Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

I'm a 3 going against 10's in Team Slayer, really?

OP XeDRAGONWOLFeX

So yeah after not playing MP for like 2 months, decided to jump into Team Slayer, and oh yeah I got matched up against all 1's. Won that match, then got matched up against 5's. I got up to a 2 and I was lucky enough to be skilled against 2's and 3's maybe even some 4's. Then once I ranked up to 3, I started getting matched up with level 8's!! Are you being absolutely SERIOUS right now? But then again, the population likely isn't big enough to maintain the damn working ranking system...I made a thread a while ago before I left these forums Which is here (might wanna scroll up) and I was 100% serious when I wrote that. It's unbelievable that there so still so many issues with this game that the ranking system doesn't even work along with everything else. I gave this game 2 chances and third times not the charm.

I'll be trading in my copy tomorrow. Funny how I have more fun on Advanced Warfare then a game I've been a fan of for 10 years of my damn life. Then again, that game actually works.

I sincerely hope Halo 5's Ranking system is an actual working one..but I'm keeping my expectations severely low.

For any who say, yeah but you'll be back tomorrow...

I'm not kidding

http://imgur.com/DHeuikI
There aren't enough players on TMCC to get perfect matches. If the player population count was higher then you would be getting matches with much closer skill levels across the board and faster search times to boot.
From what I've been seeing, there seems to be about a 10-15 rank tolerance at the moment. You said yourself, the population is low. Also, the ranks are fresh and they are still balancing out.
There aren't enough players on TMCC to get perfect matches. If the player population count was higher then you would be getting matches with much closer skill levels across the board and faster search times to boot.
I know there aren't enough players, I explained that in my OP nonetheless, I'm uninstalling this tonight, I'm not supporting this game any longer.
MAX2107 wrote:
From what I've been seeing, there seems to be about a 10-15 rank tolerance at the moment. You said yourself, the population is low. Also, the ranks are fresh and they are still balancing out.
The ranks themselves are still balancing it out or 343 is trying to balance out ranks with a low population? That don't work both ways.
MAX2107 wrote:
The ranks themselves are still balancing it out or 343 is trying to balance out ranks with a low population? That don't work both ways.
The ranks themselves.
MAX2107 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
The ranks themselves.
They should've been balanced out to begin with. The Ranking System is working exactly the same way Halo 2 Aniversarys was when I started playing and that was last month.
Sorry for the confusion, I think you are misunderstanding me. The ranks are still being balanced out among the players. The longer we play, the more people will start to settle in to their ranks. Since they were reset, everyone is making their way out of the gates. Give it some more time and you will start being matched up with a smaller rank tolerance.
So yeah after not playing MP for like 2 months, decided to jump into Team Slayer, and oh yeah I got matched up against all 1's. Won that match, then got matched up against 5's. I got up to a 2 and I was lucky enough to be skilled against 2's and 3's maybe even some 4's. Then once I ranked up to 3, I started getting matched up with level 8's!! Are you being absolutely SERIOUS right now? But then again, the population likely isn't big enough to maintain the damn working ranking system...I made a thread a while ago before I left these forums Which is here (might wanna scroll up) and I was 100% serious when I wrote that. It's unbelievable that there so still so many issues with this game that the ranking system doesn't even work along with everything else. I gave this game 2 chances and third times not the charm.

I'll be trading in my copy tomorrow. Funny how I have more fun on Advanced Warfare then a game I've been a fan of for 10 years of my damn life. Then again, that game actually works.

I sincerely hope Halo 5's Ranking system is an actual working one..but I'm keeping my expectations severely low.

For any who say, yeah but you'll be back tomorrow...

I'm not kidding

http://imgur.com/DHeuikI
I honestly don't See the problem here considering Level Ones Were Getting Matched Against Fiftys Before The Update.

Edit: Also The Original Ranking System Had A 4-5 Level Gap As Well So 3-8 Match Up Seems Fine To me.
Im rank 8 and seem to never get people higher than 20, which is a massive improvement, and im fine with it. before update i was a 15 on H2A and getting 50's.
lol a 10 lvl difference has always been there in ranked. That's how it's suppose to work. With halo 2 you had a 10 lvl difference max and halo 3 the same.

So stop whining and go play
lol a 10 lvl difference has always been there in ranked. That's how it's suppose to work. With halo 2 you had a 10 lvl difference max and halo 3 the same.

Some people, like myself, seem to be on the receiving end of a 10 rank difference every single game - meaning we're losing almost every single game. Halo 2 only resorted to a 10 rank difference when the population was so low that it couldn't match you evenly, which is what's happening here.
Monitor SC wrote:

Some people, like myself, seem to be on the receiving end of a 10 rank difference every single game - meaning we're losing almost every single game. Halo 2 only resorted to a 10 rank difference when the population was so low that it couldn't match you evenly, which is what's happening here.
you can thank 343 for that. It's their fault because of their false promises etc that the population is so low now
Monitor SC wrote:

you can thank 343 for that. It's their fault because of their false promises etc that the population is so low now
I've had enough of MCC, to be quite honest. I told myself for ages that I'd keep playing it and it might get better, but the last update made it much worse for me.
Monitor SC wrote:
Monitor SC wrote:

I've had enough of MCC, to be quite honest. I told myself for ages that I'd keep playing it and it might get better, but the last update made it much worse for me.
I feel you there buddy. I also gave up on mcc a long time ago. I'm playing neverwinter atm and waiting patiently for SWBF and the new rainbow six. Those 2 games are gonna be awesome
Alright listen peeps, I've given MCC two chances already. I don't care if the ranking system is still new or if it's still being balanced. 343 should have already accommodated for the low population. I'm not forgiving them for something that could have been so easily done. I uninstalled MCC last night and I'm not going back to such a broken game