Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

I kind of wish ODST's firefight was in MCC

OP Ravenpaw14

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
It's the only thing to be excluded from it, and I'm not sure why. I love that they added Reach Firefight, but ODST's has a greatly different feel to it, and I, for one, would love to have matchmaking for that too. Idk, just something that came to mind as I play through ODST again. Thoughts?
Ravenpaw14 wrote:
It's the only thing to be excluded from it, and I'm not sure why. I love that they added Reach Firefight, but ODST's has a greatly different feel to it, and I, for one, would love to have matchmaking for that too. Idk, just something that came to mind as I play through ODST again. Thoughts?
Absolutely agree. Reach firefight is fine, but it was nothing like the actual struggle that ODST's was. It was way more like an actual survival game mode than an arcadey game mode, which I feel like Reach's is like.
Hoping with the work coming up for the games coming to PC they bring this over for us. We have Spartan Ops for 4, and Firefight for Reach.

What would really knock it out the park is to add matchmaking! I played in it's prime but without matchmaking it was difficult to get a game going.
iRaiseHell wrote:
What would really knock it out the park is to add matchmaking! I played in it's prime but without matchmaking it was difficult to get a game going.
That would be cool, but they would have to modify it quite a bit to make it matchmaking suitable. If 1 player quits, the whole game ends for everyone. Also the match has no definite end goal until everyone dies. They would have to allow for some gametype editing to set a time limit or set limit plus rework the whole networking side.
I keep asking for this but one issue at the moment for ODST Firefight is in the original version (which is why it will take some time to get this working properly), there is no way to specify when a Firefight match will end (or the length of it), it was just assumed when all your lives are gone, then the match will end. the main issue here is it can go on forever, with no end to the firefight match, so a trigger to end the match at like 1 set complete (like it is currently with Reach Firefight) is needed (we need more options to change around in ODST, if not well then specify in matchmaking when to end). The only things you can change around in the lobby before you start a Firefight match is the difficulty and 4 silver skulls.

Also for Spartan Ops right now, I believe this should get matchmaking support as well because that already is built with each mission having an end compared to ODST (with each mission takes about 10-20 minutes in a team of 4, maybe less so its a good length for a matchmaking experience) and you can just play each mission at random like a firefight mission (so if you want to experience the story of the spartan ops from episode 1-10, you can go in solo by yourself or with your own coop team and play them in order like it is right now, like a very long campaign, its not a very good campaign story wise but its part of the lore). And you could get XP after each mission you play like with Reach Firefight! Reach Firefight is going to get boring to only playing that after a while pretty soon and we need more content from other games to fill out this mode to keep it interesting!

Honestly having Reach, ODST and Spartan Ops in the same Firefight menu would totally fill out the content for good in this menu (as there isn't anymore content left to add in anyways after this if this will be the final amount of legacy content for us to play). When 343 gets to Halo 4, they should move the Spartan Ops menu out of the campaign section and move it to the Firefight section since it will be better suited there.
The only way this would work is if there was matchmaking for it bro.
I would be happy with just the original firefight in. Matchmaking would be a bonus
I keep asking for this but one issue at the moment for ODST Firefight is in the original version (which is why it will take some time to get this working properly), there is no way to specify when a Firefight match will end (or the length of it), it was just assumed when all your lives are gone, then the match will end. the main issue here is it can go on forever, with no end to the firefight match, so a trigger to end the match at like 1 set complete (like it is currently with Reach Firefight) is needed (we need more options to change around in ODST, if not well then specify in matchmaking when to end). The only things you can change around in the lobby before you start a Firefight match is the difficulty and 4 silver skulls.

Also for Spartan Ops right now, I believe this should get matchmaking support as well because that already is built with each mission having an end compared to ODST (with each mission takes about 10-20 minutes in a team of 4, maybe less so its a good length for a matchmaking experience) and you can just play each mission at random like a firefight mission (so if you want to experience the story of the spartan ops from episode 1-10, you can go in solo by yourself or with your own coop team and play them in order like it is right now, like a very long campaign, its not a very good campaign story wise but its part of the lore). And you could get XP after each mission you play like with Reach Firefight! Reach Firefight is going to get boring to only playing that after a while pretty soon and we need more content from other games to fill out this mode to keep it interesting!

Honestly having Reach, ODST and Spartan Ops in the same Firefight menu would totally fill out the content for good in this menu (as there isn't anymore content left to add in anyways after this if this will be the final amount of legacy content for us to play). When 343 gets to Halo 4, they should move the Spartan Ops menu out of the campaign section and move it to the Firefight section since it will be better suited there.
Well, there was an achievement for it, so I assume they could make completing that the end condition...
And I agree about Spartan Ops.
Of course.
Ravenpaw14 wrote:

Well, there was an achievement for it, so I assume they could make completing that the end condition...
If your talking about Vidmaster Endure, no that should be kept to just the original Coop experience with inviting people as the original achievement states back on the 360 version, it would take too long as a matchmaking match. 1 set is honestly long enough. Getting past 4 sets is no easy feat!
Ravenpaw14 wrote:
Of course.
If there was Matchmaking, I would be playing it more than Reach's Firefight.
Ravenpaw14 wrote:
Yeah Ik how u feel. It's like harder than reach's especially on legendary. No shields or anything just u has an ODST taking on waves of Covenant. The old days...
People have been asking for and ODST firefight since it originally came out. The Reach firefight just seems to arcade like and not survival. Bungie and 343 have been suspiciously quite about ODST firefight as if they don't like how popular it is. I would love an updated ODST firefight true survival came time. Game goes on as long as you are still alive. Custom ODST characters or even from the new ODST team in Halo Wars 2 would be great.
If they decide to include ODST Firefight, on the map Security Zone, I'd like them to swap out the Chieftain drums for Marty's "Uphill Both Ways" ODST version. That track is great, and I've wanted to try Firefight with it. That's the map it really goes with. Lost Platoon would work well too.
Maybe once ODST comes to PC, we'll have Firefight for it. I hope so.
My guess is it won't. I believe it will be a selling point for Infinite. Hopefully. They are going back to roots, so they will want something to push the new game.
Pluto70 wrote:
My guess is it won't. I believe it will be a selling point for Infinite. Hopefully. They are going back to roots, so they will want something to push the new game.
True.
Pluto70 wrote:
I would tend to disagree on the fact that they won't bring it back for this exact reason. To take the words from a Halo Youtuber I watched lately (don't remember which one :/ but I think it was HiddenXperia), the nostalgia around MCC is there to hook you back in Halo and I agree with this statement. If they put ODST firefight in the MCC, I'm pretty confident that it will draw some attention and that it will be a nice transition to Infinite if they are going back to roots. In other words, ODST firefight could act as advertising for Infinite.
Ravenpaw14 wrote:

If your talking about Vidmaster Endure, no that should be kept to just the original Coop experience with inviting people as the original achievement states back on the 360 version, it would take too long as a matchmaking match. 1 set is honestly long enough. Getting past 4 sets is no easy feat!
They don't need to add matchmaking to it. Just like spartan ops.
SN1P3RODST wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
I would tend to disagree on the fact that they won't bring it back for this exact reason. To take the words from a Halo Youtuber I watched lately (don't remember which one :/ but I think it was HiddenXperia), the nostalgia around MCC is there to hook you back in Halo and I agree with this statement. If they put ODST firefight in the MCC, I'm pretty confident that it will draw some attention and that it will be a nice transition to Infinite if they are going back to roots. In other words, ODST firefight could act as advertising for Infinite.
I think that was their point with adding Reach and the whole new ranking system. Suck us in with that for the year. It wouldn't make sense to add in ODST firefight inbetween Reach/Ranking system and Infinite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3