Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

[Locked] I claim 343 is lying about sprint!

OP xboxdigger 94

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I too find it very hard to believe only 11% of the community doesn't want sprint.

Have you seen the number of posts on here from Reach up to Halo 5 of people not liking sprint and others agreeing with them?

I think I remember a post on here with a poll on whether you like sprint or not and "no" won by a good amount.

Something's not right here...

Edit: Also, I don't think they will take out sprint because once again they designed maps with sprint in mind, which I don't really like.
19,000 people signed up for the feedback program. I guarantee not all of them received a poll, including me. Maybe the question was regarding sprint in Halo 5, and not sprint in general. I thought sprint was fairly balanced in the beta. I thought for sure they would nerf thrusters.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
19,000 people signed up for the feedback program. I guarantee not all of them received a poll, including me. Maybe the question was regarding sprint in Halo 5, and not sprint in general. I thought sprint was fairly balanced in the beta. I thought for sure they would nerf thrusters.

Questions like that cannot be answered by people in the feedback program due to the thing they had to accept to get into it. I suppose it's a way to keep information.

Questions like that cannot be answered by people in the feedback program due to the thing they had to accept to get into it. I suppose it's a way to keep information.
I know. I don't believe a word that comes out of 343's posts anymore. What I have seen, of polls, games they have released, the reason they removed population counter in-game, and so much more, proofs otherwise.

Remember that 343 is very vague with their statements, and so much of what they say is just for marketing.

* All of those 19k players may not have received the poll?

* Was there a specific target audience?

* How was the question asked etc?

I know. I don't believe a word that comes out of 343's posts anymore. What I have seen, of polls, games they have released, the reason they removed population counter in-game, and so much more, proofs otherwise.
Obs. That's my account. My browsers are eating up my ram so I have to switch browsers every 1-3 hour. That e-mail was automatically signed into my Internet Explorer browser :/ I have different e-mails for different things. Important stuff e-mail, my first e-mail, college school e-mail, internet only (for messenger back in the day, but I still use it) e-mail and so on.
I only care about the game being fun, balanced, and going with the same Halo formula we always had. Although, I am rather surprised by only 11% of people not liking it.

Spoiler:
Show
Does it really matter what percent want and don't want sprint. They said you are able to toggle it in customs and play a classic matchmaking playlist.
OP you're still wrong on the survey and even how to do at least a comparable one. Like at least 1000 people, that would be a good start.

So for every political election and/or pole, the minority screams stats are cheated? Like wth. That's all this is, guys didn't get your way for finding out you're a minority of wanting it completely gone.

FYI, we don't know how many stated they don't like sprint, but can tolerate it if changes were made. I'm going to bet that was a pretty large majority of people who are level headed. Life is literally about compromising and people not getting what they want, but cut a little to help everyone overall.

NOT saying you have a wrong opinion about sprint, but how surveys work, yes. And compared to what 343 did.
I don't know if any of you took the survey but you were limited to what you could give feedback on. Like you had to pick one item you liked least and then focus on that. I chose to say I didn't like sprint but others may have liked some other feature less and chose to comment on that. The 11% was probably the ones who chose to comment on that aspect, which is not really a good representation of how the community feels about sprint.
OP you're still wrong on the survey and even how to do at least a comparable one. Like at least 1000 people, that would be a good start.

So for every political election and/or pole, the minority screams stats are cheated? Like wth. That's all this is, guys didn't get your way for finding out you're a minority of wanting it completely gone.

FYI, we don't know how many stated they don't like sprint, but can tolerate it if changes were made. I'm going to bet that was a pretty large majority of people who are level headed. Life is literally about compromising and people not getting what they want, but cut a little to help everyone overall.

NOT saying you have a wrong opinion about sprint, but how surveys work, yes. And compared to what 343 did.
It's the principle of the matter. Why should we tolerate political games period concerning our favorite game series? Just because they played the political game well doesn't mean OP is wrong, 11% is truly accurate, or that 343 isn't truly in the wrong. Just because they technically cannot be rightly accused of lying about this (or other similar matters), it doesn't mean that they aren't intentionally bending truth to serve themselves. Simply because they've technically done nothing wrong here, certainly does not mean they've done something right.

If we cannot escape the childish and political game of semantics with video games (especially Halo)...when can we? Can we? Sorry, but I don't care if technically 11% is true. It's only true because they made it not untrue. Nothing is real once it succumbs to this crap.
They need to put a do you want sprint? poll up on the front page, with 2 answers, yes or no, nothing else. I don't believe these numbers are accurate either.
They need to put a do you want sprint? poll up on the front page, with 2 answers, yes or no, nothing else. I don't believe these numbers are accurate either.
If they ever considered removing sprint, they'd have done it. They are not stupid or incompetent. They know exactly what they're doing, and clearly like the results they get from doing so, because they've never once broken stride. They've behaved in this manner since the day they acquired the rights to this game from Bungie.
I'm guessing that 343 chose the people who played halo 4 and reach a lot compared to the other games. Or 343 just made up ridiculous numbers. Come on 343, there is at least a 50-50 divide between sprint and no Sprint. Honestly it would be better not to have it cuz more people will buy it if sprint is taken out, than buy it with sprint.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bypass the profanity filter.

Spoiler:
Show
(Edited for content.)

Selling xboxes won't make the type of Halo game he loves appear on ps4. Until MCC is fixed and delivered in the form it was promised to be in this past summer, that sort of style of Halo remains absent on Xbox One as well. Just a couple things you could consider.
Yeah, right... at LEAST more than half dislike Sprint.
The ones who don't dislike it won't be playing the game for 3 years, either.

I bet he thinks the majority prefers Halo 4 to Halo 2.

343 is so out of touch, it's painful. I know 5 people who aren't buying Halo 5 because of Sprint alone. These are people, including myself, who would never in their wildest dreams consider skipping a Halo title.
New Halo? Here's my money.
343 took advantage of that and fooled me with Halo 4... and then again with MCC, which I thought would be redemption from Halo 4. I'm done with them.
Played Halo 5, and as assumed, Sprint made the game completely unplayable, due to how non-fun it was.
This will be my first pass. So sad.

The old days are gone... new Halo is revealed, you wait with utmost anticipation, and when you finally get it, it's amazing and you play it for 3 years.
I don't even recognize Halo anymore, and there isn't even the slightest shred of excitement.
Thanks a lot.

The one chance for me to continue with something that actually resembles Halo, and it's an utter disaster even 3 months after release.
I've spent the last 13 years having Halo be my go-to, constant game (save for the years Halo 4 was the focus), and without MCC working, I've got nothing I care to play regularly.
I just can't get over it.
343, I honestly wish your studio was never given the rights to Halo because all you've done, IMHO, is disrespect it and its fans.
I want to say a lot more, but I'll have to refrain.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2