Eh...i still think the community just likes to complain to be honest.
The halo community is spoiled but even more entitled. I think a 343 employee even said this at one time..There’s some weight to that argument but it can also be argued to be incorrect.
1) 343 has a vision for their games. They also have guidelines set by Microsoft that they have to meet, and tgey have to do so with a set amount of funding and time. They also face the difficult task of modernising Halo and keeping it relevant in an ever changing FPS market. To have some fans turn around and say 343’s efforts (often which take years of hard work to make) are bad must be painful for them to read, especially when fans claim they can do it better.
2) The fanbase is divided and suffers what I like to call ‘Sonic Syndrome’ (if you’re familiar with Sonic the Hedgehog’s games, you’ll know). Because of the different playstyles from the classics and the modern era, both parties claim the other is wrong, making it extremely difficult to please both.
3) The different playstyles. Basically similar to above, this served to fragment the fanbase. However, Halo needs to modernise to stay relevant. Whether Halo 4 or Halo 5 did it right is up to you but it cannot stay the same forever. One must also note that straying too far from a formula can also make things worse, which has lead to the fragmented fanbase.
Like I said, arguments for both and to a degree, 343 do have a point. Try to think of a Halo game that could please both fanbases, grow the franchise and not alienate either of the fanbases. It’s certainly not an easy thing to do.
The halo community is spoiled and entitled. Nothing will ever be good enough.
343 gave us MCC...literally the entire Halo legacy in one game and kids complain. It's not us old timers it's the millenial generation in general.
Give me a reason to complain and I WILL!
1. Achievements not unlocking.
2. Co-op play randomly freezes.
3. Theatre is broke.
4. A map creator has to be online just to download the maps for custom games (how the hell do you have this issue in the mcc when this wasn't a thing in H4?).
5. The menu screen can lose its mind and duplicate itself.
6. Half the time I have to restart the game after finishing a game because the lobby won't reset
7. Lobby chat is rarely ever seen because it won't properly Work.
8. You can't use join in progress (which can screw over custom game nights, especially when the servers don't cooperate).
9. Post game stats can be inaccurate (love the ones showing I killed my team mates 20X).
10. Dedicated servers aren't actual dedicated servers.
the list can go on and on from the numerous bugs and glitches to just poor design choices in general like the cross play playlist.
so sure, you're right, 343 have us the mcc, they also gave us one of the most broken collection of games I've ever seen. What happened to their statement "play it like you did x years ago"? Hard to do when it doesn't play the same 👍 I mean why are pc ports on a console(another poor design choice)?
"Old timer" this, "millenial" that, smh no one cares. If you think millenials do nothing but complain, I'd argue they actually have standards 👍 Don't give people junk and they won't complain. To me it's perfectly justified to call out this collection after forking up the 60$ only to have it partly function.