Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
You guys really need to harshen the quit penalties back up, or implement join in progress. Gets really irritating when people can quit with virtually 0 punishment whatsoever.

Big Team is a mess because of this. Really gets fun constantly having people quit when you go down a single point in CTF, which results in a cascade of quitters.
Loss of exp would be a good consequence to quitting. Kind of like Halo 3 did. Or some kind of exp lock from quitting for the shield ranks.
Yeah I agree that quitting in the middle of the match is annoying but if penalties were increased then some measures would have to be put in place something to stop people getting punished for crashes or network issues
Rxzor wrote:
Loss of exp would be a good consequence to quitting. Kind of like Halo 3 did. Or some kind of exp lock from quitting for the shield ranks.
This!!! Although like the above poster said they would have to distinguish between network errors and actual quits (they already might, I never get banned after freezing, I'm not sure about losing connection).
You guys really need to harshen the quit penalties back up, or implement join in progress. Gets really irritating when people can quit with virtually 0 punishment whatsoever.

Big Team is a mess because of this. Really gets fun constantly having people quit when you go down a single point in CTF, which results in a cascade of quitters.
So many matches of big team I've played in where we go down early and then everyone just starts to quit. It's asinine. Start losing like 20-5 and it's just all over from there.

I believe that is the game setup and the weren’t that unbalanced people wouldn’t quit that much but if 8 out of 10 games you are always paired with guys that looked that they have never touch a controller in their lives against high ranked players of course people will quit
GerryChef, and kangaroo678 made points I was thinking about. There has been times when loading into a game with friends, someone doesn't load in and that said person is now "banned" for a minute. It was not their fault because the game failed them.

As well, I do sympathize with people if they are getting constantly paired with people who never touched a game in their lives, and downloaded MCC because it was on GamePass and leave from frustration.

I am down with adding an AFK ban and mass Suicide ban for in games. But I never understood why an AFK notice ONLY APPEARS in the menu before the first game. So many times, we have to say out loud, "Move your controller" because someone wasn't constantly moving their stick like a madman pumped with adrenaline and like a normal person was waiting patiently for 10 seconds. It adds unnecessary stress to a GAME.

Sadly, MCC in its current state heavily leans towards the necessity of playing with a full roster of friends, and if you do not... you are punished.

Dude i agree especially in ranked. Its supppper annoying.
Honestly most times I quit are down to blowout matches which encompass 70% of the MCC games I play, once you get down by 15-20 kills it's virtually impossible to climb back and so your teammates either quit or stop trying, I'd rather quit than spend another 10 minutes dying off spawn.
Quitting wouldn't be a problem if they just brought back voting or at least vetoing maps.

or just make it where they can't start a new game until the game you left from finishes.
I'm torn. While it is frustrating to have people quit out of a game, I think its more frustrating to have teammates intentionally throw a game because they don't want to play.

Rather than increasing penalties for quitters, there should be a bonus to players who stick it out til the end and/or an exception to the rule where players on the outnumbered team can quit without being penalized.
Playing some HCE BTB and not once have we ended with 8v8... I would love to see an increase in quit penalties... It's quite sad... I don't get it... You pick HCE in your composer and when you get it you quit... Lame...
I'm torn. While it is frustrating to have people quit out of a game, I think its more frustrating to have teammates intentionally throw a game because they don't want to play.

Rather than increasing penalties for quitters, there should be a bonus to players who stick it out til the end and/or an exception to the rule where players on the outnumbered team can quit without being penalized.
^ This.

I think adding a multiplier to players who consistently finish their games not only helps with quitters but also fixes the issue of the small amount of exp you get per game. Remember, we’re capped at 24,000 exp per game (you can earn an extra few thousand or so as well) but max rank is an astonishingly high 660,000,000 exp. Grinders who play this game every day will be fairly rewarded for their work and quitters will have a deterrent from leaving the game for risk of losing their multiplier. I believe something as simple as a x2, x3 and the highest being a x4 multiplier would work without damaging the exp system.
LethalQ wrote:
Playing some HCE BTB and not once have we ended with 8v8... I would love to see an increase in quit penalties... It's quite sad... I don't get it... You pick HCE in your composer and when you get it you quit... Lame...
Seriously!!! My only complaint though with CE and H2 is my Xbox freezes or the game crashes from time to time.
I've all for quit penalties but doesn't the annoying long wait times for match's kind of cancel out the penalties? so not sure if the 'penalties' are enough since at the moment I don't see much difference between the long wait times and people who are punished.
There needs to be a JIP for Social, but then again I don't think people want to be in a very 1 Sided match

But Harsher Penalties should be in place, I think the quitting is getting out of control and I'm tired of it
LethalQ wrote:
Seriously!!! My only complaint though with CE and H2 is my Xbox freezes or the game crashes from time to time.
I've had that a few times when my crashes playing CE or 2, but that's like a 10% chance of doing so for me
There needs to be a JIP for Social, but then again I don't think people want to be in a very 1 Sided match

But Harsher Penalties should be in place, I think the quitting is getting out of control and I'm tired of it
I think JIP should probably stick to custom games and social matchmaking games via friends only as a choice instead of auto-join since doubt most people want to start a random game with random people in a losing game.
DeIiverer wrote:

^ This.

I think adding a multiplier to players who consistently finish their games not only helps with quitters but also fixes the issue of the small amount of exp you get per game. Remember, we’re capped at 24,000 exp per game (you can earn an extra few thousand or so as well) but max rank is an astonishingly high 660,000,000 exp. Grinders who play this game every day will be fairly rewarded for their work and quitters will have a deterrent from leaving the game for risk of losing their multiplier. I believe something as simple as a x2, x3 and the highest being a x4 multiplier would work without damaging the exp system.
Brilliant.
DeIiverer wrote:

^ This.

Honestly I don't see this working as most classic/legacy players don't care about the ranks and cosmetics, and more about good matches and winning which isn't adressed in your solution. It wouldn't stop me from leaving a match where within the first minute the game is already lost and it's just flat out unfun from there on.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3