FoV on Xbox One!

OP bistDuNarrisch

I think it's a bug and hopefully it won't get fixed. I found no FoV slider on Xbox One.
I normally play on PC with high FOV and this changes FOV on XOne too. So if you're an XOne only player with GamePass Ultimate, download MCC on your PC or Laptop or login on a friend's machine, go to settings change and save FOV and it will be changed on your Xbox One too.
I think it's a bug and hopefully it won't get fixed. I found no FoV slider on Xbox One.
I normally play on PC with high FOV and this changes FOV on XOne too. So if you're an XOne only player with GamePass Ultimate, download MCC on your PC or Laptop or login on a friend's machine, go to settings change and save FOV and it will be changed on your Xbox One too.
I think that fov slider is also implemented on xbox one and is hidden for some reason pr ot may be possible it is a remanent or some kind of left over that the devs forgot to remove
I think it is a Xbox Series X thing only. In the Community Update Unyshek wrote: "FOV options (when playing at 60Hz) on both" He was talking about the Xbox Series X and Series S at the time.
You can set it to your display options to 1080p 60hz and than you got FOV Slider on Mcc Xbox. When your done Adjusting your FOV set your display settings to what you want to play on (for me its 1080p 120hz) and it stays at your adjusted FOV only the slider disappers which is a nice Bug.
Closing in favor of the existing thread on this:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/fov-sliders/a14a1850-348a-443c-b8e7-672d3e7724ca/posts

FOV changing is only available for Series S and X consoles for the moment. It was enabled for all consoles during Halo 4's flighting, but was disabled art way through and 343 opted not to have it at launch for previous gen consoles due to performance issues. Once they have those issues worked out, an update will be released letting layers use the feature.

For anyone interested, I made a post detailing out where 343 commented on this:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/fov-sliders/a14a1850-348a-443c-b8e7-672d3e7724ca/posts?page=2#post25