Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

I don't get it. Why do people dislike CE/2/2A?

OP KidJaydenENY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Longtime Halo fan (since 2003-2004ish). I love CE/H2 matchmaking, they provide so much fun for me. I also love H2A, which I think has laid a strong foundation for modern day Classic Halo. What I wanna know is:

Why do people dislike playing the other Halo games on MCC?
Don't get me wrong, Halo 3 is definitely my favorite but that doesn't deter me from wanting to play the other games as well.

If you're someone who only votes H3, why don't you like playing the other classic games? All I ever see when those games win the vote is just half of the players quitting. What's pushing you away from at least giving those games a shot?
Longtime Halo fan (since 2003-2004ish). I love CE/H2 matchmaking, they provide so much fun for me. I also love H2A, which I think has laid a strong foundation for modern day Classic Halo. What I wanna know is:

Don't get me wrong, Halo 3 is definitely my favorite but that doesn't deter me from wanting to play the other games as well.

If you're someone who only votes H3, why don't you like playing the other classic games? All I ever see when those games win the vote is just half of the players quitting. What's pushing you away from at least giving those games a shot?
Part of my data collection over the years in the MCC has been asking quitters, dash boarders, and team betrayers why they do that in Halo CE and Halo 2. The response's I've gotten are mostly the graphics suck argument. That still doesn't give anyone the right to act like like a yoink and ruin the game for everyone else.

Part of my data collection over the years in the MCC has been asking quitters, dash boarders, and team betrayers why they do that in Halo CE and Halo 2. The response's I've gotten are mostly the graphics suck argument. That still doesn't give anyone the right to act like like a yoink and ruin the game for everyone else.
Agreed 100%. I just wish they'd at least give those games a chance.
H2 is a broken game. Glitch everywhere , atrocious graphics , sword is more than broken and the noob combo (green gun)
H2 is a broken game. Glitch everywhere , atrocious graphics , sword is more than broken and the noob combo (green gun)
I'm gonna pretend you didn't use graphics as an excuse XD

Yes Halo 2 has glitches, but in my experience no one ever uses them. I've never even seen people BXR, so that's out the window.
yutghjjgdhjkinmh
WHAT
By that logic Halo 3 is bad because it's graphics are outdated compared to H2A and 4. (checkmate)
I mean I dislike a lot of Halo games, but never for the graphics only.
Yeah we just need to switch voting to veto please.
Yeah we just need to switch voting to veto please.
Not veto but more like TitanFall 2 where you select what games you want to play etc.
Sorry to all the CE guys but h1 is the only game other than h4 I cant stand playing. To me it’s just not competitive and just generally boring. Just my opinion
Fomo wrote:
Sorry to all the CE guys but h1 is the only game other than h4 I cant stand playing. To me it’s just not competitive and just generally boring. Just my opinion
I respect your opinion but can you explain why?
Fomo wrote:
LMAO. Quote of the year right. CE not competitive. Oh boy.

Anyway, people generally don't like CE or H2 because they are bad at it, or they are really young and didn't play them in their prime. I would say the vast majority fall under one or both of those categories.
Fomo wrote:
Sorry to all the CE guys but h1 is the only game other than h4 I cant stand playing. To me it’s not competitive and just generally boring. Just my opinion
It’s probably a nostalgia thing. I played CE when I was young (around 7-8) with my friends and thought it was the greatest game, but I didn’t play the multiplayer nearly as much as Halo 2 or Halo 3. This is obviously to do with Halo 2 introducing online matchmaking and then as I grew older I got my 360 and a copy of H3 and never looked back. I played it literally nonstop and never got tired of it.

I think you and I have touched on this before Chief, but I generally feel that the spawns aren’t great on CE with 8 players. It could be because I only played it with 4 people on split screen and never with system link.

It’s a masterpiece of a game which goes without saying but I’d just rather play Halo 2 or Halo 3, even if it is for the millionth time
Fomo wrote:

Anyway, people generally don't like CE or H2 because they are bad at it, or they are really young and didn't play them in their prime. I would say the vast majority fall under one or both of those categories.
Relax. It’s competitive as far as the actual game and the mechanics go but to me I really don’t care if I lose playing Chill Out and go negative 20
Fomo wrote:
Fomo wrote:
Sorry to all the CE guys but h1 is the only game other than h4 I cant stand playing. To me it’s not competitive and just generally boring. Just my opinion
It’s probably a nostalgia thing. I played CE when I was young (around 7-8) with my friends and thought it was the greatest game, but I didn’t play the multiplayer nearly as much as Halo 2 or Halo 3. This is obviously to do with Halo 2 introducing online matchmaking and then as I grew older I got my 360 and a copy of H3 and never looked back. I played it literally nonstop and never got tired of it.

I think you and I have touched on this before Chief, but I generally feel that the spawns aren’t great on CE with 8 players. It could be because I only played it with 4 people on split screen and never with system link.

It’s a masterpiece of a game which goes without saying but I’d just rather play Halo 2 or Halo 3, even if it is for the millionth time
I think one of the issues your having in regards to BTB is you have people that screw you over in Halo CE. The team betrayers and idlers. Just one of them can screw an entire team over in regards to the spawn system or even if it's CTF where the spawns are set to each team's base. I'd like to invite you sometime if you wish to a BTB CE custom game session I do so you can get the real experience where people actually know what there doing and not ruin the game.
Wrong. What halo 2 glitches are everywhere? Sword isn't broken, the same noob combo is used in Halo 3. If anything, halo 3 is broken. Hit ditection
Is abysmal on the mcc, halo 3 on 360 has no problems it's night and day. Most people vote halo 3 all the time on this game because it's the easiest to play and doesn't take it of skill compare to halo 1 and 2.
The real question is how does any game other than H3 get chosen when the majority of the players in the match are H3 fanatics?
I seldom play multiplayer in CE and H2, but when I do, it's annoyingly apparent that some of the maps just don't work, especially in CE. I mostly grew up playing Halo 3 and that really set the standard for my expectations. Halo 2 is similar, but still too different for my tastes. When it comes to the campaign, on the other hand, it's always been a tie between H2 and H3 and I've always considered CE a classic. That said, I could never not like any classic Halo. Those who do need to evaluate their existence.
Fomo wrote:
Here he goes again....
Fomo wrote:
Here he goes again....
Doing what? Posting facts? CE is the most competitive console shooter in history.
Fomo wrote:
Here he goes again....
Doing what? Posting facts? CE is the most competitive console shooter in history.
Yes, exactly that. It's kind of funny watching you lecture other people about things you just lectured me about. I like how you oppose anyone who dares to say CE isn't competitive. LOL.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5