1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Do you know how to halo?
Halo 1-3 Players be like... WHET?!
Bravo made a post of team beyond saying that CE will be played with AR/Pistol start and on the maps that have been used in competition over the years except in BTB of course where the bigger maps come into play.
Halo CE is a different game than the other halos and its not even a close comparison, lan experience with your same group of friends a few times, or playing Halo 2 or 3 without a Battle Rifle is not a good indicator of what competitive play is like in Halo CE, it is an entirely different animal with a large skill gap, you will not pick it up and do well b/c you did well in Halo 2 and 3.

Without a Normal/Generic load out If a good halo CE player or team gets control of the pistol/rocket/sniper good luck getting it back. Everyone with pistol starts equalizes things and creates balance. The game is still about rocket and power up control, but its easy for control to swing back and forth throughout the game b/c you can easily take control back with the pistol.

Without the pistol lol, good luck with the plasma pistol and assault rifle, a lot of the maps aren't designed in a way that you can compete with a sniper, pistol, or rocket launcher with those weapons. The game may be 50-0 if my team gets control first. Try getting a kill on hangem high when someone grabs the pistol or sniper on blue side, and the other guy has rockets camo, The team with control could literally just stand in the open the entire game, protecting the power weapons and take shots at you while you run around helpless.

The pistol eliminates this, its the equalizer.
P00TY wrote:
Halo CE is a different game than the other halos and its not even a close comparison, lan experience with your same group of friends a few times, or playing Halo 2 or 3 without a Battle Rifle is not a good indicator of what competitive play is like in Halo CE, it is an entirely different animal with a large skill gap, you will not pick it up and do well b/c you did well in Halo 2 and 3.

Without a Normal/Generic load out If a good halo CE player or team gets control of the pistol/rocket/sniper good luck getting it back. Everyone with pistol starts equalizes things and creates balance. The game is still about rocket and power up control, but its easy for control to swing back and forth throughout the game b/c you can easily take control back with the pistol.

Without the pistol lol, good luck with the plasma pistol and assault rifle, a lot of the maps aren't designed in a way that you can compete with a sniper, pistol, or rocket launcher with those weapons. The game may be 50-0 if my team gets control first. Try getting a kill on hangem high when someone grabs the pistol or sniper on blue side, and the other guy has rockets camo, The team with control could literally just stand in the open the entire game, protecting the power weapons and take shots at you while you run around helpless.

The pistol eliminates this, its the equalizer.
This is my whole point exactly. Most people have no idea how different Halo CE is compared to the the other Halo games.
MasterBlaster is absolutely right. I actually posted about this yesterday. Halo CE was the original and generic starting equip was how all the pros played on XBC. All other halos should have followed the original like all other games but Bungie failed miserably and that's why all the 1337's of CE were so disappointed with halos 2 and beyond. Map control and power ups is a huge part of halo CE. In fact it is more so than any other halo by far. (And if you're about to argue that point I'll just silence you before you start by mentioning that a power up spawns every minute in halo CE and at the least every 2 minutes in all other halos.) they even made timers that you could download that would tell you exactly when sniper, rockets, camo, over shield would spawn. If you played XBC without a timer then you would lose by a mile to players who used the timers. (ie. all the pros). However, starting with a plasma pistol might not bother some, but quite frankly, it's not Halo CE unless it's generic starting equipment.
lol, no one will be playing Halo CE if it's anything other than pistol starts.
I think that the generic loadouts should be unsc and covenant. So that one of them is the assault rifle and magnum and the other is a plasma rifle and plasma pistol
Mr JVacha wrote:
allstar17 wrote:
What your describing is the basic concept of Halo 1-3 and they were fairly successful

My thoughts exactly.

Fairly successful opened the door for COD to take over. They never should of strayed away form Halo CE.
Dude wtf are you even trying to say? you want ar/pistol starts, yet the game never should have strayed from halo ce which would mean every game would have plasma pistol starts. Which one do you want? BTW halo ce IS halo 1 so how does halo 1 straying from ce make any sense?
I loved this about the old Halo games
You're SUPPOSED to run to the power weapons. It's called map control. I know it's a foreign concept to the latest generation of gamers. You spawn with crap weapons and then you have to run and find the stronger weapons on the map and CONTROL the key positions.
spoken like a person who knows nothing about competitive halo. AR and plasma starts drastically reduce comeback opportunity at higher level play. it's a snowball mechanic that lets the rich get richer and the poor get poorer off one decision.
Many people are going to be pissed when entering a Halo CE game without the generic weapons (AR/Pistol) load-out. Thus it is a race to the nearest power weapon which is absolutely no fun for the guy who gets stuck spawning with a plasma gun and has to face the guy with a sniper or a rocket. Halo CE Pro playlist a good idea? Yeah probably. Just sayin...
Pretty much what made Halo that much more fun, I know it can be a buthurt moment when ya cant get out of a bad start but ime it doesnt happen as a rule
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
You're supposed to go for power weapons and equipment...

Yes of course you are, no denying that. But as you are going for such things isn't it nice to already have a weapon you can defend yourself with?

I get what you mean, but one overcharge can take out a person's entire shield, a second overcharge would bring him/her to barely any health, and a couple more shots would kill. That is if you're talking about CE and Plasma Pistol starts.

Plasma Pistol charge hardly tracks, a person who isn't unaware won't be affected by this, also good luck getting in range for single shot.
NJBuZZ wrote:
I'm confused. So spawning with a plasma pistol in halo 4 is bad but spawning with one in Halo Ce is ok?

i have no idea. I really only played CE extensively. Id imagine they made it a little more balanced in future versions of the game.

I too want to spawn with Ar/pistol and 1 grenade. Plasma pistols shouldn't be starting weapons. Especially on Halo CE BTB.

nah CE is 4 nade start. also spawning plasma pistol isn't ok, plasma pistol and needler are the 2 useless weapons of halo CE...well atleast for people that can play half decent.
That's how it needs to be. Spawning with and AR or SMG gets players to go and pickup weapons off the map. If people spawned with the BR there would be no reason to pick anything up other than power weapons.

talking about CE, no BRs, everything except plasma pistol and needler and sorta AR are powerful. also everything is on a low spawn timer...and not all maps spawn with a primary (pistol)
NJBuZZ wrote:
That's how it needs to be. Spawning with and AR or SMG gets players to go and pickup weapons off the map. If people spawned with the BR there would be no reason to pick anything up other than power weapons.

Im just talking CE. pistol/AR start. You control rockets/sniper/power ups. I dont know what the other games need.

More or less the same.

H2 was smg only starts on launch.
H3 was AR/ (pistol maybe...cant remember on launch as that was a crazy month)
Reach was different as it introduced classes but had the default of AR/ pistol.
H4....well you understand.

H2 had a lot of BR starts as the devs realised smg starts sucked
H3 had more BR starts in voting than AR + due to all the BR spawns in H3 it didn't matter anyway
Reach was default DMR with more votes and influence on DMR starts
H4 shall not be mentioned beyond this point
Kreig556 wrote:
Depends, actually. Pro players can give rookies a real bad time in such situations, but it can play very well in case of equivalently skilled teams.

no the second you get into the higher skill games good players will heavily capitalise on the major disadvantage
Hotrod192 wrote:
Has anybody here actually played Halo 1 multiplayer? The Plasma Pistol in that game was devastating, I would be more than happy to spawn with it. It wasn't the useless pea shooter from halo 2-4, the overcharge could kill people easily and homed in like crazy. The regular shots were powerful too. It's not as though anybody holding a Plasma Pistol is defenseless, far from it.

dunno what game you were playing, it was the weakest plasma pistol in the series
h2 could bend around corners
h3 had heaps of tracking
so did reach
so did H4

only thing worse was the needler
Kreig556 wrote:
Hotrod192 wrote:
Has anybody here actually played Halo 1 multiplayer? The Plasma Pistol in that game was devastating, I would be more than happy to spawn with it. It wasn't the useless pea shooter from halo 2-4, the overcharge could kill people easily and homed in like crazy. The regular shots were powerful too. It's not as though anybody holding a Plasma Pistol is defenseless, far from it.

So basically, it's an unbalanced weapon.
incorrect it doesn't track well and it is easily avoided and worked around. it is the weakest iteration of the PP
Mr JVacha wrote:
allstar17 wrote:
What your describing is the basic concept of Halo 1-3 and they were fairly successful

My thoughts exactly.

Fairly successful opened the door for COD to take over. They never should of strayed away form Halo CE.

Dude wtf are you even trying to say? you want ar/pistol starts, yet the game never should have strayed from halo ce which would mean every game would have plasma pistol starts. Which one do you want? BTW halo ce IS halo 1 so how does halo 1 straying from ce make any sense?
what are you trying to read?

not every game had plasma pistol starts, most people played AR/pistol

he's saying the series should of never strayed from CE
It Halo not COD (where your given weapons)
Mr JVacha wrote:
allstar17 wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Every game i played had plasma pistol starts but i played mostly competitive pc matches so i guess i wouldn't know.
Also he said that halo 1-3 never should of strayed from ce despite the fact that halo 1 is halo ce, but halo ce supposedly had ar/pistol starts h2/h3 both had ar/pistol or in other cases br/pistol starts, so where exactly did they stray to? if his op and subsequent replies were worded a little better everyone in the thread probably wouldn't assume he's either a h4 loadout noob or a troll.
On top of that...... dissing map control completely invalidates his opinion on weapon starts,
halo(until reach and 4) had always been a control key spots fast and long. you will win 9 time out of ten in those spots
Mr JVacha wrote:
allstar17 wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Every game i played had plasma pistol starts but i played mostly competitive pc matches so i guess i wouldn't know.
Also he said that halo 1-3 never should of strayed from ce despite the fact that halo 1 is halo ce, but halo ce supposedly had ar/pistol starts h2/h3 both had ar/pistol or in other cases br/pistol starts, so where exactly did they stray to? if his op and subsequent replies were worded a little better everyone in the thread probably wouldn't assume he's either a h4 loadout noob or a troll.
On top of that...... dissing map control completely invalidates his opinion on weapon starts,
na you've just muddled it up a little, if you read his posts he id defending halo 1. H2 did have a decent amount of smg starts and H3 had a decent amount of AR starts. aside from loadouts they strayed in many other ways gameplay wise

he never mentioned halo 1 straying from CE

he also didn't mention map control
well you are suppose to spawn with weaker weapons even though the pistol in ce is the most over powered pistol I've ever seen it still gives you an advantage to kill your opponents
That dash for the big guns is what made Halo so much fun. The smash mouth throw down for the rockets, or forward planning to used the sniper rifle as bait is the stuff older halo players are talking about. that is classic halo, and something I look forward to coming back, and hope stays for halo 5.
Yeah, I like starting with a decent weapon too, personally.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4