Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Implement party vs party mm already

OP M0xxiie

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Regardless if it's 4v4, 2v2, or 8v8.

BTB is nearly unplayable sometimes when 6/10 matches it's an 8 stack of good or better players pubstomping the randies on my team and I try my best. I dare say it's an infestation of people trying to boost their K/D. 4v4 however, it's managable. If I want to soloQ or anyone else, they shouldn't be punished. Parties shouldn't be rewarded with ez wins against randoms. Starting to look like Halo 5 warzone up in here tbh with this problem. Let's also add in the fact parties try to avoid each other in matchmaking ques.

Now in terms of newbies trying out halo or wanting to learn... going up against a party or high MMR players isn't gonna make them want to stay. It's like asking an amateur boxer to go up against mike tyson. lmao.
I'm pretty sure this is already a thing
Noseos wrote:
I'm pretty sure this is already a thing
If it is, it's garbage. If it isn't it needs to be implemented. In both cases, it needs to be fixed. It's abhorrent.
It dawned on me recently that in social it says "Party matching: none." I haven't played in a full team in social slayer in awhile, but when I did, I don't think I ever matched another full team, Sometimes it was a party of 3, but otherwise I'm pretty sure it's impossible for 2 teams of 4 to match each other in social 4v4 lol. (To be clear, I agree: add party matching in some capacity. Imo making it an option at least would be acceptable)

I actually have to update this post! I was very surprised last night by playing in a full team in social for the first time in awhile and I believe I matched another full team! My assumption is that they were searching a specific playlist, oddball, Halo 3, late at night when the population was very low and not matching anyone. We started matchmaking and basically joined their lobby right away. Side note, they destroyed us, but until that point I was convinced matching was impossible.

Party matching in social should work just like this scenario. Once a party of 4 is formed, before matchmaking in social, they have to option to use party matching. When a player is solo, they have the option to volunteer for the 4th spot on a team of 3. I enjoy party matching, and I wish it weren't a ranked only feature.
If you enjoy longer queuing up times, waiting up for a match. How well did it fair when they decided to implement input based matchmaking in the game for MKB players? How does it work if your party consists of all spots field for a team except one individual person as well? Someones gotta fill that hole...

Personally, the game should be trying to entice people into making friends in game, due to the fact that it'll generally make the game better over all when you accomplish this.
They already tried it in social and it didn't work out. Parties would either not find games or play the same people over and over again which could be bad if it was a party with guests versus sweats.
Wait wrote:
It dawned on me recently that in social it says "Party matching: none." I haven't played in a full team in social in awhile but when I did, I don't think I ever matched another full team. Sometimes it was a party of 3, but otherwise I'm pretty sure it's impossible for 2 teams of 4 to match each other in social 4v4 lol. (To be clear, I agree: add party matching in some capacity. Imo making it an option at least would be acceptable)
Yup! Some friends and I jumped in matchmaking as a party and we almost never lost. Most of us are not even that good but it just made it that much easier.

In some matches we had scores more then double the other teams.
Damn, guess partying up with the boys & playing Halo is bad thing
Damn, guess partying up with the boys & playing Halo is bad thing
It's not a bad thing. It should be pitted vs other teams, or high MMR players at least. It's just pubstomping at this point.
I understand that they are apprehensive to implement this into MM because it would create even longer search times.

But, the situation now is that you try to search, match a team and now have to either quit (and get banned) or be farmed. I don't care if I would have to search longer if it meant I would get better games. I don't care who you are you aren't going to beat a team of 4 while going solo if they are even a little bit competent.

It should at least be a toggle.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
They already tried it in social and it didn't work out. Parties would either not find games or play the same people over and over again which could be bad if it was a party with guests versus sweats.
If it takes longer que times so be it, that's mostly just low population issues. Problem therein lies in pubstomping, which i have 0 idea how they find fun. It defintely isn't fun as a solo quer.

If they don't implement because of 8 stacks crying because they can't pad their K/D anymore pubstomping, make them match high MMR players. Or ability to toggle parties off.
You guys could just stick to free for all game modes as well. Which are built around not having to deal with teammates or teams in general.
You guys could just stick to free for all game modes as well. Which are built around not having to deal with teammates or teams in general.
No thanks, while I do enjoy FFA time to time, that's not a solution. I provided the solutions, so did others. You can't ignore the problem that is MCC matchmaking. You shouldn't be forced to fight 8 stacks, you shouldn't be forced to pair up with people to enjoy the game. Shouldn't be forced or told to "suck it up", or go to "FFA". It should be a fair, balanced system for all to enjoy.... period.

We wonder why the MCC population won't grow.
M0xxiie wrote:
No thanks, while I do enjoy FFA time to time, that's not a solution. I provided the solutions, so did others. You can't ignore the problem that is MCC matchmaking. You shouldn't be forced to fight 8 stacks, you shouldn't be forced to pair up with people to enjoy the game. Shouldn't be forced or told to "suck it up", or go to "FFA".

I honestly doubt this change at all will improve the population at all. Solo queuers would probably just shift their complaining onto something else if this was implemented and continue complaining about the game. Being stuck with dead weight teammates, afkers, quitters, and so forth would most likely be the next check box if I had to take a guess. If not people complaining about taking forever now to get into matches in the first place.

It also doesn't solve the issue of parties that don't fill up the teams. In a 4 vs 4 match, is a party of 3 going to be stuck playing a man down?
M0xxiie wrote:
No thanks, while I do enjoy FFA time to time, that's not a solution. I provided the solutions, so did others. You can't ignore the problem that is MCC matchmaking. You shouldn't be forced to fight 8 stacks, you shouldn't be forced to pair up with people to enjoy the game. Shouldn't be forced or told to "suck it up", or go to "FFA".

I honestly doubt this change at all will improve the population at all. Solo queuers would probably just shift their complaining onto something else if this was implemented and continue complaining about the game. Being stuck with dead weight teammates, afkers, quitters, and so forth would most likely be the next check box if I had to take a guess. If not people complaining about taking forever now to get into matches in the first place.

It also doesn't solve the issue of parties that don't fill up the teams. In a 4 vs 4 match, is a party of 3 going to be stuck playing a man down?
PArty vs party just means that. 8v8, if no other 8 stack is present, it goes to 8 stack vs 7 stack and so forth.

Those other issues are a problem, for everyone. I.E MMR based matchmaking mind freaking blown. Bad attitude ques for afkers/teamkillers.

Since you are defending this so hard, I take it you pubstomp. Come on dude, be realistic and see the problem. If infinite doesn't implement this it's gonna get bad to the point of Halo 5's MM. Something that MCC is turning into. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS STRIVE FOR A BALANCED MM EXPERIENCE.
M0xxiie wrote:
M0xxiie wrote:

PArty vs party just means that. 8v8, if no other 8 stack is present, it goes to 8 stack vs 7 stack and so forth.

Those other issues are a problem, for everyone. I.E MMR based matchmaking mind freaking blown. Bad attitude ques for afkers/teamkillers.

Since you are defending this so hard, I take it you pubstomp. Come on dude, be realistic and see the problem. If infinite doesn't implement this it's gonna get bad to the point of Halo 5's MM. Something that MCC is turning into. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS STRIVE FOR A BALANCED MM EXPERIENCE.
Except MCC doesn’t have a high enough population to support a system like that, if it did awesome.

As others mentioned 343 experimented with this in social 4 vs 4 and it took 10 minutes to find a match and a majority of the time a stacked team of 4 matched another team of 4 consisting of someone and three guests who barely play Halo based off the scores in the matches I played during this experimentation.

Social 4 vs 4 is the most popular playlist and even the most Popular game in the collection Halo 3 it took upwards of ten minutes to find a match. Now imagine that in BTB good luck finding a game in any game in that playlist besides Halo 3 Slayer in ten minutes.

You can always find other people to party up with via here, LFG or people you play with in matches.

Also the reason people party up a lot is we don’t have to worry about idle players, team killers or quitters it’s quite nice not having to worry about that.
M0xxiie wrote:
M0xxiie wrote:

Those other issues are a problem, for everyone. I.E MMR based matchmaking mind freaking blown.

Sorry, I put up arguments because I don't blatantly feel like jumping onto bandwagon which ignore a lot of blatant holes in their side of the argument. I'm not a pub stomper either. In most games I play I rarely ever try to begin with, I just put forth some effort so I can help my team make progress.

As I said in my original post, this game should be trying to entice people using tools they provide at the users disposal to make friends in the game to play with regularly. Forming smaller communities inside their game and social interaction.

I speak this as a gamer who grew up when online shooters only had community driven servers to work with. Where people went through a list of active servers and joined one. If you hated it, you left, no biggie. If you liked it, you would stay a while and see how it worked out. More often then not you'd move the server to your friends list. From there you would play often, and you'd probably see some of the same people playing with you over and over again. Form bonds, get better together and have fun matches left and right. Hell, people back in Quake and the original Team Fortress mod actually helped other players get better too so that the level of skill would sort of stay balanced between them to keep games fun, even if the person they're helping was on the other team.

This is something matchmaking will probably never be able to provide. Because in the matchmaking set up the chances of playing the same people again is almost completely unlikely to ever happen. This is why I suggest making communities outside of the game ( steampowered allows people to create their own communities for instance, not to mention discord ).
M0xxiie wrote:
M0xxiie wrote:

Those other issues are a problem, for everyone. I.E MMR based matchmaking mind freaking blown.

Sorry, I put up arguments because I don't blatantly feel like jumping onto bandwagon which ignore a lot of blatant holes in their side of the argument. I'm not a pub stomper either. In most games I play I rarely ever try to begin with, I just put forth some effort so I can help my team make progress.

As I said in my original post, this game should be trying to entice people using tools they provide at the users disposal to make friends in the game to play with regularly. Forming smaller communities inside their game and social interaction.

I speak this as a gamer who grew up when online shooters only had community driven servers to work with. Where people went through a list of active servers and joined one. If you hated it, you left, no biggie. If you liked it, you would stay a while and see how it worked out. More often then not you'd move the server to your friends list. From there you would play often, and you'd probably see some of the same people playing with you over and over again. Form bonds, get better together and have fun matches left and right. Hell, people back in Quake and the original Team Fortress mod actually helped other players get better too so that the level of skill would sort of stay balanced between them to keep games fun, even if the person they're helping was on the other team.

This is something matchmaking will probably never be able to provide. Because in the matchmaking set up the chances of playing the same people again is almost completely unlikely to ever happen. This is why I suggest making communities outside of the game ( steampowered allows people to create their own communities for instance, not to mention discord ).
Bandwagon hate? Bro, this is a legitimate problem in MCC. You shouldn't be forced to do any of the above I mentioned or you did either to enjoy MM.

Hey continue the pubstomp fest, it's awesome.. 10/10 quality.

and by all means continue to defend it, it's not gonna change my perspective or others.. period. It's not something people wanna ignore or brush off.
M0xxiie wrote:
M0xxiie wrote:
M0xxiie wrote:

Bandwagon hate? Bro, this is a legitimate problem in MCC. You shouldn't be forced to do any of the above I mentioned or you did either to enjoy MM.

In other words, dealing with you is clearly not worth anyones time and should be ignored. Because your only interested in people who agree with you on these forums like your in an echo chamber.

Noted...
M0xxiie wrote:
M0xxiie wrote:
M0xxiie wrote:

In other words, dealing with you is clearly not worth anyones time and should be ignored. Because your only interested in people who agree with you on these forums like your in an echo chamber.

Noted...
Then leave, bye -holds the door open- later, adios. quit posting on my thread.

I won't have my opinion swayed when confronted with a problem. I'm not weak willed to bend to others POV without ultra-strong supporting arguments. All I am seeing is you defend pubstomps. no solutions, and trying to tell people to do the same thing in MM.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2