Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

I don't get it. Why do people dislike CE/2/2A?

OP KidJaydenENY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
I think it's because for a lot of people it was their first Halo game. I've played Halo since CE so I'm partial to CE and 2's multiplayer myself. Halo 3 just feels too slow and floaty. Plus the field of view is ridiculous, it's like tunnel vision. It's almost like depth perception is slightly off with it. But Halo 3's is also probably the most casual and easy going, so I get why people like it. Halo:CE is nothing but nuclear grenades and god pistols while Halo 2 is get a BR or die. But I enjoy those games for their flaws more than 3's to be honest.

When I played Halo:CE's multiplayer not too long ago with some friends, it was the best time I've had with Halo in years. Same with the Halo 5 CE playlist they had for a while. It was the most fun I ever had with 5.

Just wished this game had dedicated BTB playlist for CE and 2. I miss playing Halo 2 Terminal and Relic and I've never got to experience Halo CE BTB because everyone is always voting Avalanche, Longshore or some other Halo 3 map.
People who dislike Halo CE and Halo 2 are the people who didn't grow up playing those games. They don't understand nor respect how great the games truly are.
I didn't grow up playing either of those games and I still think they're better than H3. Maybe CE and H2 are simply better than H3, or maybe I'm just tired of playing H3. The point is, you don't have to be around when games are released to fully respect them, it's merely a matter of preference, and since many people prefer better graphics over better gameplay, you can assume most modern gamers will dislike the first two games.
You're one of the rare few. In most cases, you had to have been around to fully understand and respect the games. Using Halo 2 an example, that game was the sole reason people bought an Xbox. It was the first time a Friends List was implemented and matchmaking was incredible! The game was glitchy but made the game all the more great. The problem came from the problem with modders and cheaters. In order to hit a level 50, which was the Halo Ring, you had to cheat. Bungie tried everything they could by resetting ranks several times and swung the banhammer as fast as they could but it was like The Flood. No matter what you did, the game was still infested. You had to be there and experience all that to truly respect and grasp how far things have come.

That's my opinion anyways
I don' mind, I'm personally not that good at h2c, h2a I like how good the shots register but it reminds me of halo 4 which I don' like.
I enjoy playing halo 3 for the 1v1 aspect. I think it was the best game to 1v1 on. I am going to try H2A for my next Halo LAN 1v1 tournament!
All those are good imo. I played the heck outta Halo 1 on PC, it was pro. Magnum was the gun.
Bulbaby wrote:
Part of my data collection over the years in the MCC has been asking quitters, dash boarders, and team betrayers why they do that in Halo CE and Halo 2. The response's I've gotten are mostly the graphics suck argument. That still doesn't give anyone the right to act like like a yoink and ruin the game for everyone else.
yutghjjgdhjkinmh
WHAT
By that logic Halo 3 is bad because it's graphics are outdated compared to H2A and 4. (checkmate)
I mean I dislike a lot of Halo games, but never for the graphics only.
Some people would disagree. Not necessarily graphics but at least the art style itself. I like Halo 3’s art style WAY more than Halo 4’s I think it’s terrible. Doesn’t keep me from playing the games I’ll play all of them but just saying to an extent he does have a point.
I just can't wait for the update to come out. Fingers crossed for something new to punish quitters too.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
v Stoney v wrote:
H2 is a broken game. Glitch everywhere , atrocious graphics , sword is more than broken and the noob combo (green gun)
Me bad? Feel free to invite me for some h3 custom ill show you who is the random. H3 br is way more skillful cause you need to lead your shot.
v Stoney v wrote:
H2 is a broken game. Glitch everywhere , atrocious graphics , sword is more than broken and the noob combo (green gun)
Me bad? Feel free to invite me for some h3 custom ill show you who is the random. H3 br is way more skillful cause you need to lead your shot.
Leading shots does not automatically equate to skill. The BR55HB SR does require shot leading, yes, but its spread is horrendous. The Halo 3 BR is incredibly inaccurate and is extremely impractical to use outside the RRR. But as bad as the H3 BR is, the other non-power weapons are even worse. Nearly every weapon that wasn't new to the series was nerfed into the ground; the AR and magnum might as well not be in the game for this reason. If you want a projectile weapon that takes skill to use, try the CE magnum. I'll take the H2 BR over the H3 version any day. At least it uses hitscan and is reliable to cross-map with, even if it has lots of bullet magnetism.
v Stoney v wrote:
H3 is trash in mcc, bruh. Hit detection is terrible, all other halos are fine. People just like to play h3 all the time because it takes the least amount of skill to play. H2 takes the most skill that's why all the h3 kids quit out when it gets voted it's hard for them to keep up with button combos like bxr and quad shotting. Literally anyone can play h3
v Stoney v wrote:
You also have to lead your shot with the ce pistol and sniper.
Halo CE owns all in terms of competitiveness. The aim assist is a lot less compared to the other games, you still have to lead your shots like in Halo 3, but your reticule has to be spot on someone for a bullet to hit unlike Halo 3 where you get more assist with it. Throw in fall damage, one touch return on CTF, you spawn where your team is making map control king, plasma weapons actually sting a person and makes them move slower, grenades that actually damage someone, a wide variety of small to big maps it's a win win.
Halo 2 is hard to play, and CE has many multiplayer problems such as horrible spawns. Both are fun, but to newer players they are hard to get into
Im really getting sick of playing halo 3 in the mixed game-types. I understand that a lot of people loved halo 3, but same goes for all the other halo's.
Halo 2 is hard to play, and CE has many multiplayer problems such as horrible spawns. Both are fun, but to newer players they are hard to get into
The spawns in CE only get crazy when it's 4v4 or more.

In 2v2, the spawn system is near-perfect and completely controllable if both players know what they're doing. Huge part of what makes the game the competitive powerhouse it was and still is. No other Halo has a spawn system even remotely comparable, and thus there is very little skill gap involved when it comes to spawning.

And H2 isn't hard at all. At least not at a low level. The skill gap is quite large: low floor, high ceiling. That and the pure simplicity of it is a huge part of what makes it such a great game. It's proof that you don't need all the gimmicks, microtransactions, loadouts, enhanced movement BS, etc. to make a great shooter. Simple is better, especially in arena-style shooters. After H2 is was all downhill, as much as I like H3. The game had the first inklings of BS and major attempts at slowing the game down and lowering the skill gap. Such as BR spread, removal of glitches altogether, equipment which nobody ever talks about (which led to armor abilities), etc.

H2 is also arguably the most fun (at least for 4v4 and FFA). Even though CE is the best and most competitive, H2 will always be my personal favorite.
The spawns in CE only get crazy when it's 4v4 or more.

In 2v2, the spawn system is near-perfect and completely controllable if both players know what they're doing. Huge part of what makes the game the competitive powerhouse it was and still is. No other Halo has a spawn system even remotely comparable, and thus there is very little skill gap involved when it comes to spawning.

And H2 isn't hard at all. At least not at a low level. The skill gap is quite large: low floor, high ceiling. That and the pure simplicity of it is a huge part of what makes it such a great game. It's proof that you don't need all the gimmicks, microtransactions, loadouts, enhanced movement BS, etc. to make a great shooter. Simple is better, especially in arena-style shooters. After H2 is was all downhill, as much as I like H3. The game had the first inklings of BS and major attempts at slowing the game down and lowering the skill gap. Such as BR spread, removal of glitches altogether, equipment which nobody ever talks about (which led to armor abilities), etc.

H2 is also arguably the most fun (at least for 4v4 and FFA). Even though CE is the best and most competitive, H2 will always be my personal favorite.
Let me make this clear, when I said H2 is hard I meant it is hard for newer players due to most who want to play it are really good, but yes it does have a low entry point.

The Halo matchmaking for CE will be 4v4, that's why I said that.

I prefer classic Halo, and I dislike microtransactions.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5