Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

I just bought MCC again and I love it

OP LaszloFreecs

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
After The Witcher 3, I'm pretty sure Halo MCC is my second most played game on the Xbox One.

Halo 4 in 1080p 60fps looks almost next gen, a credit to the excellent art style of the original 360 release.
Hey guys, I bougnt MCC again and I love it so much. I am finally able to play the older Halo games again. So much fun when you can just sot back, relax and enjoy the game not like in Halo 5 where you see full team sweaty tryhards (love Halo 5 BTW). I only got a few concerns.
So obv I'm gonna play Halo 3 the most, but I only got 1 problem with it and that is the shot delay. Sometimes I hit it, sometimes I don't and why is that? I hit him but it doesn't give me the hit.
There are some bugs in the game. Who said that it takes forever to find games? The only gamemodes for me which takes forever to find are Halo CE and H2A. It only takes me 20 second to find games. So the only thing 343I needs to do is fix the hit system in Halo 3 and fix the bugs then advertise MCC again and encourage Halo fans to give an other try. For that they should make MCC F2P for the christmas break so kids can play anytime. What do you think?
Uh...I get sweats all the time on mcc and h5 lol...
Will always enjoy playing MCC despite the issues, me and my wife play split screen on a regular basis, hopefully splitscreen will be back in Halo 6.
TRITONK175 wrote:
Said it from the start I think the MCC is one of the best collection's and games available for the Xbone. If anything, I'd say its a staple game. Unfortunately, with all the problems around launch and 343 taking their time to sort out the servers, I think it made a lot of people avoid it. But,if something gave it a little push I think it could be a massive success again.
I've played it A LOT more than Halo 5!!! To be honest, I think you'd struggle to find ANYONE who owns both the MCC and Halo 5 that's played Halo 5 more and/or prefers it to the MCC!!!
Afraid that's false. I play Halo 5 more and almost everyone I know who plays Halo 5 has them both and hardly touches MCC. I like both games just to be clear. Unfortunately I think that MCC really struggles from not having enough players. As a result the matchmaking is very lopsided and not as fun for casuals like me.
Klaus Walz wrote:
Will always enjoy playing MCC despite the issues, me and my wife play split screen on a regular basis, hopefully splitscreen will be back in Halo 6.
Now THAT'S a good wife.
TRITONK175 wrote:
Said it from the start I think the MCC is one of the best collection's and games available for the Xbone. If anything, I'd say its a staple game. Unfortunately, with all the problems around launch and 343 taking their time to sort out the servers, I think it made a lot of people avoid it. But,if something gave it a little push I think it could be a massive success again.
I've played it A LOT more than Halo 5!!! To be honest, I think you'd struggle to find ANYONE who owns both the MCC and Halo 5 that's played Halo 5 more and/or prefers it to the MCC!!!
Well, you're comparing one Halo game to four (five counting ODST) ... so ... duh?
TRITONK175 wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
Agreed. Despite its problems, I enjoy the game. I'm looking forward to winter break where I can play more.
Same, gonna work on the par time achievements next week.
If you'd be interested in running through any missions coop just let me know. I'm not a top tier player but I love Halo and I'm pretty decent. GT is GenocideViper.
tha Didact wrote:
TRITONK175 wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
Agreed. Despite its problems, I enjoy the game. I'm looking forward to winter break where I can play more.
Same, gonna work on the par time achievements next week.
If you'd be interested in running through any missions coop just let me know. I'm not a top tier player but I love Halo and I'm pretty decent. GT is GenocideViper.
I don't have Gold. Sorry mate.
TRITONK175 wrote:
Well, you're comparing one Halo game to four (five counting ODST) ... so ... duh?
I meant more in terms of polish, with Halo 5 generally working perfectly and the MCC being broken at launch and still having problems to this day.
what i love the most is the fact that we can se the original and new version at real time, just by pressing a botton
It's one of the games that you would replay a lot
Just curious, so OP sold the game then re-brought it? Why? A true fan of halo wouldn't return any halo game no matter how bad it is, unless the disc was physically unplayable :)
Hey guys need some help, im wondering if halo mcc is a good pick for a game. I know its four games and all but i have concerns if its gonna last. I want to buy buy mcc for the campagins of course but wondering if I finish the game around two times through is there still people playing on multiplayer for me to have fun with after. Any thoughts. Should I get it or an other game? Plus if your wondering Halo 5 was my first game I loved the multiplayer story was pretty bad the only reason i say pretty bad is becuase i didnt even pay attention thats how bad it was. I like the halo story and Im thinging of getting this or getting a copy of reach for backwards capabilities and another game.
I heard that some people in the US are getting 1-3 minute search times in MCC. I sure hope this is true...
Hey guys need some help, im wondering if halo mcc is a good pick for a game. I know its four games and all but i have concerns if its gonna last. I want to buy buy mcc for the campagins of course but wondering if I finish the game around two times through is there still people playing on multiplayer for me to have fun with after. Any thoughts. Should I get it or an other game? Plus if your wondering Halo 5 was my first game I loved the multiplayer story was pretty bad the only reason i say pretty bad is becuase i didnt even pay attention thats how bad it was. I like the halo story and Im thinging of getting this or getting a copy of reach for backwards capabilities and another game.
It is worth getting Halo MCC now. I only.have 30 sec - 1 min search time and I live in Europe.
Also it is so much fun having playing Halo CE - Halo 4. If I feel a little hit rusty I can play the other halo and vice versa. Trust me it is worth buying it
Happy you enjoy it now!
I always like playing MCC.

- Palmer
Scorrrrpio wrote:
I heard that some people in the US are getting 1-3 minute search times in MCC. I sure hope this is true...
I'm in the US and have even less of a search time. It'll depend on your time of day but the only time I need 3 minutes is searching something like Action Sack at 4am during a weekday (don't judge, y'all).
I cannot describe how excited I am to get my MCC copy in the mail in the coming weeks. There are a few video games that really paved the way for my fate as a lifelong gamer (born in 90 so while my older brother had NES, SNES, SEGA, I have very few memories of really enjoying them until after my PS1 days). DOOM, Hexen, and Mortal Kombat were of my very first gaming memories on PC. Metal Gear Solid and Crash Bandicoot are the games that stand out to me from my PS1 days. But a 4th of July trip down to Virginia where I played Halo CE on my cousin's brand new Xbox is what really made my decision to go with the Xbox instead of the PS2.. and from there I have never looked back.

Admittedly, I played Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 religiously (Campaign and LAN mostly) but took a many year hiatus until Halo 5 came out. So, as you can infer, there is a lot I missed. I can't wait to replay the campaigns from Ce-3, but I am really excited to play Halo 4's campaign, which I have heard many great things about. I'm not exactly sure why I waited so long to get MCC, but right now i'm peeing my pants in anticipation.
I cannot describe how excited I am to get my MCC copy in the mail in the coming weeks. There are a few video games that really paved the way for my fate as a lifelong gamer (born in 90 so while my older brother had NES, SNES, SEGA, I have very few memories of really enjoying them until after my PS1 days). DOOM, Hexen, and Mortal Kombat were of my very first gaming memories on PC. Metal Gear Solid and Crash Bandicoot are the games that stand out to me from my PS1 days. But a 4th of July trip down to Virginia where I played Halo CE on my cousin's brand new Xbox is what really made my decision to go with the Xbox instead of the PS2.. and from there I have never looked back.

Admittedly, I played Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 religiously (Campaign and LAN mostly) but took a many year hiatus until Halo 5 came out. So, as you can infer, there is a lot I missed. I can't wait to replay the campaigns from Ce-3, but I am really excited to play Halo 4's campaign, which I have heard many great things about. I'm not exactly sure why I waited so long to get MCC, but right now i'm peeing my pants in anticipation.
This is exactly why, despite the lingering bugs, I love MCC so much. I'm incredibly grateful for it and glad the population sustains multiplayer as well. Enjoy the game! The campaign works very well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3