Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] I want halo 2 Not depend on RNG anymore

OP AbruptGymnast36

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Update fix Halo 2 campaign 343 please make it easy like CE on PC with a update

1 Decrease fire rates for Elites No -Yoink- they fire fast than
2 Sniper Jackals 2 shot death if not scrap them

3 Increase Master Chief\Arbiters health you got not die quickly feel like a badass supersoldier You need to be hard to kill

4, 2 hit melee Elites also assassination

5 Vehicles Need to be stronger Not Die quickly No enemies Fire faster than u

No RNG anymore Fix it 343
It isn't rng based. What's the point of playing on higher difficulty if it's not difficult?
What inb4 death said, it's supposed to be difficult.
On higher difficulties I agree it's a hard game, but that's largely the point of those difficulties.
It's for those who want the most challenging gameplay on offer, and even that isn't enough for some (see SLASO).
I do agree that Jackals Snipers are a pain and getting around them is more a test of patience and trial and error rather than skill, but they only 1-shot on Legendary from full shields so Heroic and lower neuters them significantly.
Ultimately Halo 2 is over a decade old, and messing about with the core mechanics of a classic is bound to do more harm than good.
If you want the game to be easier then put on the skulls Sputnik and Cowbell. And Grunt Funeral if you really need a corridor to be cleared.

Or, if you aren't going for achievements, combine all three with the Scarab skull. As long as you are careful and keep your distance, the levels become a lot easier.
Sounds like you need more practice at halo 2, yes its the hardest game of the series but it's not unfair if you know what you're doing. Pros (not me, but I can hold my own and beat solo legendary halo 2) can run through it making it look like the game is on easy. A few select parts of the campaign can be amped up compated to others but a good chunk of the campaign isn't too difficult at all on legendary if you're good at the game.

Don't try and rush through if that is what you're doing, that is going to lead to a lot of deaths. The jackal sniper parts can be crazy if its your first time playing the level but once you played it before you know where to look and can always headshot the jackal before he shoots you. Legendary is supposed to be, well "Legendary". The game itself tells you its supposed to be played on heroic, nobody is putting a gun to your head forcing you to play legendary just play heroic till you learn the levels better. There is usually one section of each map that like I said earlier seems to amp up the difficulty (usually due to the layout on top of what you're up against, gravemind ptsd) but once you learn the best strategy for the each section it makes it so much easier. Like the room on the first level when their pouring out the tubes boarding the station, you can easily get past that part by timing your grenades to kill the majority, if not all of them on each wave. The room gives you plenty of grenades plus what you carried in.

Also run the noob combo. Plasma pistol wielded with a magnum or plasma pistol/BR combos. Those combos will one shot pretty much everything besides hunters and flood. Magnum/br can one tap grunts/jackals with well placed headshot and a charged plasma shot on an elite followed up with a one tap from your other gun makes life easy.

(Typed on a phone so sorry for any errors I didn't notice)
The sentiment is the same, coming from an OG player the game is the hardest for a reason, but it isnt impossible to beat. And regardless of what inb4 says the RNG can be frustrating sometimes, not knowing if you are coming up to a blue or white elite is annoying but at least you know there is an elite around the corner to plan for. Best advice is start learning what enemies are up next in a section and what possible spawn locations there are.
Elites actually "shoot slower" in h2A because they dont dual wield anymore. Soooooo in a way you got that one so far
Elites actually "shoot slower" in h2A because they dont dual wield anymore. Soooooo in a way you got that one so far
thank u
thank u
Beyond that, i dont believe a typical legendary h2 run has much of any rng. A few things here and there but thats it.
Speed running it, ehh maybe a bit more technically.
I don't see any RNG in what OP says.
Beyond that, i dont believe a typical legendary h2 run has much of any rng. A few things here and there but thats it.
Enemy ranks and spawning, trying to stealth the prison area in The Gravemind can be instantly screwed (with no other choice than restarting the mission) by a Jackal having the gravity lift in sight, sometimes nobody is watching. I like to have a good chance at going to a lower level and take everyone at the middle.

In Uprising, one Grunt spawn is always coming with a Fuel Rod Gun, not the others. That's +20 shots, I don't say no even if it's doable without.

Marines in Delta Halo can actually spawn with a Rocket Launcher (with the Scorpion drop, I can't tell for the beginning) , Extra firepower but not needed with the tank.

The player's life can end fast if an enemy Shotgun decided to have good accuracy, it can last longer when it's a sniper who is actually missing a shot. Don't test your luck.

Covenant vehicles are easier or harder to destroy (the rank of the Elite inside) . When I'm about to reach Regret's temple, I want Banshees that go down in one or two rockets, the 2 FRGs are trigger happy once they start firing and the 2 Rangers are very likely to come when I am hiding.

Enemy sniper spawning at the beginning of Outskirts and Regret, in Outskirts it's 100% random (when and where) , in Regret only the locations are random.

I had a Flood with a Sniper Rifle in High Charity, in the first room after the one with the crystals. It was visible unlike that guy much later but it was a very unique spawn to me.

The small things add pretty fast, I can add more and yeah Halo 2 MCC is lacking dual wielding Elites otherwise they never overheat with a Plasma Rifle on the left hand.
thank u
i try to speedrun Regret it is do hard
If you want the campaign to be easy just put the game setting on easy. It can't get much easier on easy. Higher difficulty settings are supposed to be difficult. That is kinda the point of difficulty levels.
I don't see any RNG in what OP says.
Enemy ranks and spawning, trying to stealth the prison area in The Gravemind can be instantly screwed (with no other choice than restarting the mission) by a Jackal having the gravity lift in sight, sometimes nobody is watching. I like to have a good chance at going to a lower level and take everyone at the middle.

In Uprising, one Grunt spawn is always coming with a Fuel Rod Gun, not the others. That's +20 shots, I don't say no even if it's doable without.

Marines in Delta Halo can actually spawn with a Rocket Launcher (with the Scorpion drop, I can't tell for the beginning) , Extra firepower but not needed with the tank.

The player's life can end fast if an enemy Shotgun decided to have good accuracy, it can last longer when it's a sniper who is actually missing a shot. Don't test your luck.

Covenant vehicles are easier or harder to destroy (the rank of the Elite inside) . When I'm about to reach Regret's temple, I want Banshees that go down in one or two rockets, the 2 FRGs are trigger happy once they start firing and the 2 Rangers are very likely to come when I am hiding.

Enemy sniper spawning at the beginning of Outskirts and Regret, in Outskirts it's 100% random (when and where) , in Regret only the locations are random.

I had a Flood with a Sniper Rifle in High Charity, in the first room after the one with the crystals. It was visible unlike that guy much later but it was a very unique spawn to me.

The small things add pretty fast, I can add more and yeah Halo 2 MCC is lacking dual wielding Elites otherwise they never overheat with a Plasma Rifle on the left hand.
Hence a few things here and there it sounded like op was implying everything is rng based in the game.

Im used to playing games were literally most of the entire tthing or more are rng based so to me h2 is very little rng as i still routinely play it. Its more just memorize a few possibilities, then check each one 1 by 1
x N7 117 x wrote:
If you want the game to be easier then put on the skulls Sputnik and Cowbell. And Grunt Funeral if you really need a corridor to be cleared.

Or, if you aren't going for achievements, combine all three with the Scarab skull. As long as you are careful and keep your distance, the levels become a lot easier.
Thats the easy way to get the Legendary Anniversary achievment for completing it in legendary, so yeah, its a loooot easier in that way
I think they fixed it, I was doing my H2A Heroic run, on Cairo Station at the start, the elites that jump down with Plasma Pistols were duel wielding them
I think they fixed it, I was doing my H2A Heroic run, on Cairo Station at the start, the elites that jump down with Plasma Pistols were duel wielding them
Oh!? :D i gotta do a leg run through the soon!
You could always play heroic if legendary is too hard. Legendary h2 is the best legendary due to its difficulty.
I don't think any of the problems you've listed is RNG related. The only thing I can think out of my head that's RNG related within the campaign is the enemy's spawn points (especially in Gravemind).
We tried the mission to check, the last wave of the first hangar on Legendary didn't have the Ultra with 2 Plasma Rifles, only 1.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2