Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

I don't get it. Why do people dislike CE/2/2A?

OP KidJaydenENY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Man I am fed up with the overplayed maps in BTB. Maps like Halo 3's Standoff, Valhalla, and Rat's Nest is always the main pick and it gets annoying after a while like don't you people get tired of playing the same map of the same game? I haven't even got to experience any Halo 2 Anniversary or Halo 2 big team battle games since the last 3 months I had the MCC because everyone picks Halo 3. Then it's like when another game is voted, all the Halo 3 fanboys quit. Vice versa too with every other game. I wish people would stop being immature and just go with what is voted instead of quitting because their favorite Halo didn't get picked. Don't get me wrong, I hate when the Halo 3 maps get picked due to to me playing them so much but that doesn't mean I will quit the matches or go shooting my teammates because I didn't get the map I want.
I love H2. However, it has some serious spawn issues and bugs not present in OG xbox. Prob becuase is was the pc port. 343 needs to address these issues in the update. Along with 10,000 other things
The problem to votes would cease to exist if they eliminate cross game playlists. Its annoying and limits maps and gametypes for all games.
<p></p> from my experience as a halo player since the release of the original halo combat evolve and halo 2 I have noticed people are only complaining because these games when originally developed were used as a local lan play game until xbox live via halo 2 where nobody cared about stats and progression but only to have fun now that i have said this, people today are more worried about stuff like and im using this as a example "oh no somebody has a small advantage over me im going to fus and complain about it and blame the glitches of say they used hacks." when in reality they don't know how to adapt and counter these kinds of people and they just refuse to play the game anymore.
Fomo wrote:
Sorry to all the CE guys but h1 is the only game other than h4 I cant stand playing. To me it’s just not competitive and just generally boring. Just my opinion
LMAO. Quote of the year right. CE not competitive. Oh boy.
Here he goes again....
Doing what? Posting facts? CE is the most competitive console shooter in history.
Yes, exactly that. It's kind of funny watching you lecture other people about things you just lectured me about. I like how you oppose anyone who dares to say CE isn't competitive. LOL.
Opinion is one thing. You can like what you like. No problem with that. But it's when people just post misinformation and make factually incorrect statements. That kinda thing grinds my gears.

Also, I want people to know the greatness that is Halo 1. I've never known anyone that's actually sat down and played a competitive 2v2 on CE and hasn't liked it or said that it sucked, so it bothers me when people just ignorantly **** on the game when they know nothing about it or how to really play it.
Longtime Halo fan (since 2003-2004ish). I love CE/H2 matchmaking, they provide so much fun for me. I also love H2A, which I think has laid a strong foundation for modern day Classic Halo. What I wanna know is:

Why do people dislike playing the other Halo games on MCC?
Don't get me wrong, Halo 3 is definitely my favorite but that doesn't deter me from wanting to play the other games as well.

If you're someone who only votes H3, why don't you like playing the other classic games? All I ever see when those games win the vote is just half of the players quitting. What's pushing you away from at least giving those games a shot?
It's because they are much more difficult to play and take a considerably longer time to become proficient at than any of the Halo games that came after them.
Fomo wrote:
Sorry to all the CE guys but h1 is the only game other than h4 I cant stand playing. To me it’s just not competitive and just generally boring. Just my opinion
Here he goes again....
Doing what? Posting facts? CE is the most competitive console shooter in history.
That's... that's not a fact.
Fomo wrote:
Here he goes again....
Yes, exactly that. It's kind of funny watching you lecture other people about things you just lectured me about. I like how you oppose anyone who dares to say CE isn't competitive. LOL.
Opinion is one thing. You can like what you like. No problem with that. But it's when people just post misinformation and make factually incorrect statements. That kinda thing grinds my gears.

Also, I want people to know the greatness that is Halo 1. I've never known anyone that's actually sat down and played a competitive 2v2 on CE and hasn't liked it or said that it sucked, so it bothers me when people just ignorantly **** on the game when they know nothing about it or how to really play it.
I'm not speaking against what you're saying, dude. Keep saying what you're saying if you feel it needs to be said. I'm not stopping you.
Halo 3 BR is broken, bugged.
Perhaps after this update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDi0t5t4UMI
I'd say many view the older games as "outdated" games, to which I scoff at. I believe one guy just mentioned how some don't like playing on the older graphics, some will also say they're just to slow to them.
Quit mid-game because of graphics?
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
"H1=Betray."

Or they just quit out at the lobby. You guys have all seen them. These people are cancer. And also usually trash at even the Halo games they like to play.
I enjoy Halo 2 and 2 Anniversary. Halo CE is kinda fun once in a while, but for the most part is too competitive. Magnums are overpowered, 4v4 is chaotic, spawn killing happens too much, outdated clunky movement, too much grenade spamming, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love all Halo games (besides Halo 5). Started with CE and I hated Halo 3 multiplayer for so long because of TMCC but have started to enjoy Halo 3 recently along with the others. Halo 4 is my favorite and Halo 2 is my favorite classic. Love Halo 2 Anniversary with updated graphics but classic gameplay.
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
"H1=Betray."

Or they just quit out at the lobby. You guys have all seen them. These people are cancer. And also usually trash at even the Halo games they like to play.
You know I'd love if it we can send the Xbox Admins that enforce rules over XBL game clips of the offenders with a clan tag like that. Video proof for a two week ban over XBL
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
"H1=Betray."

You know I'd love if it we can send the Xbox Admins that enforce rules over XBL game clips of the offenders with a clan tag like that. Video proof for a two week ban over XBL
"Teamkiller and Griefer and PROUD OF IT. What are you gonna do, report me?" I remember a TON of people like that at launch and the months that followed. Still a fair number of them around now, but it feels like their population has dwindled since then. I expect another upsurge in their numbers after the Spring Update though :(

What annoys me more than the "Dashboard if my game dun get picked" people is how the game restarts the search if they do that. That's ONE THING I'd really love to see be fixed in the update, is if someone rage-dashes they don't screw over everyone else who was searching.

The other thing is I'd like at the very least Halo 3 to be given its own BTB playlist and then take it out of the mixed-game BTB list; like how Halo 4 isn't in Team Slayer but has its own playlist. (Ideally every game would have its own playlist, but how feasible that is who can tell)Why? Because I'm frankly tired of Standoff at this point. Avalanche is getting old too. I love Halo 3, but after a while of seeing so many other maps come up from other games I really wanted to play on, it gets a bit tiring. Halo 3's backwards compat now, if someone wanted All Standoff, All The Time then why go into a game where you run the very real possibility of having Halo 2, Halo 4, etc forced on you instead? I mean like, in the time I've played this I have YET to play the Geryphybobia CE map, and the game claims my 'favorite / most played' map is Standoff.

I guess that'd also mean my next most hoped-for feature is a Veto or Rotational system instead of voting. Don't like the map the game picked? Veto it. Still don't? Too bad. Stick it through or dashboard (And let others join in to replace them possibly).
I enjoy Halo 2 and 2 Anniversary. Halo CE is kinda fun once in a while, but for the most part is too competitive. Magnums are overpowered, 4v4 is chaotic, spawn killing happens too much, outdated clunky movement, too much grenade spamming, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love all Halo games (besides Halo 5). Started with CE and I hated Halo 3 multiplayer for so long because of TMCC but have started to enjoy Halo 3 recently along with the others. Halo 4 is my favorite and Halo 2 is my favorite classic. Love Halo 2 Anniversary with updated graphics but classic gameplay.
How can a game be too competitive? You lost me.
H1 isn't that hard even though you can have max 2 players but H2 is the hardest Halo even with playing with 2 players. Gravemind is the hardest level in Halo ever just spawning at the start is a gamble. Now as for another reason players may not like H1 and H2 is simple. If your trying to play coop there are tricks to get the game to allow your friend to join the game or it will just keep saying can't connect. Oh and as for H2 upgraded graphics sadly alot of spots you have to use retro graphics as the retro shows like when walking on something narrow the real width while new graphics show it to be wider when it isn't. halo 3 is fun end of story and halo 4 well in my opinion is my least favorite halo game. ODST is the easiest of the 5 in this collection but still is fun and a good challenge on harder modes. and can have 4 players. the only downside is your an ODST not the MC so you get used to it. I hope they remaster Reach one day as that was and still is such a great game.
yea halo 3 gets boring
As a huge CE/H2 fan, I think the main reasons people dislike the original games as others have said is they were probably not around for their primes and also the skill gap in both. SMG starts in H2 are atrocious and need to go just like bungie did away with them in the original H2. For example, playing SMG starts slayer on lockout when the other team has control of snipe and the 2 BR spawns isn't fun for anyone. Team stuck with SMGs will lose 50~7 vs. any good team. CE & H2 have by far the biggest skill gaps of all the halo games and people don't enjoy getting ran by a group of 4. I think a party matching system similar to H3's would help the competitive balance.

How can a game be too competitive? You lost me.
“Too competitive” means exactly what it sounds like. Remove all elements of chance and cater to the competitive community. This leads to sweaty matches against people who memorize every spawn. Halo CE was original system link and split screen only but with Xbox Live it has too much skill gap. Halo CE has PERFECT spawn times on every weapon and pickup, meaning it is the most competitive. I like a more casual enjoyable experience. Halo CE matches are not usually close games.

Many people don’t like Halo 4 because it’s too casual but I would say the same thing as you, how can it be too casual? My point is it’s just the casual vs competitive argument again. Just my opinion that Halo CE is the most competitive which makes it less enjoyable to me.
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
"H1=Betray."

I've seen a "Halo 4=Betray"
Halo CE gets voted*
Betrayal still happens : (
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5