Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

I followed the wrong shepherd but I have returned.

OP Symnoptik

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Symnoptik wrote:
So, a long time ago, when these forums where black and blue, I was a frequent visitor. When Halo 4 came out, I was glad, but like many, I began to dislike the game for the faults that I could never look past. I trash talked 343i, and eventually left, following Bungie's new game who I hoped at that time would be the new Halo for me. Now not to say Destiny is a terrible game, because it's definitely well made, it's content however is lacking and now with the DLC on the horizon, it's just not worth future investment for me. But today, I saw IGN's video about Halo's Forge, and I was impressed, I didn't think 343i was going to listen to the community, but they have. I am thoroughly impressed. I realise now that I was too harsh on 343i, maybe I'm being too harsh on Bungie now even. But I am really looking forward to the MCC, and I can't wait to pour countless hours into the multiplayer which should hopefully pull me back in like it did so long ago. I'll probably even try and recreate one of my moderately successful Forge Maps, see if I can give back to the community a little.

Don't worry. Halo 4 resulted in many forum band for me as well. It's okay though. I feel with the direction Halo was headed, we needed to lash out at 343i. They understand how passionate we are about this game. This game was a major part of my childhood and I'll be damned if anyone is going to ruin it whether it's bungie or 343. Obviously being vocal helped 343 understand that the bar is set high and we will not accept a subpar game. Ppl say it's their game they can do what they want and I disagree. If it wasn't for us they wouldn't have the greatest jobs in the world. Therefore they better -Yoinking!- listen to us. Master Chief saves humanity. The least we can do is make sure the legacy of great games continue. Perhaps bungie will learn from destinys mishaps as 343/Microsoft apparently did. Your games are nothing without us.
Lashing out and being passionate are not the same. I am very passionate about Halo but I loved Halo 4, it was not subpar in any way for me. It wasn't faultless but no Halo game has been and I thought it was one of the best for me. As for "343i better listen", listen to who exactly? The Halo community is diverse with a wide range of opinions, whoever 343 listens to the rest will feel they are not being listened to. I don't know where this sense of entitlement has come from, 343i are under no obligation to do anything but make a game. The community does have ideas, sometimes good ideas, but ultimately 343i have the final say.
Never leave the Halo.
i completely agree 343 has completely redeemed themselves all hail 343
i felt the same way for halo 4 then i saw the forge gameplay and some halo 2 anniversary gameplay and just how well they redeemed themselves and will now always be a 343 fan all hail the 343!!
Symnoptik wrote:
So, a long time ago, when these forums where black and blue, I was a frequent visitor. When Halo 4 came out, I was glad, but like many, I began to dislike the game for the faults that I could never look past. I trash talked 343i, and eventually left, following Bungie's new game who I hoped at that time would be the new Halo for me. Now not to say Destiny is a terrible game, because it's definitely well made, it's content however is lacking and now with the DLC on the horizon, it's just not worth future investment for me. But today, I saw IGN's video about Halo's Forge, and I was impressed, I didn't think 343i was going to listen to the community, but they have. I am thoroughly impressed. I realise now that I was too harsh on 343i, maybe I'm being too harsh on Bungie now even. But I am really looking forward to the MCC, and I can't wait to pour countless hours into the multiplayer which should hopefully pull me back in like it did so long ago. I'll probably even try and recreate one of my moderately successful Forge Maps, see if I can give back to the community a little.


Don't worry. Halo 4 resulted in many forum band for me as well. It's okay though. I feel with the direction Halo was headed, we needed to lash out at 343i. They understand how passionate we are about this game. This game was a major part of my childhood and I'll be damned if anyone is going to ruin it whether it's bungie or 343. Obviously being vocal helped 343 understand that the bar is set high and we will not accept a subpar game. Ppl say it's their game they can do what they want and I disagree. If it wasn't for us they wouldn't have the greatest jobs in the world. Therefore they better -Yoinking!- listen to us. Master Chief saves humanity. The least we can do is make sure the legacy of great games continue. Perhaps bungie will learn from destinys mishaps as 343/Microsoft apparently did. Your games are nothing without us.

Lashing out and being passionate are not the same. I am very passionate about Halo but I loved Halo 4, it was not subpar in any way for me. It wasn't faultless but no Halo game has been and I thought it was one of the best for me. As for "343i better listen", listen to who exactly? The Halo community is diverse with a wide range of opinions, whoever 343 listens to the rest will feel they are not being listened to. I don't know where this sense of entitlement has come from, 343i are under no obligation to do anything but make a game. The community does have ideas, sometimes good ideas, but ultimately 343i have the final say.
First I never said being passionate and lashing out are the same thing so don't put words in my mouth. Secondly h4 may have been great for you and the other 1000 ppl that stuck around for it but the population drop after two weeks clearly indicated the gameplay wasn't up to par. 343i needs to listen to the majority of players here who want this franchise to stay true to their roots and hmmm looks like they are listening. Now before you go ask me to provide numbers to claim proof like I know you will I am going to point you back to the population of h4 and ask that you wait until we see what the population is of the MCC. My guess is the numbers for any previous game will be higher than h4. Your right the community is full of diverse opinions. Some good some bad. They need to stay true to the roots though. If not then don't call it halo and try to slide a quick one by me so you can pocket my $60. To answer your question my sense of entitlement comes from my wallet and my love for this game. Sorry but I'll take a forum ban to ensure 343 knows that I will not put up with the EA/Activision way of making games. Just slap some -Yoink- together and sell it. Like I said previously without us they have no game so you might as well listen to us. If there is no demand then there is no need for supply. If 343 wants to stay in business then they have an obligation to please the majority. I probably won't reply to anything you say bc we "lasher outters" have voiced our opinion and 343 has chosen to listen it seems. Look out for my annoyances with the halo 5 beta as I will ensure to voice my opinion again; therefore preventing the abomination of h4 ever being resurrected in future titles. Have a nice day!
Can we please differentiate campaign from MP?

Because 343 did awesomely in the campaign department....as for MP...well numbers don't lie....
I sold my copy of Destiny and the worst part of it all is I feel more disappointed than I ever did with 4 because Bungie messed up Destiny's story (If you want to call it that) and MP. While Halo 4's problem was mainly MP. Welcome Back!

My guess is the numbers for any previous game will be higher than h4. Your right the community is full of diverse opinions. Some good some bad. They need to stay true to the roots though. If not then don't call it halo and try to slide a quick one by me so you can pocket my $60. To answer your question my sense of entitlement comes from my wallet and my love for this game. Sorry but I'll take a forum ban to ensure 343 knows that I will not put up with the EA/Activision way of making games. Just slap some -Yoink- together and sell it. Like I said previously without us they have no game so you might as well listen to us. If there is no demand then there is no need for supply. If 343 wants to stay in business then they have an obligation to please the majority. I probably won't reply to anything you say bc we "lasher outters" have voiced our opinion and 343 has chosen to listen it seems. Look out for my annoyances with the halo 5 beta as I will ensure to voice my opinion again; therefore preventing the abomination of h4 ever being resurrected in future titles. Have a nice day!
...and what if Halo 4 is more popular than Halo 1-3? We don't know what was the main reason it dropped. Was it because it wasn't "true" enough, or because it was too much Halo for players who got use to CoD? Only time and MCC's playlists population will tell.

Any way 343i made very smart move with Halo 2 Anniversary and Forge. Right now "classic" fans will have constant injection on new content til the end of Xbox One (it's like in Quake 1-2 days, when anyone could make new map and add it roster of 6545936741 user-made maps). "Halo 5 isn't true Halo! It's as bad (or worse) as Halo 4! Remove sprint!" etc. - no problem! There's H2A, which will give you everything you want. For those of us, who would like see Halo multiplayer evolving, there's Halo 5. "Unsuccessful" Halo 4 and bad start of Xbox One was the best thing Halo fans/Xbox users could wish. Right now we're all served like noone else in the business.

My guess is the numbers for any previous game will be higher than h4. Your right the community is full of diverse opinions. Some good some bad. They need to stay true to the roots though. If not then don't call it halo and try to slide a quick one by me so you can pocket my $60. To answer your question my sense of entitlement comes from my wallet and my love for this game. Sorry but I'll take a forum ban to ensure 343 knows that I will not put up with the EA/Activision way of making games. Just slap some -Yoink- together and sell it. Like I said previously without us they have no game so you might as well listen to us. If there is no demand then there is no need for supply. If 343 wants to stay in business then they have an obligation to please the majority. I probably won't reply to anything you say bc we "lasher outters" have voiced our opinion and 343 has chosen to listen it seems. Look out for my annoyances with the halo 5 beta as I will ensure to voice my opinion again; therefore preventing the abomination of h4 ever being resurrected in future titles. Have a nice day!

...and what if Halo 4 is more popular than Halo 1-3? We don't know what was the main reason it dropped. Was it because it wasn't "true" enough, or because it was too much Halo for players who got use to CoD? Only time and MCC's playlists population will tell.

Any way 343i made very smart move with Halo 2 Anniversary and Forge. Right now "classic" fans will have constant injection on new content til the end of Xbox One (it's like in Quake 1-2 days, when anyone could make new map and add it roster of 6545936741 user-made maps). "Halo 5 isn't true Halo! It's as bad (or worse) as Halo 4! Remove sprint!" etc. - no problem! There's H2A, which will give you everything you want. For those of us, who would like see Halo multiplayer evolving, there's Halo 5. "Unsuccessful" Halo 4 and bad start of Xbox One was the best thing Halo fans/Xbox users could wish. Right now we're all served like noone else in the business.
I doubt it will be but u never know. I know I won't be playing it bc I have 1-3 to play. H4 wasn't unsuccessful in sales terms but in player retention it was a disaster. I agree with you completely on your second paragraph.
Symnoptik wrote:
So, a long time ago, when these forums where black and blue, I was a frequent visitor. When Halo 4 came out, I was glad, but like many, I began to dislike the game for the faults that I could never look past. I trash talked 343i, and eventually left, following Bungie's new game who I hoped at that time would be the new Halo for me. Now not to say Destiny is a terrible game, because it's definitely well made, it's content however is lacking and now with the DLC on the horizon, it's just not worth future investment for me. But today, I saw IGN's video about Halo's Forge, and I was impressed, I didn't think 343i was going to listen to the community, but they have. I am thoroughly impressed. I realise now that I was too harsh on 343i, maybe I'm being too harsh on Bungie now even. But I am really looking forward to the MCC, and I can't wait to pour countless hours into the multiplayer which should hopefully pull me back in like it did so long ago. I'll probably even try and recreate one of my moderately successful Forge Maps, see if I can give back to the community a little.


Don't worry. Halo 4 resulted in many forum band for me as well. It's okay though. I feel with the direction Halo was headed, we needed to lash out at 343i. They understand how passionate we are about this game. This game was a major part of my childhood and I'll be damned if anyone is going to ruin it whether it's bungie or 343. Obviously being vocal helped 343 understand that the bar is set high and we will not accept a subpar game. Ppl say it's their game they can do what they want and I disagree. If it wasn't for us they wouldn't have the greatest jobs in the world. Therefore they better -Yoinking!- listen to us. Master Chief saves humanity. The least we can do is make sure the legacy of great games continue. Perhaps bungie will learn from destinys mishaps as 343/Microsoft apparently did. Your games are nothing without us.


Lashing out and being passionate are not the same. I am very passionate about Halo but I loved Halo 4, it was not subpar in any way for me. It wasn't faultless but no Halo game has been and I thought it was one of the best for me. As for "343i better listen", listen to who exactly? The Halo community is diverse with a wide range of opinions, whoever 343 listens to the rest will feel they are not being listened to. I don't know where this sense of entitlement has come from, 343i are under no obligation to do anything but make a game. The community does have ideas, sometimes good ideas, but ultimately 343i have the final say.

First I never said being passionate and lashing out are the same thing so don't put words in my mouth. Secondly h4 may have been great for you and the other 1000 ppl that stuck around for it but the population drop after two weeks clearly indicated the gameplay wasn't up to par. 343i needs to listen to the majority of players here who want this franchise to stay true to their roots and hmmm looks like they are listening. Now before you go ask me to provide numbers to claim proof like I know you will I am going to point you back to the population of h4 and ask that you wait until we see what the population is of the MCC. My guess is the numbers for any previous game will be higher than h4. Your right the community is full of diverse opinions. Some good some bad. They need to stay true to the roots though. If not then don't call it halo and try to slide a quick one by me so you can pocket my $60. To answer your question my sense of entitlement comes from my wallet and my love for this game. Sorry but I'll take a forum ban to ensure 343 knows that I will not put up with the EA/Activision way of making games. Just slap some -Yoink- together and sell it. Like I said previously without us they have no game so you might as well listen to us. If there is no demand then there is no need for supply. If 343 wants to stay in business then they have an obligation to please the majority. I probably won't reply to anything you say bc we "lasher outters" have voiced our opinion and 343 has chosen to listen it seems. Look out for my annoyances with the halo 5 beta as I will ensure to voice my opinion again; therefore preventing the abomination of h4 ever being resurrected in future titles. Have a nice day!
I have no intention of asking you for proof of anything; the numbers are out there for everyone to see. For reasons that have been debated to death H4 multiplayer didn't have the legs of it's predecessors. I'm part of that group who have been there since the beginning so why shouldn't 343i listen to me and others that agree with me? I agree regarding the majority but alot of people like C.O.D and you aren't holding that up as an example of how to make a game. The population drop showed it wasn't what people wanted which is very different to it not being "up to par". I also have paid my money so I'm entitled to something by your logic yes? Who gets what they want when we want different things? I will also be voicing my opinion on the H5 beta so I get some of things I like in Halo 4 in the finished product for Halo 5 so I guess we're in for some fun.

Enjoy your day
They tried the cod method in 4 and it didn't work. Poor implementation. You should get what you want as well. Majority should rule when it comes to mm IMO. I prefer mlg settings but I know that it's NOT the majority but I couldn't even have mlg settings because 4 took away customization options. I'm all for your style of play as long as I can have mine. If it was up to par then the population wouldn't have dropped.... Come on you act like 344 can do no wrong.

had to edit. Forgot the word not and changed everything lol
Lol btw what was this topic about bro?
They tried the cod method in 4 and it didn't work. Poor implementation. You should get what you want as well. Majority should rule when it comes to mm IMO. I prefer mlg settings but I know that it's NOT the majority but I couldn't even have mlg settings because 4 took away customization options. I'm all for your style of play as long as I can have mine. If it was up to par then the population wouldn't have dropped.... Come on you act like 344 can do no wrong.

had to edit. Forgot the word not and changed everything lol
On that, we are in total agreement.

I don't think 343 can do no wrong, but I do think they got a heck of a lot more right than is made out but again, that's probably just me :)
Welcome home!
They tried the cod method in 4 and it didn't work. Poor implementation. You should get what you want as well. Majority should rule when it comes to mm IMO. I prefer mlg settings but I know that it's NOT the majority but I couldn't even have mlg settings because 4 took away customization options. I'm all for your style of play as long as I can have mine. If it was up to par then the population wouldn't have dropped.... Come on you act like 344 can do no wrong.

had to edit. Forgot the word not and changed everything lol

On that, we are in total agreement.

I don't think 343 can do no wrong, but I do think they got a heck of a lot more right than is made out but again, that's probably just me :)
I agree with you. They are on the road to redemption. I swore I would never buy another halo/343 game after h4 but this collection has given me confidence that 343 really does care about this franchise as much as we do.
Symnoptik wrote:
So, a long time ago, when these forums where black and blue, I was a frequent visitor. When Halo 4 came out, I was glad, but like many, I began to dislike the game for the faults that I could never look past. I trash talked 343i, and eventually left, following Bungie's new game who I hoped at that time would be the new Halo for me. Now not to say Destiny is a terrible game, because it's definitely well made, it's content however is lacking and now with the DLC on the horizon, it's just not worth future investment for me. But today, I saw IGN's video about Halo's Forge, and I was impressed, I didn't think 343i was going to listen to the community, but they have. I am thoroughly impressed. I realise now that I was too harsh on 343i, maybe I'm being too harsh on Bungie now even. But I am really looking forward to the MCC, and I can't wait to pour countless hours into the multiplayer which should hopefully pull me back in like it did so long ago. I'll probably even try and recreate one of my moderately successful Forge Maps, see if I can give back to the community a little.
The first 30 seconds are for you my fellow spartan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw
Once a spartan always a spartan. Welcome back soldier.
Welcome back man. Tell your friends.
Symnoptik wrote:
So, a long time ago, when these forums where black and blue, I was a frequent visitor. When Halo 4 came out, I was glad, but like many, I began to dislike the game for the faults that I could never look past. I trash talked 343i, and eventually left, following Bungie's new game who I hoped at that time would be the new Halo for me. Now not to say Destiny is a terrible game, because it's definitely well made, it's content however is lacking and now with the DLC on the horizon, it's just not worth future investment for me. But today, I saw IGN's video about Halo's Forge, and I was impressed, I didn't think 343i was going to listen to the community, but they have. I am thoroughly impressed. I realise now that I was too harsh on 343i, maybe I'm being too harsh on Bungie now even. But I am really looking forward to the MCC, and I can't wait to pour countless hours into the multiplayer which should hopefully pull me back in like it did so long ago. I'll probably even try and recreate one of my moderately successful Forge Maps, see if I can give back to the community a little.
Yeah i feel the pain of Bungies new title...
Note......Halo 4 was and still is an awesome game and people who play for campaign and Spartan ops are in no way disappointed by it ( generally) and I WILL take it over Destiny e every day of the week


No doubt, halo 4's campaign was one of the best and spartan ops blows CoD's spec ops out of the water.
I'd even go as far as to say spartan ops itself is better than destiny as a whole.

-brofist- could not have said it better

There is more storytelling on Spartan ops than there is in Destiny
Will Spartan Ops be in the MCC?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3