Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

I'M STILL UNDECIDED...

OP

I keep telling myself that it will be a murderous task unlike any other. But a part of me wants to show off that nameplate. So, with that in mind, should I go for the LASO Master challenge? Or should I spare myself the fear and agony of said nightmare fuel?
Are you trying to do it solo or with a co-op partner? Either way, if you don't mind setting aside a good chunk of time to do each game LASO it's nice to be able to say you did what is arguably the most difficult achievement in MCC to get. I don't know if you're aware but Halo Completionist on YouTube has guides for each game at 1 video/mission that are immensely helpful for all the strats to make it as painless as possible.

P.S. I don't think you have to do EVERY game for it. Just the games that shipped with MCC(ie CE, 2, 3, & 4) unless they updated the achievement to require ODST & Reach.

P.P.S. Remember that you MUST do the LASO Playlist in order to get the achievements.
Quote:
Are you trying to do it solo or with a co-op partner? Either way, if you don't mind setting aside a good chunk of time to do each game LASO it's nice to be able to say you did what is arguably the most difficult achievement in MCC to get. I don't know if you're aware but Halo Completionist on YouTube has guides for each game at 1 video/mission that are immensely helpful for all the strats to make it as painless as possible.

P.S. I don't think you have to do EVERY game for it. Just the games that shipped with MCC(ie CE, 2, 3, & 4) unless they updated the achievement to require ODST & Reach.

P.P.S. Remember that you MUST do the LASO Playlist in order to get the achievements.
I am aware. And I will be doing it solo.

Yeah. I guess I've decided.
Good luck spartan!
On second thought, I've changed my mind. It'll be too hectic. And the nameplate I get will be good for showing off.....for only another 2.5 months. So yeah, I think I've decided that before Infinite releases, I'll just play through all of the previous games until its release.
Have you forgotten the words of Sergeant Johnson so quickly?
“You had your chance to be afraid before you joined my beloved Corps! But, to guide you back to the true path, I brought this motivational device! Our big green style cannot be defeated!” In the game the "motivational device" was a tank, but for you it would be whatever epic gaming rig you've got.

Now granted, this is the speech from literally the opposite difficulty setting you'd be doing. Also LASO Master sounds like absolute hell and I would never do it myself so I guess you're making a wise choice. Too bad wisdom is for cowards (like me)
Quote:
Have you forgotten the words of Sergeant Johnson so quickly?
“You had your chance to be afraid before you joined my beloved Corps! But, to guide you back to the true path, I brought this motivational device! Our big green style cannot be defeated!”

These are the words I live by my friend.
The nameplate sucks to be honest and doesn’t even reflect skill as most people who have the achievements did it from that checkpoint glitch.
If you are still considering doing them, find a buddy or someone you really trust. Doing them co op isn't bad with the right partner. ODST Laso is a good starting point to get them under your belt. H3 and H4 aren't bad as well just don't put off CE and H2 till the very end.

ODST in my view is the easiest. Reach, H3 and H4 are medium difficulty and CE and H2 are both very hard. LASO isn't for everyone and you don't have to do them all at once either. Even if you do 1 mission a day you can be done in about 8 weeks.
Quote:
If you are still considering doing them, find a buddy or someone you really trust. Doing them co op isn't bad with the right partner. ODST Laso is a good starting point to get them under your belt. H3 and H4 aren't bad as well just don't put off CE and H2 till the very end.

ODST in my view is the easiest. Reach, H3 and H4 are medium difficulty and CE and H2 are both very hard. LASO isn't for everyone and you don't have to do them all at once either. Even if you do 1 mission a day you can be done in about 8 weeks.
Lately I'm working about 70 hours a week, 6 days a week. 1 mission a day may be asking too much. For LASO at least. And I was mainly going to do the LASO Playlist for the nameplate. But as I've said before, I've changed my mind. I'm just thinking that it's not worth it.
Quote:
I keep telling myself that it will be a murderous task unlike any other. But a part of me wants to show off that nameplate. So, with that in mind, should I go for the LASO Master challenge? Or should I spare myself the fear and agony of said nightmare fuel?
In my opinion, I would just do the LASO playlist for whichever campaigns you enjoy most. That way, the agony won’t be as bad. Unless it’s halo 2. Halo 2 LASO is hell.

p.s. If you want someone to help you out, I’d be more than happy. I want to go for those achievements myself