Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

I know I'm not the best at multiplayer but dang.

OP Doncut97

I'm average at multiplayer and was semi decent in Halo 3 on the xbox 360 but it feels so different on the xbox one in MCC and i'm straight trash at it on here. this isn't just a me thing right?
How do you know you were average or semi decent? Hahaha just kidding... If you ask me there is an adjustment time to get used to the game running at 60fps vs the 30fps it used to run at. Also if you as me H3 probably runs the worse out of all the Halos in MCC. The only time I play it now is for lone wolves and that is rare and only because I absolutely love FFA, if there was another match making option for FFA I would never play H3 in MCC.
LethalQ wrote:
How do you know you were average or semi decent? Hahaha just kidding... If you ask me there is an adjustment time to get used to the game running at 60fps vs the 30fps it used to run at. Also if you as me H3 probably runs the worse out of all the Halos in MCC. The only time I play it now is for lone wolves and that is rare and only because I absolutely love FFA, if there was another match making option for FFA I would never play H3 in MCC.
hahahahaha usually in Halo 3 I'd be able to pull my weight in team games and be on par with my teammates but recently it feels like half my shots don't hit anymore. lol it just feels weird. hahahah, i'll still play Rumble Pit on 360 Halo 3 and usually get top 2 in matches. Heck I'd be playing Halo 3 on the 360 right now if i could find actual games and not endless searching. ah the good ole days
H3 on the MCC needs work, I can generally hold my own on the other titles, but H3 I seem to shoot health at the enemy.
ZombieP1ow wrote:
H3 on the MCC needs work, I can generally hold my own on the other titles, but H3 I seem to shoot health at the enemy.
Lol classic!!! Thanks Zombie this made me laugh 😂
I think it's just the average H3 has gotten better over the last 10 years.
LethalQ wrote:
you were definitely correct my friend, i'm starting to get more use to halo 3 on mcc now. well that is when half my team isn't afk. lol
Doncut97 wrote:
I'm average at multiplayer and was semi decent in Halo 3 on the xbox 360 but it feels so different on the xbox one in MCC and i'm straight trash at it on here. this isn't just a me thing right?
It's not just you. I've had difficulty getting used to playing all the Halo's on the MCC as well. It may be because I'm more used to playing in 30 fps like those games were on the original Xbox and Xbox 360. But, now with the addition of the ability to change the controller "dead zone" settings, my aiming has improved. The Xbox One controllers I use have a problem with the right thumbstick where it's super sensitive, and the slightest tap causes me to slowly look up. Out of all the games, I'm the worst at Halo 5.
Doncut97 wrote:
Its not you its a different feel. Just like you im not the best with the BR but i am straight trash at Halo 3 on the master chief collection because of the 60fps. Getting atleast 10 kills on original Halo3 at 30fps was easy actually i was one of the guys who usually got mvp on regular Halo3 team slayer. On here ill be lucky if i get 10 kills doesnt matter if i play hardcore or not. I was atleast a 30 on regular Halo3 team slayer, but on here im only a 15 lol. So its definitely not just you experience this.
I would also point out that at this point you may be playing more with people who have more experience and are in general better at the game. my 2 cents.

along with what everyone above has also said is a part of it on top of that.
I would also point out that at this point you may be playing more with people who have more experience and are in general better at the game. my 2 cents.

probably as i do find others in my matches of equally or greater skilled than me who end up on opposite teams, i do somehow end up being paired with yoink's who manage to just feed the enemy team kills or afk entire matches. smh. usually i'm better at the game in situations where my teammates actually provide help in matches and play the game like a team. lol
Sometimes I can 4 shot, but most of the time it takes 7 hits, because of the input lag in Halo 3.

I took a five year break, sucking at something is how you get better at it, don't quit. have fun, at the end of the day, it's still a game.
I can relate to this on a spiritual level. I used to be a lvl 46/47 in Halo 3 on 360, but now as a lvl 20, I get wrecked and destroyed on a regular basis. I feel like it's partially because of former MCC 50s climbing up the ranks and/or playing on smurf accounts. I've literally heard people in lobbies laughing about how they love wrecking "kids and noobs" on their smurf accounts to warm up before playing on their main. Sad, but just way the game is now.