Skip to main content
We NEED this, preferably by the december update. People are hitting streamers, pros and random people offline every game they play now, and it shouldn't be on the player to play on a VPN. Its getting out of control. I don't want to have to change my IP every day just to play.
Any proof?

As far as I am aware, the only thing that exposes your IP is the xbox party system.
There is proof if you look for it. I read that people are getting IP's through the chat system since it's still P2P.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
There is proof if you look for it. I read that people are getting IP's through the chat system since it's still P2P.
Which is part of the Xbox system, not MCC.
Nalatroz wrote:
Which is part of the Xbox system, not MCC.
Doesn't mean they can't look into it to see if they can do anything.
ip masking is needed so bad, booting has become such a casual thing in high ranked matchmaking in all halo titles, mcc is dedicated servers now so our ips have no reason not to be hidden
Axo wrote:
ip masking is needed so bad, booting has become such a casual thing in high ranked matchmaking in all halo titles, mcc is dedicated servers now so our ips have no reason not to be hidden
Nothing to due with MCC, its the party feature on xbox that leaks your IP, bring it up with xbox team not 343i. Separate teams.
Nalatroz wrote:
Axo wrote:
Nothing to due with MCC, its the party feature on xbox that leaks your IP, bring it up with xbox team not 343i. Separate teams.
its in mcc lol, tutorials for halo 2 14 years ago work on mcc too
Axo wrote:
how does revealing IP address lead to booting?
While I definitely agree this is something we need and would be very helpful, I don't see it coming to MCC that's just me being honest I feel like having something like that in the next Halo game will be a reasonable goal.

can you imagine how different Halo 3 on the Xbox would have been with this kind of technology. ..
jjnk12345 wrote:
Axo wrote:
I hope this isnt a serious question.
Axo wrote:
jjnk12345 wrote:
Axo wrote:
I hope this isnt a serious question.
Not everyone understands how this stuff works.
I agree a lot of the pros and normal people are complaining about it on twitter. It is an ongoing issue and idk why they cant hide the IP addresses if theyre connected to a server. Another problem though is that all games arent played on dedicated servers. Theres been a lot of people finding out in h3 that they are in peer to peer lobbies.
I agree a lot of the pros and normal people are complaining about it on twitter. It is an ongoing issue and idk why they cant hide the IP addresses if theyre connected to a server. Another problem though is that all games arent played on dedicated servers. Theres been a lot of people finding out in h3 that they are in peer to peer lobbies.
i got a very very very fishy wifi drop in a game two days ago, when i was getting dropped by server it said selecting new host, so yea, the whole dedicated server thing is still a lie