Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

I kind of wish ODST's firefight was in MCC

OP Ravenpaw14

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Me too, dude! It just feels like Halo 3 isn’t complete without it! I understand about the adjustments they would have to make, but for me, (As a guy who started with the MCC.) Halo 3 is the stranded release AND the ODST campaign disc. (And a convenient Halo 3: Mythic for my friends birthday...) There are other things that bother me, such as the absence of Halo 4 DLC cosmetics.
Please give us ODST Firefight :/
Also bring back Score Attack back from Reach where you can play solo Firefight
Pluto70 wrote:
SN1P3RODST wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Maybe once ODST comes to PC, we'll have Firefight for it. I hope so.
My guess is it won't. I believe it will be a selling point for Infinite. Hopefully. They are going back to roots, so they will want something to push the new game.
I would tend to disagree on the fact that they won't bring it back for this exact reason. To take the words from a Halo Youtuber I watched lately (don't remember which one :/ but I think it was HiddenXperia), the nostalgia around MCC is there to hook you back in Halo and I agree with this statement. If they put ODST firefight in the MCC, I'm pretty confident that it will draw some attention and that it will be a nice transition to Infinite if they are going back to roots. In other words, ODST firefight could act as advertising for Infinite.
I think that was their point with adding Reach and the whole new ranking system. Suck us in with that for the year. It wouldn't make sense to add in ODST firefight inbetween Reach/Ranking system and Infinite.
I don't think Reach alone (and certainly not the new ranking system in its present state) is enough to keep our attention for a year. In my opinion it is the gradual release on PC of the rest of the MCC (possibly including ODST firefight) that will. Also, I don't see why it would not make sense to add ODST firefight if people are asking for it.
SN1P3RODST wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
SN1P3RODST wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Maybe once ODST comes to PC, we'll have Firefight for it. I hope so.
My guess is it won't. I believe it will be a selling point for Infinite. Hopefully. They are going back to roots, so they will want something to push the new game.
I would tend to disagree on the fact that they won't bring it back for this exact reason. To take the words from a Halo Youtuber I watched lately (don't remember which one :/ but I think it was HiddenXperia), the nostalgia around MCC is there to hook you back in Halo and I agree with this statement. If they put ODST firefight in the MCC, I'm pretty confident that it will draw some attention and that it will be a nice transition to Infinite if they are going back to roots. In other words, ODST firefight could act as advertising for Infinite.
I think that was their point with adding Reach and the whole new ranking system. Suck us in with that for the year. It wouldn't make sense to add in ODST firefight inbetween Reach/Ranking system and Infinite.
I don't think Reach alone (and certainly not the new ranking system in its present state) is enough to keep our attention for a year. In my opinion it is the gradual release on PC of the rest of the MCC (possibly including ODST firefight) that will. Also, I don't see why it would not make sense to add ODST firefight if people are asking for it.
Yes, to clarify, I did mean the whole roll out of Reach, PC roll out and ranking system. People have been asking forever... so I don't see them doing it now. However, I would love to be wrong since it it by far my favorite.
Guys If your saw the Modding Blog Post on PC seen here today, under the Zeddikins section, there are three screenshots of ODST Firefight being played by Sergeant Johnson using Flood modified in the Firefight maps (which there was no flood on ODST at all originally). I am getting a suspicious feeling that under the section, with the text, nothing about ODST Firefight was talked about, but why would Postums just randomly put up screenshots from that mode, which is not even in the MCC yet? I think we may actually be seeing an announcement coming sometime soon if 343 is going to be doing Firefight in ODST. I understand its probably something Lord Zedd worked on for a mod for the game back on the original 360 version but honestly Postums could have put up other photos of other mods he did but he decided to put up, which I find suspiciously interesting...

I mean honestly from a modding point of view, why not have access to ODST Firefight to mod it anyways? GameCheat with his Warzone mod for Halo Reach Firefight, carry this over to ODST Firefight and we'll be golden! Also the work also talked about in the post regarding the multiplayer model for the PvE might be another hint we may be seeing more coming to Firefight in the future.
Guys If your saw the Modding Blog Post on PC seen here today, under the Zeddikins section, there are three screenshots of ODST Firefight being played by Sergeant Johnson using Flood modified in the Firefight maps (which there was no flood on ODST at all originally). I am getting a suspicious feeling that under the section, with the text, nothing about ODST Firefight was talked about, but why would Postums just randomly put up screenshots from that mode, which is not even in the MCC yet? I think we may actually be seeing an announcement coming sometime soon if 343 is going to be doing Firefight in ODST. I understand its probably something Lord Zedd worked on for a mod for the game back on the original 360 version but honestly Postums could have put up other photos of other mods he did but he decided to put up, which I find suspiciously interesting...

I mean honestly from a modding point of view, why not have access to ODST Firefight to mod it anyways? GameCheat with his Warzone mod for Halo Reach Firefight, carry this over to ODST Firefight and we'll be golden! Also the work also talked about in the post regarding the multiplayer model for the PvE might be another hint we may be seeing more coming to Firefight in the future.
I mean... its all about mods. He posted a lot of pictures but I doubt any of those are coming to MCC.
Pluto70 wrote:

I mean... its all about mods. He posted a lot of pictures but I doubt any of those are coming to MCC.
Well, we never know...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
If they add it i would love to see a flood version aswell. I can remember it was in mods back in the day but not in a single official halo game.
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
the absence of Halo 4 DLC cosmetics.
This! This! No McFarlane toy weapon skins. No armour skins of any kind. And no DLC armour (Ricochet, Prefect, ODST, Mjolnir Mk. V).
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
This! This! No McFarlane toy weapon skins. No armour skins of any kind. And no DLC armour (Ricochet, Prefect, ODST, Mjolnir Mk. V).
I really hope they add it and integrate them all into the exp system. It would make perfect sense.
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
I really hope they add it and integrate them all into the exp system. It would make perfect sense.
It would indeed make perfect sense. They will have to fill up the next seasons somehow :)
If they add it i would love to see a flood version aswell. I can remember it was in mods back in the day but not in a single official halo game.
I'm honestly surprised it wasn't an add on in ODST. A normal (highly trained) human versus an onslaught of flood? That is a true survival mode.
Pluto70 wrote:
I'm honestly surprised it wasn't an add on in ODST. A normal (highly trained) human versus an onslaught of flood? That is a true survival mode.
A nice touch to add, if its say 4 players...with the last remaining lives upon death, the spartan bodies turn into flood and continue to attack the surviving players.
Sadly, i dont think odst will ever get firefight.
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
It WOULD MAKE IT SO MUCH BETTER
I would love for it as well. With dedicated servers so its actually playable with people online.
Pluto70 wrote:
Yeah me too.it was a big oppurtunity but i guess that bungie just wanted to finish reach quickly and move on.
Me too.
Boy am I glad I found this thread! I was about to make my own; I wasn't sure quite where to look for people sharing similar sentiments about this game mode!

Reading through the postings already made, there are some things I agree with, like releasing the ODST Firefight experience with the PC drop. While I think it was a huge missed opportunity to release a complete ODST package back in 2015, I could understand wanting to play it safe, and just focus on one mode (unlike their experience with releasing Halo 5 at the time).

Then came Reach - it would've been nice to pair the releases of both Firefight versions, but again for the sake of the fidelity of the Reach re-release on MCC, just focusing on Reach was the right thing to do. Especially as it was a dual release on the MCC and PC.

But now we are looking down the line at the next titles: CE, 2, 3, ODST, 4. There were some great ideas mentioned here about moving all the Firefight and Spartan Ops game modes under the Firefight tab with some of these releases, and I think that'd be great. Though I'm not sure about matchmaking for them, mostly because of what Strictcleave112 had mentioned before. I think these modes would be fine just as local game types that support cooperative play, and leaving Reach Firefight to be the only one with matchmaking. We know how 343 has struggled quite a bit with MCC's matchmaking lifecycle since 2014. No doubt they've made tremendous improvements, but I don't think that's a necessary burden, especially since the original modes never included matchmaking.

But, I also think there may be something to the shared images with Johnson in Firefight against the Flood - I think and hope that it may come with the release of ODST to the PC, or at least soon after/just before. While tough, from my understanding it's not like they're building each of these games from the ground up for the PC. They don't have to simultaneously release with Xbox, and they will get plenty of practice with only the base titles in CE-3.

Unless my estimations of the real gravity of the work for these projects are wrong (which honestly they easily could be), I don't think there is much of any excuse to not include ODST Firefight around the PC release of ODST. Especially given the modding teasers from the previously mentions post. It's my understanding too that teasers usually mean something relevant is in the works.

And a last note on Firefight for Infinite, I would think that the best way to advertise for that, would be to first release it on MCC - as some people had similarly mentioned. It' the perfect testing ground for traditional content, and everything in Infinite we've seen so far has been calling back in some way to previous issues in the community, mostly revolving around design choices. (Again, my fallible understanding of the product). I don't think they'd dare to really focus on ODST yet until they really gave it a test run in MCC. But that said, Infinite releases this year (assuming no delays or unexpected issues). If it's not in the game plan already, I don't think 343'd be confident enough to pull a Halo 2 and be adding things to the game pretty much up till the week before release.

And I'd be totally down for more Firefight achievements, including the return of Endure!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3