Skip to main content
So I have a question why does Master Chief's Shield bar in Halo CE on the MCC look a little different than it looks in Halo CE on the original Xbox it's not a big difference but it's still there and I'm curious as to why
The HUD was redone in CE Anniversary, and is in MCC.
But why I thought it was fine the way it was
X11 XOMAN wrote:
I don't know the reason, I can only speculate that for the remaster, they wanted a more modern looking HUD design.
X11 XOMAN wrote:
I don't know the reason, I can only speculate that for the remaster, they wanted a more modern looking HUD design.
What I’m hoping for in one of the upcoming updates is a toggle that lets us choose between the updated anniversary HUD and the classic one. Now that would be nice.
X11 XOMAN wrote:
What I’m hoping for in one of the upcoming updates is a toggle that lets us choose between the updated anniversary HUD and the classic one. Now that would be nice.
What time would like to see in the MCC and in Halo 5 and Halo infinite when it comes out of course is the ability to customize our HUD display have various displays that we can choose from and then also give us the ability to mix-and-match things from the different displays they give us the options to use
X11 XOMAN wrote:
X11 XOMAN wrote:
What time would like to see in the MCC and in Halo 5 and Halo infinite when it comes out of course is the ability to customize our HUD display have various displays that we can choose from and then also give us the ability to mix-and-match things from the different displays they give us the options to use
That sounds like a neat idea! I remember in Halo 5 Forge on PC there was a mod tool that let players choose between 9 different HUDs from the campaign Spartans, or the standard multiplayer one. I always liked Buck’s ODST themed HUD.
I would guess that it's definitely one of those things they over looked when making HCEA/HCE. Its quite amazing to me that some one would notice that but I will say I never played HCE at all untill there was a HCEA on the Xbox 360 and never played HCE multiplayer till MCC since they ignored it with the HCEA. You would think switching from the anniversary to original graphics it would change but it must have been over looked.... I can agree that custom HUDs should be a thing by now and I am surly it's not... Maybe in Infinite but I wouldn't hold my breath for that.
LethalQ wrote:
I would guess that it's definitely one of those things they over looked when making HCEA/HCE. Its quite amazing to me that some one would notice that but I will say I never played HCE at all untill there was a HCEA on the Xbox 360 and never played HCE multiplayer till MCC since they ignored it with the HCEA. You would think switching from the anniversary to original graphics it would change but it must have been over looked.... I can agree that custom HUDs should be a thing by now and I am surly it's not... Maybe in Infinite but I wouldn't hold my breath for that.
If we could use any of the huds from the previous games in Infinite, including all the ones in 5, that would be lit; now those would be satisfying cosmetic unlocks, since we can actually SEE THEM DURING GAMEPLAY.
LethalQ wrote:
If we could use any of the huds from the previous games in Infinite, including all the ones in 5, that would be lit; now those would be satisfying cosmetic unlocks, since we can actually SEE THEM DURING GAMEPLAY.
You would be able to see armor cosmetics in the cut scenes like in Reach you would be able to see vehicle skins since that's in third person if there available in the campaign and you be able to see the weapon skins on the weapons at least the front of it like in Doom Eternal I do hope all of this is available in campaign in not just online multiplayer because that's who they seem to cater to and it pisses me off it's almost like they forget the game has a storyline or campaign
X11 XOMAN wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
You would be able to see armor cosmetics in the cut scenes like in Reach you would be able to see vehicle skins since that's in third person if there available in the campaign and you be able to see the weapon skins on the weapons at least the front of it like in Doom Eternal I do hope all of this is available in campaign in not just online multiplayer because that's who they seem to cater to and it pisses me off it's almost like they forget the game has a storyline or campaign
Yeah more options in general for singleplayer is always fun, and speaking of seeing cosmetics and features, Halo really needs a third person toggle for outside competitive modes.
They need to bring back the classic HUD 100%
I think it had to do with the switch to a wide screen format for the game. The original HUD was designed for full screen mostly it may have looked odd or bad in widescreen or something.
I think it had to do with the switch to a wide screen format for the game. The original HUD was designed for full screen mostly it may have looked odd or bad in widescreen or something.
They could have easily recreated the asset in a higher resolution and Custom Edition maps use the classic HUD anyways which looks fine on modern set up. This seems like a change for change sake which feels like a downgrade in comparison to the original which pops out against the foreground better than the anniversary version.
X11 XOMAN wrote:
Well, I think that they did that to update the resolution. Also to make it look more modern I guess? What annoys me about the new hud, is that they remove the white outlines from the Shield, Heath, Weapons, Etc. It sometimes makes it really difficult to see exactly how much shield you have at the moment, because it can blend in with the background better than before. So yeah, Being able to switch back and forth between huds would be amazing,
X11 XOMAN wrote:
Well, I think that they did that to update the resolution. Also to make it look more modern I guess? What annoys me about the new hud, is that they remove the white outlines from the Shield, Heath, Weapons, Etc. It sometimes makes it really difficult to see exactly how much shield you have at the moment, because it can blend in with the background better than before. So yeah, Being able to switch back and forth between huds would be amazing,
Well I think the shield bar I saw in the Halo Infinite demo was also hard to see they need to bring back the white lines
On 360, the original HUD would show up for splitscreen.

They can bring it back since they finally got the sound of flashlight back.