Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

How to make infection better

OP gmatt91

As a player with over 2000 infection games since 2015 i feel i should make a post to say how i think the playlist in its current state can be improved from maps to gameplay features.
Brains
  • This is the fan favourite mode but it seems to come up quite infrequently even with the recent update this mode is still hard to get. For an example i played around 20 games a couple of days ago 4 of those were brains, 13 were save one bullet, 2 were creeping death and 1 was speed demons.
  • On certain maps in brains there are overshields that when are used go away within seconds. I think these should be changed to last a normal amount of time. This change should also be applied to Speed demons as it is already in save one bullet.
  • With the latest update Rats Nest and Isolation were removed from the brains rotation i think Isolation should come back but Avalanche should be removed. The spawns are so easily trapped and players have gotten 90 plus kills in the past. Zombies can be limited to only a few spawns if humans stand in the middle on top of the zombie base. The map Spooky House should be changed as zombies often dont even get a chance to land on the island due to being shot in mid air by humans on the room of the house. Finally on maps i think more community made maps should be added into matchmaking considering Spooky house and infected manor are in there.
  • I think the last man standing should get some sort of buff something like a slight damage increase. Mabye that isnt needed. Tell me if you can think of another buff the last man should recieve if any at all. This feature can once again be applied to other modes too.
  • In alot of games i play i seem to notice the last man standing kill themselves to drag out the round for too long. This occurs mostly on maps like Guardian, Blackout, Snowbound and Spooky house. My idea is to make so that if a player kills themselves a few times within a certain timespan they are booted from the game. This isnt exclusive to just brains as ive seen it happen in other modes too.
Speed Demons
  • Betrayal booting is not turned on in this mode but it needs to be. I have seen players reach 60+ teamkills in games and this just kills the match for both sides.
  • I think the jump height should be increased for the humans a little bit as it is far too low. A low jump height for the zombies is understandable as they move quite fast but the humans move at a regular speed.
  • I think the weighting for this mode should be increased too as it is not a common mode.
Save One Bullet
  • This mode just needs to either be removed or have its weighting heavily decreased as all it is is just an one sided version of brains where the zombies are much stronger and the humans are exactly the same thats it.
  • The way the initial infected are chose for this mode should be changed. It is currently the top 3 scorers from the previous round are chosen to be zombie this leads to the same 2 or 3 people being zombie each round. I believe it should be a random selection like the other modes.
Creeping Death
  • Although geared towards the zombies i think this mode is just fine and does not need any major changes.
Map improvments
  • On Avalanche there is too many machine gun turrets that spawn too often. I think the number of turrets should be reduced from 3 to 2 and have them spawn every 2 minutes. On Avalanche there should be an active camo to aid either team. The spawns need to be changed on Avalanche to prevent spawn trapping for the zombies. Add spawns where the rockets spawn in normal multiplayer and in the middle of the map for the zombies.
  • On High ground i think a machine gun turret could be placed where it normally is in multiplayer once a round. I think the number of active camos should be reduced from 3 to 2 by removing the camo in the cave.
  • There needs to be an active camo on Valhalla somewhere to as it is quite easy for humans to rack up 80+ kills by sitting in the back of the zombie spawn. This could replace the machine gun turret in the middle of the map.
  • A second active camo might be needed on Snowbound this is due to every game most of the human team sits on the edge of the map and is near unkillable unless caught off guard by a zombie. The current invis location is good but only spawns twice a round and is more often than not used by the human team. The second invis could be placed where the vehicles spawn in multiplayer.
  • On Longshore there is a house underneath where the zombies spawn in which people can get in and rack up loads of kills it takes a little bit of effort to get into but can be annoying for the zombies also an active camo should be on longshore where it normally is in multiplayer.
  • As mentioned under the brains section Spooky house should be changed so that the zombies can get over to the house without being killed in midair.
If you read this far i thank you. I hope a 343 staff member reads this post and considers what i have mentioned above.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I love infection and halo
Spoiler:
Show
Lol butthurt about the speed demon betrayals? I think i remember betraying you 😂
does no one pay attention to you in real life, so you beg for attention on MCC by trolling? hopefully they do address that issue, or ban you for trolling, so the only one "butthurt" will be you. why even bother posting here lol
Yall are really mad i find it funny
Ya'll seem really distressed.
Git gud instead of moaning for the game types to change to match how bad you are.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
Spoiler:
Show
Wait wrote:
Lol butthurt about the speed demon betrayals? I think i remember betraying you 😂
does no one pay attention to you in real life, so you beg for attention on MCC by trolling? hopefully they do address that issue, or ban you for trolling, so the only one "butthurt" will be you. why even bother posting here lol
Well i was seeing why they started booting people on speed demons, and it seems to be because of butthurts like you
did they add betrayal booting finally?
Wait wrote:
Wait wrote:
Well i was seeing why they started booting people on speed demons, and it seems to be because of butthurts like you
They did.
omarlotrc wrote:
Wait wrote:
Wait wrote:
They did.
Awesome, i did see that mentioned in their notes but wasnt sure. is Avalanche still on Brains though? that would be pretty messed up.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
Wait wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Wait wrote:
Wait wrote:
They did.
Awesome, i did see that mentioned in their notes but wasnt sure. is Avalanche still on Brains though? that would be pretty messed up.
I don't remember Avalanche ever being a map for Braaaains.
Wait wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Wait wrote:
Wait wrote:
They did.
No, its not awesome. Betrayals were apart of the speed demons experience and if you couldnt handle it youre a softie. People like yourselves have taken away the best part about halo 3 infection.

Now, theres gonna be less laughs and more try hards like you and that gmatt guy. Oh and that dude was complaining about spooky house being unfair for zombies? Wow you must really suck if you cant get up to the top of spooky house without dying.

Try some different techniques instead of whining about it on halo waypoint.
Forreal. I played alot of infection since i got the xbox one and this game at the end of 2017, and the betraying in speed demons and hide and seek would always make me laugh. Its supposed to be a niche playlist, let it have its quirks.

Get in on the betrayal, teabag at someone so you two can stick together and betray the entire team. You can befriend people from the entire experience, but you all choose to get mad and get the devs to unnecessairily change a sick playlist to be more streamlined, and for some people, easier for you.

Ive had no problem getting to the top of the house and mansion as an infected, in ALL the infection gametypes. Theres other ways to get in the house/mansion than trying to go straight for the top. Its easy to get kills in save one bullet as an uninfected, and easy to get kills as an infected in creeping death. And if theres anything to change in infection, then it's only this: make brains more common in the gametype rotation. I know Speed Demons wont be fixed, and Hide and Seek wont be re-added, so please at least do that 343. I think everyone in the infection community agrees.
You guys are both fools. If it's that easy to make friends by betraying people in speed demons, get your boys together for some high speed no shield gravity hammer free for all customs and leave the people that actually want to cooperate as zombies in matchmaking alone. Otherwise you can invite me to party up for some infection so I can out score you over and over again and happily boot you when you betray me :)
Wait wrote:
You guys are both fools. If it's that easy to make friends by betraying people in speed demons, get your boys together for some high speed no shield gravity hammer free for all customs and leave the people that actually want to cooperate as zombies in matchmaking alone. Otherwise you can invite me to party up for some infection so I can out score you over and over again and happily boot you when you betray me :)
When do you wanna play then? Id love to show you how to enjoy Halo.

And when I get my two betrayals on you first, I can enjoy your attempts to betray me back in your foolish hope that Id let myself get kicked by you. And ill laugh just as much as I would in a regular speed demons match when I beat you in the scoreboard as I always do.