Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

I don't get it. Why do people dislike CE/2/2A?

OP KidJaydenENY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
Quit mid-game because of graphics?
"H1=Betray."

Or they just quit out at the lobby. You guys have all seen them. These people are cancer. And also usually trash at even the Halo games they like to play.
You know I'd love if it we can send the Xbox Admins that enforce rules over XBL game clips of the offenders with a clan tag like that. Video proof for a two week ban over XBL
So people with a tag H1 they betray or quit mid game?
I enjoy Halo 2 and 2 Anniversary. Halo CE is kinda fun once in a while, but for the most part is too competitive. Magnums are overpowered, 4v4 is chaotic, spawn killing happens too much, outdated clunky movement, too much grenade spamming, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love all Halo games (besides Halo 5). Started with CE and I hated Halo 3 multiplayer for so long because of TMCC but have started to enjoy Halo 3 recently along with the others. Halo 4 is my favorite and Halo 2 is my favorite classic. Love Halo 2 Anniversary with updated graphics but classic gameplay.
How can a game be too competitive? You lost me.
“Too competitive” means exactly what it sounds like. Remove all elements of chance and cater to the competitive community. This leads to sweaty matches against people who memorize every spawn. Halo CE was original system link and split screen only but with Xbox Live it has too much skill gap. Halo CE has PERFECT spawn times on every weapon and pickup, meaning it is the most competitive. I like a more casual enjoyable experience. Halo CE matches are not usually close games.

Many people don’t like Halo 4 because it’s too casual but I would say the same thing as you, how can it be too casual? My point is it’s just the casual vs competitive argument again. Just my opinion that Halo CE is the most competitive which makes it less enjoyable to me.
I'll be honest man, I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. The argument you're presenting, that a Halo game is too competitive or that CE has too much of a skill gap, is an oxymoron. You're basically complaining that people try their best to win and want to improve their game is somehow wrong?
I enjoy Halo 2 and 2 Anniversary. Halo CE is kinda fun once in a while, but for the most part is too competitive. Magnums are overpowered, 4v4 is chaotic, spawn killing happens too much, outdated clunky movement, too much grenade spamming, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love all Halo games (besides Halo 5). Started with CE and I hated Halo 3 multiplayer for so long because of TMCC but have started to enjoy Halo 3 recently along with the others. Halo 4 is my favorite and Halo 2 is my favorite classic. Love Halo 2 Anniversary with updated graphics but classic gameplay.
“Too competitive” means exactly what it sounds like. Remove all elements of chance and cater to the competitive community. This leads to sweaty matches against people who memorize every spawn. Halo CE was original system link and split screen only but with Xbox Live it has too much skill gap. Halo CE has PERFECT spawn times on every weapon and pickup, meaning it is the most competitive. I like a more casual enjoyable experience. Halo CE matches are not usually close games.

Many people don’t like Halo 4 because it’s too casual but I would say the same thing as you, how can it be too casual? My point is it’s just the casual vs competitive argument again. Just my opinion that Halo CE is the most competitive which makes it less enjoyable to me.
I'll be honest man, I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. The argument you're presenting, that a Halo game is too competitive or that CE has too much of a skill gap, is an oxymoron. You're basically complaining that people try their best to win and want to improve their game is somehow wrong?
As I already said, it’s my opinion that Halo CE is too competitive. If others like it, fine. I actually played it earlier and had a good game. My comment is to help the OP understand why some people don’t like the older games. You won’t see me betraying people just because it’s Halo CE but I understand why people would rather play the new Halos.

I don’t know if you actually don’t understand what I’m saying or not. I don’t think you understand what you’re talking about. Do I have to explain that not everyone likes to play competitively all the time? Not everyone is good but we should all be able to play Halo without some overly competitive player yelling at everyone. I like to play games for relaxation and fun. Do I play competitively somewhat? Yes. My problem with Halo CE is that it is too competitive. Halo 2 and 3 are competitive too but have more fun elements(duel wielding, equipment, high jacking, more weapons,etc). Halo 4 is the least competitive with armour abilities and loadouts adding randomness. Adding new features to the the other games makes them less competitive but more fun.

Honestly, the main reason I don’t like Halo CE as much is the outdated graphics, fast kill times, and generally lack of weapons. I don’t like the fact that entire teams are decimated in a few seconds by magnums. I might as well play CoD. I like other weapons than the magnums all the time.

As I already said, it’s my opinion that Halo CE is too competitive. If others like it, fine. I actually played it earlier and had a good game. My comment is to help the OP understand why some people don’t like the older games. You won’t see me betraying people just because it’s Halo CE but I understand why people would rather play the new Halos.

I don’t know if you actually don’t understand what I’m saying or not. I don’t think you understand what you’re talking about. Do I have to explain that not everyone likes to play competitively all the time? Not everyone is good but we should all be able to play Halo without some overly competitive player yelling at everyone. I like to play games for relaxation and fun. Do I play competitively somewhat? Yes. My problem with Halo CE is that it is too competitive. Halo 2 and 3 are competitive too but have more fun elements(duel wielding, equipment, high jacking, more weapons,etc). Halo 4 is the least competitive with armour abilities and loadouts adding randomness. Adding new features to the the other games makes them less competitive but more fun.

Honestly, the main reason I don’t like Halo CE as much is the outdated graphics, fast kill times, and generally lack of weapons. I don’t like the fact that entire teams are decimated in a few seconds by magnums. I might as well play CoD. I like other weapons than the magnums all the time.
You poor guy. You must've never played 16 man Blood Gulch CTF. Just because a game can be competitive, that does not mean you personally need to compete in every game. Also no ,H2 and H3 are also not "too competitive". This is just a silly argument you're trying to make here LOL
Plenty of times (most of the time) the game that got voted is the game I did not vote for. But I still play it and I still play to win. I don't cry and quit. Or pout and run about betraying people like a selfish little brat who didn't get his way. I didn't grow up with any of these games--I'm an old fart--so none of them are a magical part of my precious little childhood ... and maybe the age thing has something to do with it: I'm old enough to have the decency to sit down for ten minutes and play a match in a Halo game that isn't the specific Halo game I wanted without crying and having a little fit about it only to ruin it for everyone else. You know, the people who voted for it. That's how voting works. They're Halo games. They're games. Play the game for ten flippin' minutes and try not to let the tears and snot get in the way. The level of inconsiderate, entitled, selfish behavior makes me wonder if those who grew up with these games ever grew up. You think Combat Evolved has bad graphics? I grew up playing THIS.

Ok, now that the humor is out of the way, what did I just read in this thread? CE is not competitive, CE is too competitive, and CE is like CoD? CE Is the reason we have Halo and probably the only reason Xbox is still around, so show some respect! And if I find out anyone complaining about graphics plays Minecraft I'm gonna lose it! Oh wait, I'm still doing it. lol.

I think the thing with me is, I never stopped playing each game. Like, when Halo 3 released, I was still regularly playing CE & Halo 2 with friends. We would bounce around from game to game. I still do that. In fact, today I played Halo 5 & Halo 3. Yesterday I was playing CE & Halo 4. I played Reach not too long ago. So all these nuances between the games that throw people, like the wonky Battle Rifle in Halo 2 (or Halo 3, depending on which is or is not your particular Halo), melee lunge distance, swords mechanics, which grenades are nukes and which game allows how many, etc. These are all things that I've never had to adjust to except for when the games were new. I can hop into any Halo game and never feel like I lost my sea legs. Not that I don't suck, because I do ... but I still know how they all work and each always feels like second nature. (Though now that I think about it, maybe I suck because I don't stick to one game. I'm competent at all of them, but I don't devote all my Halo time to one title. But that's not important to me. It's more fun to play them all.)

And that may sound off topic, but it isn't. When it comes to CE & Halo 2, they can be rough. But once you put in the hours and find yourself on Prisoner after your teammate quits in the first 3 minutes, still holding your own, going 48-48 1v2, nothing is more exciting. No game has ever made my heart race like CE. But no game has ever broken my spirit like it either. Maybe Halo 2, I don't know. But their BTB modes are great for casual play. Especially CE. Point is, instead of quitting, put in the time, learn the ins & outs, and polish your skills (i.e, "git gud"), you'll have a good time. Then we won't have this problem because you'll be as excited for Blood Gulch as a Halo fan ought to be.

You poor guy. You must've never played 16 man Blood Gulch CTF. Just because a game can be competitive, that does not mean you personally need to compete in every game. Also no ,H2 and H3 are also not "too competitive". This is just a silly argument you're trying to make here LOL
It’s ridiculous that your even arguing with me over an OPINION. You say that it is ridiculous to say Halo CE is too competitive, I say it is too competitive. How are we supposed to get anywhere, when we don’t agree on the underlying theme. This whole sidetrack got started because you were confused that my opinion was that Halo CE is too competitive. What is so confusing?

Actually, I have played 16 player Blood Gulch CTF and everyone acts like idiots and quits/betrays when Halo 3 isn’t chosen. This is the whole point of this topic. I would love to play BTB Halo CE but no one ever votes for it.

MrMartini85, just because the community agrees that Halo CE is the best game ever doesn’t make me agree. Halo CE did start Halo but I have enjoyed every sequel more.
Because in H3 the BR spread, slow rate of fire, and abundance of corners, shield doors, equipment, and general things to hide behind, give the player free rein to traverse the map without a second thought. You literally can't be killed before you reach some kind of cover. It's the most forgiving game in the original trilogy by a mile.
Because in H3 the BR spread, slow rate of fire, and abundance of corners, shield doors, equipment, and general things to hide behind, give the player free rein to traverse the map without a second thought. You literally can't be killed before you reach some kind of cover. It's the most forgiving game in the original trilogy by a mile.
And boy oh boy did people learn how to abuse that
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
OP is telling the truth, I cannot get my head around playing Halo 3 for hours and not once getting the chance to play some of the older games.

Post-update 343 NEED to bring out dedicated playlists or at least block Halo 3 from being an option and have CE/H2/H2A as option only, then H2/H2A/H3, then CE/H3/H4.

At the moment, Halo 3 is presented in every choice.
OP is telling the truth, I cannot get my head around playing Halo 3 for hours and not once getting the chance to play some of the older games.

Post-update 343 NEED to bring out dedicated playlists or at least block Halo 3 from being an option and have CE/H2/H2A as option only, then H2/H2A/H3, then CE/H3/H4.

At the moment, Halo 3 is presented in every choice.
Right. As I said before, 3 is my favorite but when presented with other options I'd like to play them all.
Let's hope that 343i addresses this in the MCC fixes.
I mostly play Halo 4.
Everything else feels very outdated.
AllenBIH wrote:
I mostly play Halo 4.
Best not be talkin -Yoink- about halo 3, or else Zenity Studios and every literal halo youtuber will come at yo -Yoink-
AllenBIH wrote:
I mostly play Halo 4.
Funny joke.
The real question is how does any game other than H3 get chosen when the majority of the players in the match are H3 fanatics?
Simple answer for that: they don't!
The halo community is spoiled but even more entitled. I think a 343 employee even said this at one time..
The halo community is spoiled but even more entitled. I think a 343 employee even said this at one time..
There’s some weight to that argument but it can also be argued to be incorrect.

1) 343 has a vision for their games. They also have guidelines set by Microsoft that they have to meet, and tgey have to do so with a set amount of funding and time. They also face the difficult task of modernising Halo and keeping it relevant in an ever changing FPS market. To have some fans turn around and say 343’s efforts (often which take years of hard work to make) are bad must be painful for them to read, especially when fans claim they can do it better.

2) The fanbase is divided and suffers what I like to call ‘Sonic Syndrome’ (if you’re familiar with Sonic the Hedgehog’s games, you’ll know). Because of the different playstyles from the classics and the modern era, both parties claim the other is wrong, making it extremely difficult to please both.

3) The different playstyles. Basically similar to above, this served to fragment the fanbase. However, Halo needs to modernise to stay relevant. Whether Halo 4 or Halo 5 did it right is up to you but it cannot stay the same forever. One must also note that straying too far from a formula can also make things worse, which has lead to the fragmented fanbase.

Like I said, arguments for both and to a degree, 343 do have a point. Try to think of a Halo game that could please both fanbases, grow the franchise and not alienate either of the fanbases. It’s certainly not an easy thing to do.
The real question is how does any game other than H3 get chosen when the majority of the players in the match are H3 fanatics?
Simple answer for that: they don't!
Then how do people come up with these stories about CE or H2 getting chosen, then 70% of the players in the match end up quitting, therefore proving almost everyone in the match is an H3 fanatic? How did CE/H2 get chosen?

1) 343 has a vision for their games. They also have guidelines set by Microsoft that they have to meet, and tgey have to do so with a set amount of funding and time. They also face the difficult task of modernising Halo and keeping it relevant in an ever changing FPS market. To have some fans turn around and say 343’s efforts (often which take years of hard work to make) are bad must be painful for them to read, especially when fans claim they can do it better.

2) The fanbase is divided and suffers what I like to call ‘Sonic Syndrome’ (if you’re familiar with Sonic the Hedgehog’s games, you’ll know). Because of the different playstyles from the classics and the modern era, both parties claim the other is wrong, making it extremely difficult to please both.

3) The different playstyles. Basically similar to above, this served to fragment the fanbase. However, Halo needs to modernise to stay relevant. Whether Halo 4 or Halo 5 did it right is up to you but it cannot stay the same forever. One must also note that straying too far from a formula can also make things worse, which has lead to the fragmented fanbase.

Like I said, arguments for both and to a degree, 343 do have a point. Try to think of a Halo game that could please both fanbases, grow the franchise and not alienate either of the fanbases. It’s certainly not an easy thing to do.
Eh...i still think the community just likes to complain to be honest.
Plenty of times (most of the time) the game that got voted is the game I did not vote for. But I still play it and I still play to win. I don't cry and quit. Or pout and run about betraying people like a selfish little brat who didn't get his way. I didn't grow up with any of these games--I'm an old fart--so none of them are a magical part of my precious little childhood ... and maybe the age thing has something to do with it: I'm old enough to have the decency to sit down for ten minutes and play a match in a Halo game that isn't the specific Halo game I wanted without crying and having a little fit about it only to ruin it for everyone else. You know, the people who voted for it. That's how voting works. They're Halo games. They're games. Play the game for ten flippin' minutes and try not to let the tears and snot get in the way. The level of inconsiderate, entitled, selfish behavior makes me wonder if those who grew up with these games ever grew up. You think Combat Evolved has bad graphics? I grew up playing THIS.

Ok, now that the humor is out of the way, what did I just read in this thread? CE is not competitive, CE is too competitive, and CE is like CoD? CE Is the reason we have Halo and probably the only reason Xbox is still around, so show some respect! And if I find out anyone complaining about graphics plays Minecraft I'm gonna lose it! Oh wait, I'm still doing it. lol.

I think the thing with me is, I never stopped playing each game. Like, when Halo 3 released, I was still regularly playing CE & Halo 2 with friends. We would bounce around from game to game. I still do that. In fact, today I played Halo 5 & Halo 3. Yesterday I was playing CE & Halo 4. I played Reach not too long ago. So all these nuances between the games that throw people, like the wonky Battle Rifle in Halo 2 (or Halo 3, depending on which is or is not your particular Halo), melee lunge distance, swords mechanics, which grenades are nukes and which game allows how many, etc. These are all things that I've never had to adjust to except for when the games were new. I can hop into any Halo game and never feel like I lost my sea legs. Not that I don't suck, because I do ... but I still know how they all work and each always feels like second nature. (Though now that I think about it, maybe I suck because I don't stick to one game. I'm competent at all of them, but I don't devote all my Halo time to one title. But that's not important to me. It's more fun to play them all.)

And that may sound off topic, but it isn't. When it comes to CE & Halo 2, they can be rough. But once you put in the hours and find yourself on Prisoner after your teammate quits in the first 3 minutes, still holding your own, going 48-48 1v2, nothing is more exciting. No game has ever made my heart race like CE. But no game has ever broken my spirit like it either. Maybe Halo 2, I don't know. But their BTB modes are great for casual play. Especially CE. Point is, instead of quitting, put in the time, learn the ins & outs, and polish your skills (i.e, "git gud"), you'll have a good time. Then we won't have this problem because you'll be as excited for Blood Gulch as a Halo fan ought to be.
The halo community is spoiled and entitled. Nothing will ever be good enough.

343 gave us MCC...literally the entire Halo legacy in one game and kids complain. It's not us old timers it's the millenial generation in general.
Fomo wrote:
Sorry to all the CE guys but h1 is the only game other than h4 I cant stand playing. To me it’s just not competitive and just generally boring. Just my opinion
LMAO. Quote of the year right. CE not competitive. Oh boy.

Anyway, people generally don't like CE or H2 because they are bad at it, or they are really young and didn't play them in their prime. I would say the vast majority fall under one or both of those categories.
110% agreed.

In my opinion, CE and 2 are the most competitive. Halo 3 has random spread on the BR, taking out some skill and sprinkling a little bit of luck and a lat of randomness for Mid range Br duels. Halo 2 still plays the best for me, however CE is the most fun and has the most memorable maps overall (again imo).

Eh...i still think the community just likes to complain to be honest.

The halo community is spoiled and entitled. Nothing will ever be good enough.

343 gave us MCC...literally the entire Halo legacy in one game and kids complain. It's not us old timers it's the millenial generation in general.
...you can't be serious.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5