Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Improved H3:ODST Customization

OP SirPatrickSpens

I know ODST is just a side game but the level of customization, mostly the colors, is definitely lacking. Per piece customization and choosing colors for the whole armor set probably isn't going to happen, but I think it's what we deserve. If Mega Construx can make all purple ODSTs, why can't we?
but I think it's what we deserve
You're free to think that but I wonder why you do. The way I see it, 343 doesn't care and we're fools to expect better
You're free to think that but I wonder why you do. The way I see it, 343 doesn't care and we're fools to expect better
Damn that got negative out of nowhere
That's a lil harsh
I don’t think I see the ODSTs enough to ever really consider their customization. Having the option to color them a little more would make Firefight teammates more fun to look at though.
It would be neat to customise individual parts of the armour and mix and match. They brought it back for Halo 4, so it could be added to ODST.

I think it might require a little more work than the other games, though, as I believe each character is one model rather than a player model with individual pieces on top. They might have to separate or redesign them.

I would be up for more colour options too provided they are not too garish.
I'd rather if we could just unlock more Marines to play as, and also have the option to be our Halo 3 multiplayer guys.
I'd be happy if they added playable skirmishers and more marines
Guys hear me out... More Halo 3 armor...
I know ODST is just a side game but the level of customization, mostly the colors, is definitely lacking. Per piece customization and choosing colors for the whole armor set probably isn't going to happen, but I think it's what we deserve. If Mega Construx can make all purple ODSTs, why can't we?
Problem is from the original version on the Xbox 360, there wasn't much customization to begin with, we have more models to choose from in ODST on MCC now compared to the original. The only things you could change around was your character, toggling helmet on and off and the colors and that was pretty much it. So they would have to re-rig new armor customization for the ODST model to make this happen from the ground up (there isn't anything to port over from). Another problem is its probably not extremely justified that we will get armor customization for ODST in the future since the amount of Firefight maps are so small anyways and you can't forge them either. Its possible 343 might decide to expand this but we'll see.