Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

I just returned to MCC and...

OP TestyPine30

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I haven't played MCC in a while so today I gave it a shot and its bloody brilliant. I found a Team Halo 2 anniversary game within 3 minutes and it worked perfectly fine!!! (got a decent KDA to). Since I live in Ireland I go on the Xbox at 8:00pm when most US players are online. If this game launched fully functional god only knows how successful it could have been...
As nice as this is to hear (MCC is plenty of fun, when it works.), expect this thread to be moved to the MCC forum.
Seriously!? I haven't tried playing MCC since the day after i bought it. Maybe it's time to try it again...
H2a sucks..

I'm still waiting for them to fix h2c.
Typically I don't have problems with game times. I selfishly wish the game population went up, but it's amazing to see a game as poorly produced and managed as MCC was to still have a loyal following keeping it alive.
TGI LeCheS wrote:
H2a sucks..

H2A is the best Halo multiplayer there is. The only thing wrong with it is the low map count. Which wouldn't be a problem if 343 added forge maps to playlists other than infection
I think MCC is extremely underrated.
I think MCC is extremely underrated.
Agreed
I can't seem to find players!
TGI LeCheS wrote:
H2a sucks..

H2A is the best Halo multiplayer there is. The only thing wrong with it is the low map count. Which wouldn't be a problem if 343 added forge maps to playlists other than infection
are you being serious ?
Halo 2a is ok. But its nowhere near to be the best Halo multiplayer...
TGI LeCheS wrote:
TGI LeCheS wrote:
H2a sucks..

are you being serious ?
Hey its my opinion man. I love it. Its my favorite. Its leagues better than Halo 3 to me, but every Halo to me.
TGI LeCheS wrote:
TGI LeCheS wrote:
H2a sucks..

are you being serious ?
Hey its my opinion man. I love it. Its my favorite. Its leagues better than Halo 3 to me, but every Halo to me.
I think Halo 2A is a solid entry for what it was. It didn't receive 3 years dev time or a full budget or access to resources. Yet despite that, Certain Affinity has made a very fun MP mode. For me Halo 2 sits somewhere amongst Halo 2 and 3. There are certain aspects of Halo 2A I prefer, and the same goes for Halo 3 and Halo 2C.

I've been pushing an idea to Ske7ch to take to 343i to consider, but it would see Halo 2A be expanded with elements from Halo 3 (Mostly vehicles, maps, and weapons) and for the game to become its own Title. Rebranded as something like "Halo: Arena" and launched as a successor to the classic Halo gameplay. I have a thread about it that Ske7ch responded to if you feel like supporting the idea.

Response to the bold: Halo 5 would have been dead a long time ago if it weren't for Forge maps. Forge is the only thing really supporting Halo 5. The only content 343i added to the game (really) was REQs and remixes. The only thing that supported the Arena in Halo 5 and kept the game fresh was Forge maps from the community.
I played MCC today mainly because lag is pervasive for me in H5. The first game was fun, even though people quit or lagged out. Unfortunately, my fire team glitched out after that and we spent 15 minutes just trying to get the 4 of us back together in a lobby, unsuccessfully. It's fun, so long as it works.
I played MCC today mainly because lag is pervasive for me in H5. The first game was fun, even though people quit or lagged out. Unfortunately, my fire team glitched out after that and we spent 15 minutes just trying to get the 4 of us back together in a lobby, unsuccessfully. It's fun, so long as it works.
I get "game sessioned" a lot. More so than any one else I play with. I always quit and restart the game when it happens, because it will prevent me from rejoining. If that doesn't work we all do it, then we hard reset.

usually after that we can play some more.
The game just needs to clean up remainder of its bugs make it games with gold full up the population abit and game should be playable again
So, its working smooth again?! I may have to rub the dust of this bad boy
I haven't played MCC in a while so today I gave it a shot and its bloody brilliant. I found a Team Halo 2 anniversary game within 3 minutes and it worked perfectly fine!!! (got a decent KDA to). Since I live in Ireland I go on the Xbox at 8:00pm when most US players are online. If this game launched fully functional god only knows how successful it could have been...
Exactly! It's come a long way since launch. The matchmaking has had a complete 180 of what it used to be.
MCC is a ton of fun. I just wish that it was a bit more populated. It's hard to find a match in anything but Team Slayer and Big Team.
TGI LeCheS wrote:
H2a sucks..

Idk man.... I feel like Halo 2 Anniversary is the equivalent of "Baby's First Halo" due to how insane the aim assist is. It's nearly impossible not to get a headshots where as the other Halo games actually required you to aim to get kills. Halo 2 Anniversary BR fights just come down to who shot first.
Are you actually serious? So you can actually find matches on Halo MCC faster? That is amazing to hear. My biggest regret was to trade MCC to COD AW (Back then it was a good decision but now it was not). I'm currently watching MCC on twitch and it seems like you can find games pretty quick. On black friday I hope the MCC going to get at least 50% or 75% discount so I can afford it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2