I am currently playing through all the Halo in "Storey Mode" as I have completed the campaign and I love the storey of the master chief and his exploits. I have the bandanna skull on which gives me unlimited ammo but I do wish I had invincibility also.

Hopefully 343 and the Powers Of Be will give us this option

A
Where is the fun in that? Not a roast, just genuinely curious.
It would be pretty interesting to see what cool tricks/glitches could be performed with invincibility such as easier rocket jumping.
The fun of it is the weird stuff you could do with it. Imagine Halo CE with no fall damage, all the cool places to explore. And grenade jumps with piles of dozens.

I’m surprised they’ve never introduced one. Most games have some variation on “iddqd.”
This would be super fun.
The fun of it is the weird stuff you could do with it. Imagine Halo CE with no fall damage, all the cool places to explore. And grenade jumps with piles of dozens.

I’m surprised they’ve never introduced one. Most games have some variation on “iddqd.”
It would probably open the door to a bunch of bugs, which they would not want.
It would be pretty interesting to see what cool tricks/glitches could be performed with invincibility such as easier rocket jumping.
Fair, I guess I forgot for a second that their are other ways to play Halo! Especially after you have beaten it a dozen times! I am a fan of jumps and tricks and speed running tactics but only when they can be done in a *regular* play through. I feel like after almost 20 years of Halo and no invincibility skull, I doubt they will implement one now though.
We already have the invincibility skull. It's called Easy mode.
It would be very cool for glitches, which are kind of a staple in Halo Campaigns. VERY fun in Halo 2.
I would definitely love to see this. I'm enough of an old fart to remember when cheat codes were half the fun of gaming. There were even entire magazines and third party devices (endorsed by developers) dedicated to them. Some of the best fun my buddies and I had were turning on god codes and trying to see how we could glitch/break maps using them.

I wouldn't even care if they disabled all achievements while using such a skull, I'd love to still have it just to play around with.
omarlotrc wrote:

To be fair, Halo 2 has the Scarab skull and if you spam the trigger on anniversary graphics, the frame rate drops down to PowerPoint presentation levels. Add that Halo 2's multiplayer settings can be tweaked to hell to the point you can see the outside boundaries of the map.
We already have the invincibility skull. It's called Easy mode.
Shoot a rocket at your feet and report back here with the outcome.
I wouldn't mind trying to speed run Halo 2 with the bandana, scarab and an invincibility skull on just to see how fast i could run through the game
omarlotrc wrote:

Most of the time these days they embrace fun bugs in the game, as long as they don't negatively affect multiplayer gameplay.
omarlotrc wrote:

Most of the time these days they embrace fun bugs in the game, as long as they don't negatively affect multiplayer gameplay.
So while I agree it would be fun to try to find glitches in the game, going back to the point of the OP, it seems like he isn’t trying to exploit the game and rather just trying to complete it for the sake of the story. In that case, play easy.
Not only would it be great to see what new discoveries could be made while using it, it would also remove the skill barrier entirely for finishing the game. A good thing in my eyes. Would mean that anyone could enjoy Halo :)
I’m behind it as long as it’s a 0.00x skull.