So I wanna be excited for these updates coming to MCC. But then I remember who and what this company did with halo 5. And the beginning of MCC. And I makes me nervous because I have no reason to believe they’ll get it right, aside from their words. Like it’s fair criticism at this point. I’m sorry being the Debby downer, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Wild card does the same thing with Ark Survival Evolved. I really want this game to work. But there is no way I can trust 343. Waiting for this to get hidden.
Imo, we should be more upset with Halo 4 than Halo 5. Halo 5 was at least a step in the right direction, but still plenty of criticism is deserved. All companies mess up when it comes to online infrastructure. And let's not forget how terrible xbox live was on the One when it first launched. The reliability of parties, game invites, and connecting to online games didn't improve until well into 2016.
So, they will get it right with MCC imo. When MCC launched it was a multi-studio effort along with the terrible xbox live system that contributed to its failings.
So I wanna be excited for these updates coming to MCC. But then I remember who and what this company did with halo 5. And the beginning of MCC. And I makes me nervous because I have no reason to believe they’ll get it right, aside from their words. Like it’s fair criticism at this point. I’m sorry being the Debby downer, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Wild card does the same thing with Ark Survival Evolved. I really want this game to work. But there is no way I can trust 343. Waiting for this to get hidden.
Halo 5's multiplayer worked when it launched. I've enjoyed the game. The campaign, mechically, was okay. The multiplayer was great in my opinion. I, also enjoyed Halo 4. So you can hate on 343 if that's what you want to do.

The MCC was an overambitious project that was worked on by multiple studios. It was a patchwork that obviously don't sew together properly. From the sounds of it, they are really tearing it down and building it back up as a cohesive whole. I am very optimistic. With a dedicated team that is dedicated to just rebuilding the networking infrastructure of the MCC and making it more user friendly, I definitely believe they can do this. I have enjoyed the game, faults and all, since launch. I want more from it. I have expectations with their promise to fix it, but I'm not going to be a Negative Nancy. I consistently get games, I haven't had many achievements break on me. Campaign and playlists have functioned mediocre.

So you be a cynic, if that's what you want. I can't convince you otherwise. In my opinion, 343 has done a solid job with Halo in the 2 games they created. They are not my favorite games, but I enjoyed them.
I think this is a good attitude to have at this point. I’m with you too. I believe they can do it, but I need to see it. It’s not something I can assume from them. Simple case in point in the past year or so is the disaster that has been the weapon tuning for Halo 5 and the crappy situation with regards to owners of the season pass in Halo Wars 2. So things are not all good right now.
Seeing is believing, so let's all be patient and wait until the first update is actually released. I don't mean to be negative, but I have gotten my hopes up too many times with this company only to have them crumble into dust.
Imo, we should be more upset with Halo 4 than Halo 5. Halo 5 was at least a step in the right direction, but still plenty of criticism is deserved.
Why? Halo 4 was a great game.

Halo 5's multiplayer may be better than Halo 4's.

BUT the direction Halo 5 took with its campaign was very bad. It was just "good" and for a Halo game that just isn't gonna cut it, as harsh as that may sound. The worst thing was, that it obviously tried to compete with Destiny and felt like a game that came from a place of insecurity.

If there isn't going to be a concise promise that Halo 6 isn't gonna tread in 5's footsteps, I honestly think very few people will buy it, cause the letdown that Halo 5's campaign was, was a deep cut most people will remember.
I think Halo 5 is a great game, the campaign was mediocre though. You can't deny the forge and custom games are the best we've seen so far with any halo game.
The MCC came out in 2014 and these updates should've been discussed in mid 2015 at the latest, not in early 2018 when the game is already suffering from massive population issues... due to lack of major stability updates. I wouldn't trust 343 with a penny but they're unfortunately the stewards of Halo at the moment and anything they do should be taken with a few trillion grains of salt due to their lengthy history of untruthful and blatantly lazy decisions.
My hopes aren't to high.... It is 343.. but after over a month they finally gave some clue what the update will entail and they are adding continuous matchmaking so we don't have to restart a search after games, which is good. Also what will be highly controversial it seems they will remove voting.... Which is good and bad. Finally those of us who want to play other titles in BTB and not H3 all the time may actually get to play them.... But it will turn the game into a quit fest as well. But I would rather deal with quitters than keep playing games I didn't particularly want to play. Also my concern is pretty much every update in H5 usually broke other stuff they would have to parch... So can 343 pull off a massive update to MCC a game that isn't excatly stable without breaking other stuff?
LethalQ wrote:
My hopes aren't to high.... It is 343.. but after over a month they finally gave some clue what the update will entail and they are adding continuous matchmaking so we don't have to restart a search after games, which is good. Also what will be highly controversial it seems they will remove voting.... Which is good and bad. Finally those of us who want to play other titles in BTB and not H3 all the time may actually get to play them.... But it will turn the game into a quit fest as well. But I would rather deal with quitters than keep playing games I didn't particularly want to play. Also my concern is pretty much every update in H5 usually broke other stuff they would have to parch... So can 343 pull off a massive update to MCC a game that isn't excatly stable without breaking other stuff?
I think your analysis of the removal of the voting system is spot-on. I had similar concerns. What I can add is that i suppose splitting up the games into individual playlists will thin out the player base even more, whereas packing multiple titles in one playlist was actually a clever way to "draw the population together".

There is room for improvement regarding playlists, but it's also very ease to make everything worse than as it is now.
ukdork87 wrote:
Imo, we should be more upset with Halo 4 than Halo 5. Halo 5 was at least a step in the right direction, but still plenty of criticism is deserved.
Why? Halo 4 was a great game.Halo 5's multiplayer may be better than Halo 4's.

BUT the direction Halo 5 took with its campaign was very bad. It was just "good" and for a Halo game that just isn't gonna cut it, as harsh as that may sound. The worst thing was, that it obviously tried to compete with Destiny and felt like a game that came from a place of insecurity.

If there isn't going to be a concise promise that Halo 6 isn't gonna tread in 5's footsteps, I honestly think very few people will buy it, cause the letdown that Halo 5's campaign was, was a deep cut most people will remember.
Whoa.
ukdork87 wrote:
Why? Halo 4 was a great game.
It was a mediocre game that introduced us to Prometheans, sprint, and loadouts. That in itself should tell you enough about why this game is awful.
It also shot all the pre established lore in the head, and replaced it with some rubbish about ancient humans fighting the Forerunners.
The story was decent enough.
Until they asked you to pay 60 dollars for the rest of it.
I don't really know, I just hope they don't overthink this and do the first good thing they've ever done. Halo 5 and 4 are not good games to me.
I understand your skeptical outlook on the project. It seems exciting when they announced it but they have done this before countless times for other halo games and they turn out to disappoint some people in the community. I hope these updates actually fix MCC and the gaming experience, but until we see it happen in the near future, I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt and be cautious about this.
Dont have high expectations and you wont be disappointed.
Mostly looking forward to the UI changes and any bug/audio fixes they do. There's a lot of bugs and audio level problems still.
I am less concerned with them fixing the bugs as I an with them updating the playlists themselves.

Cross paylists need to go but I’ve posted extensively about this and why. I’ll list a few things 343 has either added or removed that don’t make sense to me from playlists I frequent.

- H3 snipers has sniper hill. Please remove this.
- H2 snipers has colossus. Spawn trapping is terrible for this map and was removed from the rotation on OG xbox.
- H2 btb has coagulation snipers. Again, spawns are horrible and again, was also removed from the OG ranked snipers playlist.
- H3 ranked slayer is missing sandbox and valhalla.

I encourage 343 to eliminate all cross playlists and look at the last current maps/settings and copy paste. I would add one thing to this. I doubt there would be much objection if all smg/ar starts were replaced with br starts.

I hope they make the right decisions. And in taking special interest in the opinions of the classic community which call MCC home. And for the many other classic fans to soon return.
My main worry is people will get too excited based on possibilities rather than what will happen or is actually confirmed by 343 to happen.

That being said, if you meant that the changes confirmed by 343 will still be buggy or end up not working as well as they intended, then I agree there. We should just give feedback and wait.
The MCC came out in 2014 and these updates should've been discussed in mid 2015 at the latest, not in early 2018 when the game is already suffering from massive population issues... due to lack of major stability updates. I wouldn't trust 343 with a penny but they're unfortunately the stewards of Halo at the moment and anything they do should be taken with a few trillion grains of salt due to their lengthy history of untruthful and blatantly lazy decisions.
It's actually a bit embarrassing. 4 years later and still major updates are needed
If they:
  1. Fix all the Halo 2 Forge mode bugs (at least make spawns work, allow me to save my maps while offline, and fix the generated lighting for trees)
  2. Add offline system link (which works with Halo 2 Forge maps)
then I will be satisfied.

I'm not even asking for anything new. I'm just asking for the same features that worked fine in all their older Halo games.

But I, too, am skeptical.