Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
At the very least the game needs to learn the difference between frequent quitting and random 1 time quit. Sometimes things happen out of our control and at the moment the system doesn't make much sense. Right now I can't see much difference between a 'temp ban' and a long wait time to find a match because most of the time is wasted trying to find a match, is either the same length of time or a lot longer than any of the penalties, even then quitting early is sometimes better than being afk for the rest of the match because afk players are giving the enemy free kills.
ronnie42 wrote:
I've all for quit penalties but doesn't the annoying long wait times for match's kind of cancel out the penalties? so not sure if the 'penalties' are enough since at the moment I don't see much difference between the long wait times and people who are punished.
You have long wait times? I guess it depends on what you search. I've been playing 4v4, FFA, and BTB for the last couple weeks and rarely have to wait longer than a minute to find a game.
ronnie42 wrote:
I've all for quit penalties but doesn't the annoying long wait times for match's kind of cancel out the penalties? so not sure if the 'penalties' are enough since at the moment I don't see much difference between the long wait times and people who are punished.
You have long wait times? I guess it depends on what you search. I've been playing 4v4, FFA, and BTB for the last couple weeks and rarely have to wait longer than a minute to find a game.
It varies. Sometimes I have quick match's, sometimes I have painfully long wait times...it's a common problem with MCC, a common complaint amongst the community. The issue has been sort of talked to death in these forums about it.
Honestly most times I quit are down to blowout matches which encompass 70% of the MCC games I play, once you get down by 15-20 kills it's virtually impossible to climb back and so your teammates either quit or stop trying, I'd rather quit than spend another 10 minutes dying off spawn.
This is what I see as the main cause. The team balancer is non existent in MCC and I always notice that when the score difference gets bad enough people quit as it's a waste of time. People are also quitting alot once they see they matched the same partied teams and know that the game is only gonna be spawn farming.

They need to fix the biggest reasons why people are quitting before increasing the punishment. Otherwise people will just keep leaving the game and the population will die faster.
Honestly most times I quit are down to blowout matches which encompass 70% of the MCC games I play, once you get down by 15-20 kills it's virtually impossible to climb back and so your teammates either quit or stop trying, I'd rather quit than spend another 10 minutes dying off spawn.
This is what I see as the main cause. The team balancer is non existent in MCC and I always notice that when the score difference gets bad enough people quit as it's a waste of time. People are also quitting alot once they see they matched the same partied teams and know that the game is only gonna be spawn farming.

They need to fix the biggest reasons why people are quitting before increasing the punishment. Otherwise people will just keep leaving the game and the population will die faster.
There isn’t enough of a population for a team balancer. The population is split 5 ways and you can’t force everyone to search all games at once.
Then we are screwed. Increasing quit penalties while keeping the actual problems will only drive more of the population away. Which is something you are very adamant that the game does not have. If we that little of a population which I don't believe is the case at all then the game is dead already as other shooters have these systems with less.
Quit penalties don't stop people from quiting, they stop people from playing the game. I agree join in progress should be out in place, and I also kind of agree with some sort of penalty in ranked play exclusively. Social shouldn't be touched though.

One of 343i's great sins is the "sweatification" of casual play in MCC and Halo 5. We don't need more of that, we need less.
Bobross343 wrote:

There isn’t enough of a population for a team balancer. The population is split 5 ways and you can’t force everyone to search all games at once.
Exactly. Hopefully cross-play, CGB and input based matchmaking will all have a positive influence on this. Only thing I can personally think that they can still add is join in progress in select playlists/social.
Bobross343 wrote:

Exactly. Hopefully cross-play, CGB and input based matchmaking will all have a positive influence on this. Only thing I can personally think that they can still add is join in progress in select playlists/social.
No on jip it only will put people on the losing team with a huge score or flag cap gap. Fresh 100% or no games
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:

No on jip it only will put people on the losing team with a huge score or flag cap gap. Fresh 100% or no games
This just isn't true. Can it happen? Of course, but you and I both know that there are people who will quit out immediately for any given reason. That happens more often than people quiting out because they're losing.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:

This just isn't true. Can it happen? Of course, but you and I both know that there are people who will quit out immediately for any given reason. That happens more often than people quiting out because they're losing.
Quitting will always happen. But putting players in no hope to win matches will only make those people afk in a corner. Nobody wants to be that guy filling in on a losing team
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:

People will quit.... there’s truth in that but nobody wants to get chucked Into a lost cause of a game and waste their time knowing that they are going to lose. They will hide in a corner and afk to save k/d
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:

People will quit.... there’s truth in that but nobody wants to get chucked Into a lost cause of a game and waste their time knowing that they are going to lose. They will hide in a corner and afk to save k/d
Casual players don't understand this. They just want to get carried, then cry about "toxicity" after dying 18 times.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:

Casual players don't understand this. They just want to get carried, then cry about "toxicity" after dying 18 times.
Yup.
I agree it might be annoying when people quit, and it’s even worse when the other teammates remaining go afk or constantly troll around. It is 4v4 only on paper basically, it makes me want to just play FFA and not worry about them at all.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:

If someone quits out in the first 2-3 minutes of a game, that game can be salvaged most of the time IMO. Any later than that and it gets dicey. So it's 343i's job to find where that cut-off is and apply it appropriately. Most other modern multiplayer games have this figured out, and it's a huge QoL feature. If you're worried about K/D and W/L then just don't apply those games to your overall stats. Like I said, all of these things have been figured out by other games.

In ranked I understand not implementing something like that. In social there's no reason not to.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:

If someone quits out in the first 2-3 minutes of a game, that game can be salvaged most of the time IMO. Any later than that and it gets dicey. So it's 343i's job to find where that cut-off is and apply it appropriately. Most other modern multiplayer games have this figured out, and it's a huge QoL feature. If you're worried about K/D and W/L then just don't apply those games to your overall stats. Like I said, all of these things have been figured out by other games.

In ranked I understand not implementing something like that. In social there's no reason not to.
I always hated jip never will be a fan rather get 100% fresh games. 343 chucked you I into 500 point differences in h5..... so they don’t know
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:

I always hated jip never will be a fan rather get 100% fresh games. 343 chucked you I into 500 point differences in h5..... so they don’t know
I vote no for JIP. JIP hardly ever works out and honestly annoying how you have to be dropped into a losing game from the start. It gets real annoying when it's JIP, after JIP after JIP... Not to mention I feel JIP kinda encourages players to quit because they think some one will just take their place so it's no big deal. Halo is better without JIP even when players quit out and leave you short handed. I just wish the ban hammer had a bit more bite so to speak to discourage quitters. Finishing games even ones you are losing isn't to much to ask now a days.
They should add a JIP selector or something like that such as a filter option, so you can turn it off if you don't like it.
I agree with more strict punishments being added. Obj based game modes are almost irrelevant these days.

Just had 3 players leave in thte beginning of CTF game..
Under social playlist. Leaving me at a 1 v 4 .
I myself then left due to the enemy team refuing to pick up the flag .

I'd think increasing punishment or simply bringing a system where if your team leaves, you can leave with no punishment, would be a good benefit to the community as a whole.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3